Sunday, September 5, 2021

Doe 1: Round 21

 


Last round, the Doe family had just finished investing some of their lottery winnings by improving their house. Liam and Amethyst got comfortable in their new surroundings, and soon enough Amethyst was pregnant with her second child. A few days later, she gave birth to a son, Topaz. Meanwhile, Liam continued to work as a freelance programmer while dodging "business opportunity" emails from Amethyst's brother, Garnet.


Hi, Christin!

Christin: Oh, hi Mysterious Voice.

How's it going?

Christin: Ok, I guess. Just grilling up some dinner...

In the middle of the night?

Christin: Yeah, why not?

(Sigh) I guess I'll go check on everybody else...


Hey, guys...oh, sorry. I'll just wait in the hall...


Uh-uh...no surprises here.



Let's hope we can squeeze a birth in there somewhere...


Sapphire: Mom, is Grandma OK?

Amethyst: Of course, honey...why wouldn't she be?

Sapphire: Well, I just saw her coming up the stairs and she looked really tired...

Well, I mean she was grilling at midnight last night...


Uh-oh...maybe she's not just tired...











Goodbye, Christin...


Sapphire: I'm sorry, Mommy...I should have told you faster.

Amethyst: Honey, it's not your fault...Grandma was just very old.


Oh, good. Look who's here...

Garnet: Well, of course! I mean, my mom...I mean, our mom just died...

Amethyst: Actually, I'm kind of with her on this one...Garnet, this just isn't the right time...



Speaking of not the right time...look, Marvin, this is not a good night for this.


You sure you're feeling up to running play group?

Amethyst: Well, I'm sure not up to chasing after Topaz at home...





Looks like we have to cut play group short today. It's baby time!


And I see we made a leap of faith with the bassinet....let's hope it pays off.


And...it did not! It's a boy! Welcome, Jasper...


Luckily he doesn't seem to mind the decor...


Amethyst: Ok, I guess...a little tired.

Liam: Tired, huh? Maybe we should go upstairs and...relax...


Ok, I see where this is going...



And right on cue.


Liam: Wait...you're pregnant again?

Amethyst: Uh-huh...

You seem surprised, Liam...

Liam: Well, I mean, it's great, of course! It's just...so soon...

From what I remember you're the one who suggested "relaxing"...


Topaz: Sapphy, the baby's crying again...

Sapphire: Don't worry. I'll get him to stop. I'm an expert on babies.



Well? What should we do, Miss Expert?

Sapphire: Um....I think I should go get Mom...



Wait...what?

Amethyst: Yeah, I know. They sent around some letter saying that something's wrong with the sinks?

Oh...so, I guess we're staying home today.


I'm surprised to see you're still willing to play with a dollhouse after...you know...

Sapphire: Huh? Why wouldn't you want to play with a dollhouse, Mom?

Amethyst: (sigh) I'll explain it when you're older...


And speaking of being older...


Happy birthday, dear Jasper...


Angelic...well, Amethyst sure lucked out with that one...



And it looks like he got his dad's brown hair!


Ok, he's really cute.


Ok, Splash Fest! Let's fire up the grill, and...


Oh...well, then...


Well, I guess a kiddie pool in the entry way will have to do.


Good to see Sapphire's getting a turn too...


Looks like the boys are becoming good friends...


Let's hope it stays that way once Topaz grows up.



And it looks like we'll have an extra guest at the party...


And I see we're splitting the difference on the decor this time.


It's a girl! Welcome, Ruby!


Oh...and it's another boy. Welcome, Onyx...


And it looks like one's finally taken after Liam!


Wait...I didn't get a picture of Onyx...

Amethyst: That's ok, there'll be plenty of time for that later. Right now, we've got to get to the park...

Topaz: Mama? Is it still my birthday too?

Amethyst: It sure is, buddy!


You know, if I didn't know better I'd say you were anxious to have one less toddler...


Guam: Ugh...how long is this stupid baby party going to take, anyway? 

Sapphire: I don't think we'll be here very long. See that cloud? It's probably going to rain any second now...

Oh, I'm sure the weather will...



Man, you guys cannot luck out with the weather this week, can you?


Ok, let's do this before you guys get struck by lightning...Happy birthday dear Topaz...


Independent to Self Assured...that actually makes sense.


Ok, let's get you to a mirror...preferably one inside...



There we go. Much better. Now, I think it's time for me to be on my way. I'll see all of you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yes, I know. It's been awhile. So long in fact that we had another whole pack launch since I updated last. (And just so you know, it's going to be a bit before we see any Cottage Living because-once again-I managed to get myself way farther along in game. Anyway, as far as this house goes, obviously I was hoping for them to have one more girl-hence Jasper's nursery. And I'm sorry that I missed getting a picture of Onyx-the twins were literally born about 5 minutes before Topaz's birthday party started. 























No comments:

Post a Comment