Saturday, January 12, 2019

Hannon 1: Round 19




Welcome to the beginning of Round 19 of Tranquility Creek! As always, we begin with the Hannon house. Last round was an eventful one for the Hannon's. Twins Betta and Clam were getting ready for their high school graduation while still putting in time at their fathers' bakery. Once out of school, Betta realized that an immediate engagement isn't always the right way to go. By the end of the week, though, here sweetheart Jimmy had become her husband.


Hi, guys!

Betta: Oh, hey there mysterious voice. Um, Jimmy? There's something I need to tell you...


Wow, that was fast...I didn't even get to awkwardly back out of the room first.


Jimmy: We're going to have a baby?

Betta: I know, right? I can't wait to tell Mom and Dad...


Mikel: I'm going to be a grandpa?

Betta: Uh-huh! 

Um, I don't mean to split hairs here, but technically he's already a grandpa. Trumpet, remember?

Mikel: Oh...well, it's still great news. It should liven things up around here, that's for sure.


Yeah, you guys don't have a whole lot going on this week, do you? No birthdays, even.


Jimmy: Ok, so that was two red velvet cupcakes and the plate of bagels, right?

Customer: You guys got any of those blue confetti cakes left? I brought one home last week and my kids went nuts over it. I'd love to have one for Egg Fest...

Looks like the bakery is doing pretty well...

Jimmy: Yeah...I had no idea how busy this place got.

Well that's because you'd only been here on secret dates in the dark.



Speaking of Egg Fest...


Um, Flower Bunny? Maybe tone it down a notch. I'm not sure he can breath.


So, you guys are all cool with the giant rabbit standing in your front hallway all day?

Tetra: Of course! It's the Flower Bunny!


Well, at least there'll be an extra babysitter...


Jimmy: Ok...baby's coming. Baby's coming....Hospital! We've got to go to the hospital...

Betta: After...breakfast...

Seriously? Betta, I think the grand meal can wait...


Never mind, it looks like we missed our chance for the hospital anyway...


It's a boy! Welcome, Pike!


And he looks exactly like...no one.

Betta: Well of course not. No babies look like anyone...


Tetra: Ok, baby...Grandma will go get a bottle. Just wait one minute...

A bit easier with one at a time, isn't it?

Tetra: You have no idea...


Looks like you even had some time to get some writing done. Congratulations!


Hopefully the toddler years will go just as smoothly...


Happy birthday, dear Pike...


And we've got a charmer!


Huh...I actually really like the hair and the outfit. He's kind of like a mini-Clam.


Jimmy: All right, buddy. You ready to go?

Pike: Go where, Daddy?

Betta: Today's your first day of play group, remember?

Pike: But I play here!

Jimmy: Yeah,,,but...

Betta: But we don't have a ball pit here, do we?

Pike: Ball pit!


I see the negotiations went well...


And here come the charmer hugs...


Including one for Uncle Shark...


Betta: Let's see...if you go in tomorrow I can handle Sunday....Mom's got work on Monday...

Are you planning some sort of military operation?

Betta: No, we're trying to figure out how to handle Pike and the bakery. 

Mikel: I still say you should just bring him with you. Let him learn the family business early.

Betta: Dad, he's a toddler. We don't let him anywhere near the stove. Besides, there's really nothing for him to do there.

Mikel: He's got that...tappy thing, right?

I believe it's called a tablet.

Mikel: Yeah, what she said. And those blocks move too. He'll be fine.

Betta: Well...I guess we could try it...


Pike: Mama! I did it! I builded a house!

Betta: That's great, honey. I'll come see in just a second. Just stay right here and don't touch anything...


Betta: Hello there, what can I get for you today?

Customer: Um...actually...I just wanted to let you know you may want to take a look at your restroom.

Betta: Our restroom?

Customer: Yes...um...I'm noticing a strange smell...

Betta: Oh, that's...you know what, I'll get right on that...thank you so much for letting us know.


Yeah, maybe it's better if Pike stays home with Dad for now..at least until he's potty trained. Anyway, it's about time for me to be on my way. I'll see all of you in round 20!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And Round 19 begins! There's going to be a lot of new toddlers in this round, so buckle up! Pike is absolutely adorable, and I think he may be the first one to age up into an outfit and a hairstyle that weren't awful. He really does look just like his Uncle Clam. The bakery does do really, really well now (partially because with Mikel, Betta, and Jimmy all working there there's no need to pay employees.) But yeah, bringing a toddler along wasn't the best plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment