Saturday, January 22, 2022

Lytle 3: Round 21


Last round, the Lytle family was still struggling to control their dog, Snowcone. While their daughter Unicorn was able to make some progress with training, Snowcone still managed to attack pretty much every visitor who arrived at the house. Meanwhile, Dragon submitted his college applications, and by the end of the week had decided to attend Foxbury Institute.


Morning, Forest!

Forest: (yawn) Oh, hi mysterious voice.

What are you doing up this early?

Forest: Life of a doctor, you know. I've got an early shift today.


Hey, Unicorn...uh-oh...are those puddles what I think they are?

Unicorn: Yes...

I didn't realize Snowcone had that issue too...


Anna: Thanks for cleaning the rug...

Unicorn: No problem.

Anna: So, I had an idea...since your dad's going to be at the hospital for most of the day, why don't you and I go check out the new spa downtown? You know, have a girls' day out?

Unicorn: Huh...that could be fun I guess...


Wow, this place is nice...

Nikolas: Welcome, ladies...what can we do for you today?

Anna: Well, I'd like to try out one of those facials...and I think my daughter would like a manicure.

Nikolas: Of course. Right this way...


How's the facial mask feel, Anna? 

Anna: Well, it's definitely doing something...it looks ridiculous, though.

Actually, just a shade or two darker and it would probably be a perfect match.


Unicorn: Wow...this is really relaxing. 

Manicurist: So, are we getting ready for anything special?

Unicorn: Not really...just New Year's, I guess.


Huh...I was here for New Years last round too.


Unicorn: Dad...um...would it be ok if I...invited someone over for New Years?

Forest: Sure, honey...want to invite a few friends?

Unicorn: Sort of...there's this guy in my math class...

Forest: Oh...um...sure. Yeah. That's fine...

Unicorn: And you promise you and Mom will be...normal?

Somehow I don't think it's your mom you need to worry about.


Forest: So...we've got a few hours until the big countdown. What do you kids want to do?

Unicorn: Um, Dad? Don't you want to go catch up with Dragon and Tempera...you know, in the kitchen?


Forest: So that Mason...he seems like....I mean...

Dragon: Dad, relax. She was going to get a boyfriend eventually, you know.

Forest: I know, it's just...

Anna: Come on, guys! The countdown's about to start!


Everyone: 3...2...1...Happy New Year!


Unicorn: Thanks for coming last night. Sorry that my dad was so...you know.

Mason: Hey, that's ok. I had a good time. That dog of yours is something else...

Unicorn: Yeah, sorry about the bite...I'm sure she'll warm up to you eventually...


And speaking of warming up...I'd say these two are officially an item.


Um...ok. Good to see the Lytle brothers are still as close as ever.


Even as they approach old age.


Yeah, let's spend a day at work with Forest.


So no emergencies today?

Forest: No, pretty average day. Which is good, because that means I won't be too worn out to celebrate...


Oops...


Sorry, Forest...


Forest: Eh, that's ok...whoo...Snowcone, what were you rolling in?


Forest: Unicorn, the dog is...Unicorn? What are you doing?

Unicorn: Working on why college application. I have to make sure it's perfect before I submit it.

Forest: Maybe taking a break would help? I think Snowcone needs a bath.

Lights might also help...wait, let me guess...power conservation day?

Unicorn: Yup...why do people keep voting for this?


Unicorn: Ok, girl...shake! Good girl!

Good to see you haven't lost your touch.

Unicorn: Thanks.

So...you ready to head inside and give the application another shot?

Unicorn: (sigh) Ok...


Unicorn: (sigh) Ok...here goes nothing...


Hey! Nice job!


And just in time, too.


And it looks like Mason is joining us for dinner...hey, wait, where's Anna?

Forest: Oh, well, you know...Friday's a busy night at her restaurant...


Wait...Anna couldn't come out to dinner on her own birthday?

Forest: It's alright. We'll celebrate her's at home later.



Ok, then. Happy birthday, dear Unicorn...


Ok, not a bad selection of traits.


Oh, I guess we're doing Mason too. Happy birthday, dear Mason...I guess we'll have to wait to see what your traits are.


Ok, and now we've just got one more birthday before I head on my way. Happy birthday, dear Anna...




Alright, well, with all of the birthdays out of the way, it's time for me to be moving on. I'll catch up with Unicorn at graduation; everybody else, I'll see you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yes, I know. It's been way too long. How long? Well...try since the Spa Day refresh long, because that's why I actually played this lot. (I was grateful that it came when it did because it gave Unicorn and Anna something to do.) Poor Forest also seems to be at a roadblock in the doctor career; he needs to deliver a baby to progress, but because I make a point not to leave any Sim pregnant when I leave the lot, there are no inactive pregnant Sims to show up. (Ironically, he has delivered pretty much every hospital birth for the past 3 rounds, but since he was inactive at that time it didn't count.) I'm not sure how to get around this, but I've got to figure it out soon because with Forest becoming an elder I'm kind of running out of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment