Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Rowan 1: Round 20


Last round, Athena and Cyprus moved into Athena's parent's house as newlyweds. Both took advantage of the new freelance career options, which came in handy when Athena became pregnant with twin girls, Hera and Hestia. Meanwhile, Nemo continued to excel in the culinary career and Adrianna continued her work as an author.


Hi there, Nemo...

Nemo: Well...look who finally showed up.

I know, I know...things have been...weird where I am lately. What's been going on around here?


Nemo: Not much, really...unless you count the toddler-related drama.

Things not going well with the twins?

Nemo: Well, I think Cyprus and Athena are realizing that this whole "freelance" thing is much harder with two toddlers around.


Hera: Daddy! Come play!

Cyprus: I thought you were watching a movie on your tablet...

Hera: It ended!

Cyprus: (sigh)


Cyprus: Ok, honey...just stay in here and play with your dollhouse for awhile. Daddy needs to finish his painting by the end of the day.

I don't think they understand deadlines yet, Cyprus.


Athena: Well, I finally got that chapter done...

Cyprus: Well that's more than I can say about my painting.

Athena: I don't get it...I mean, my mom was a writer too and she never seemed this stressed when we were little...

I think that might be a matter of perspective, Athena...


Plus, it's not like your mom's been completely uninvolved this time around either. Wouldn't it be easier to bathe them together?

Adrianna: You'd think that, wouldn't you? But somehow they end up splashing more when they're together. So now we bathe them at the same time in two different bathrooms.


Why is there a coffee stand in the middle of the random field by your house?

Athena: Who cares? There's a source of caffeine steps from my back door. I'm not questioning it.


Luckily the dollhouse seems to be keeping them occupied...for now.


So, how do you plan to have your mom's birthday in the middle of all this?

Athena: We're having dinner out tonight to celebrate.


Hera: Mama...I go to dinner too?

Athena: No, honey...this is a grown-up dinner. You and your sister are going over to Aunt Hope's house tonight. You can see your new cousin, Surprise. Won't that be fun?

Hera: New baby! 

Hope didn't want to come to dinner?

Athena: She volunteered. I guess she and Erica Flenderson are going to have a girl's night in with Dasani. You know, movies, nail polish, the whole thing.

With 4 toddlers and an infant? 


Wow, it looks like it's going to be a long day for Hope.


Cyprus: Thank you so much for watching them tonight, Erica

Erica: Oh, it's no problem. We'll probably just watch a movie, eat some popcorn...Dasani's super excited. Just don't be surprised if they come home with some new hairstyles. She's kind of going through a stylist phase...

Somehow I feel like this is going to be more interesting than the birthday dinner.


Crocus: What did your Mommy give you?

Mandolin: I think it's milk...

Lilac: I don't like milk...I got grown-up food...


Athena: It's so quiet...

Cyprus: I know! I'm almost afraid to mention it...


Athena: So, how's the baby? 

Hermes: Oh, she's doing great. Panic is such a good big brother; he's always trying to help Hope out.

Cyprus: Yeah, that's not really such a thing with us. I don't think we'll be getting much help from our two until they're a little bit older. 

Nemo: Speaking of getting older...let's bring out that cake, shall we?


Every. Single. Time...


And here come the elder back problems...


Hermes: Happy birthday, Mom...

Adrianna: Thank you, dear...


Oh, great...that's just what these two need. Sugar.


Hestia: Rawr! 


Nemo: Oh, no...there's a monster in my room!

Hestia: No, Grandpa! It's me!

Nemo: Huh...well, you're a very convincing little monster, aren't you?

I'd hope so. It's the only costume option the toddlers have outside of a Christmas elf.


Cyprus: Here you go...um...sport!

"Sport"?

Cyprus: I haven't been able to recognize one kid tonight. I'm running out of nicknames.


Athena: What happened to your monster outfit?

Hestia: Too hot!

Cyprus: But you only had it on for two hours.

Hey, that's a pretty good run for a toddler in a costume...


Cyprus: Ok, who's ready for some birthday cake?

It's their birthday? I didn't get the notification...


Cyprus: I don't care what you did or didn't get. It's on the calendar. It's their birthday.

Ok, then...


No sense of urgency here, I see. Happy birthday, dear Hestia...


Somehow I think we'll be waiting a bit for the dog...


Whoa...ok, not sure where the blue hair came from...


Let's see if there are any surprises with the other one. Happy birthday, dear Hera...


Yes! A neat kid!


And I guess the blue hair was 


There we go, much better. And now, I think it's time for me to be on my way. See you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yes, I know. It's been forever. Adjusting to living during a pandemic has been...interesting, to say the least. I hope everyone out there is staying home (if you can) and staying safe. (It's kind of ironic that I played this lot so long ago but it ended up being about the challenges of working from home.) I've got a lot of posts to get through to catch up to where I am in my actual game, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment