Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Palmer 1: Round 7



Last round, twins Blair and Madison Palmer debated whether or not to continue wearing their disguises as they aged from childhood into their teenage years. Finley did his best to support the family on a single income after Megan and Emily's deaths, and Reginald...hung around and complained. 


Finley: Look, I get that you're going through a phase or something, but can you please just put the makeup back on?

Blair: No! This is who I really am! I don't see why I should have to hide...

Finley: Look, your sister's inviting somebody over today. You two are supposed to be twins...can you just do it for her?

Blair: (sigh) Ugh, fine! 


Madison: Hi...do you want to come over?

Who are you talking to?

Madison: Um...just a friend.


Ah, Stratus Flenderson. That could work out well.

Madison: So Dad...isn't it about time for you to head to work?

Finley: Actually, I have the day off today... 


Stratus: Um...what are you doing?

Madison: Um....I have a headache? Yeah, that's it. I have a headache.


Hmm...Marlin's a bit younger than you, but it could work, I guess...



Marlin: I'm sorry to hear about your mom...

Blair: Oh, Megan wasn't...um...I mean...thanks. Yeah, it was really hard. 

Marlin: But who's that old guy hanging around the yard?

Blair: Um...the live-in handyman.

Marlin: Wow, you guys have everything!



Man, don't you two look cheery...

Blair: Is it hot in here, or is it just me?


Madison: Aren't you going to eat anything?

Blair: No...I'm good.


Not feeling so hot?

Blair: No! 


Say Reginald...

Reginald: What?

Um...so, you're...getting up there in years, aren't you?

Reginald: What about it?

Well, it's just that usually, by now....

Reginald: Wondering why I'm not dead, aren't you?

No, no...not at all...(yeah, kind of)


Stratus: This is really good...did you make it yourself?

Madison: Yeah...

Stratus: You know, I'm working towards being a chef one day...


Well, I guess a mutual love of cooking isn't the worst thing to build a relationship on...


Ok, you two...slow it down!


What happened to your live-in handyman?

Blair: Well, I figured we'd better learn how to fix stuff...you know, in case one day he's not around anymore.

If I didn't know better I'd say you actually sound a bit hopeful...


Blair: I can't do this anymore, Madison!

Madison: What?

Blair: I can't live like this anymore! Whether people like me or they don't, it shouldn't be based on this lie!

Madison: Blair, it's just until we get out of school...

Blair: Yeah, but then what? What about work? And getting married? Do you really think Stratus would be dating you if he saw you without this disguise?


Madison: Dad, do you think Stratus would still love me if...he knew?

Finley: Um....sure? I mean, I don't really know...

Something tells me Stratus would be just fine with it, Madison.

Finley: Ah, what do you know? Things are different around here. I say don't risk it.

Madison: But I can't keep putting this makeup on every day for my entire life.

Finley: Why not?


Well, I've got to be on my way...

Blair: Whatever.

Hopefully this house will be in a better mood next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, I think something is wrong with Reginald. His aging bar is completely full, and I've gotten no indication that he is going to die of old age. Typically there are two "warning" messages that appear before a Sim dies of old age ("It's almost X's time..." and "X's life is coming to an end...") and he has received neither of them. I really hope he isn't somehow immortal, because he's really, really annoying to have around when nothing is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment