Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Bernard 6: Round 20



Last round, both Madrid and Paris celebrated birthdays, with Madrid growing into a teenager at the beach and Paris growing into a child with the entire Bernard clan over at the house. Meanwhile, Toronto joined scouts and Han returned to painting as his main source of income.


Um...Lori? Is there a reason you're cleaning the chair?

Lori: Just getting ready for Campfire Night!


Yes, because of course the holiday about hanging out in the yard requires a thorough housecleaning.

Lori: Hey, it never hurts...I just have to catch up on laundry, then I'm all done.

Just remember to empty the lint...


Too late...


Madrid: Hold on, Mom...I've got this.

Thanks, Madrid...


Hey, it looks like Madrid might get some help...look who's back!






Yeah, about that...


Han: Ok, guys! Fire's ready!


Ok, so, since all of you are in one place, I have something I need to talk to you about.

Lori: Oh, no...what now?

No, no, this isn't a bad thing. I promise...How would you guys like to make a movie?

Paris: A movie? Really? Can I be in it?

Lori: Hold on, Paris...what are you talking about? None of us are actors.

I know that, but see...there's this contest and...

Toronto: With who? The other mysterious voices?

Kind of...yeah...

Madrid: Wait, there are other mysterious voices?

...Do you want to be in the movie or not?

Han: I guess it could be fun. What's the movie about?

The theme is "Destination Weddings".

Han: But...we're already married.

I know, but I have an idea. Just follow me on this...


Paris: How come Mom and Dad get to do their part in the movie first?

Toronto: Because it's about them being married...

Paris: But when's it going to be my turn?

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find something to keep you busy.


There we go, see? That should keep you occupied until it's your turn.


Lori: So, you want us to pretend to get married...again.

Yup...but, try to pretend it's the first time.

Lori: Well, at least this time we're not splitting it with your brother and sister...


Ok, good, now...just look like you love each other.

Han:  But...we do love each other.

...Which is why I picked you guys for this...


Sorry, Marvin...I don't think we have a part for you.


Oh, great. Another one of these guys.

Han: Hey there...can I help you?


Han: Wait...what does upcycling mean?

How should I know? You guys voted for it!


Nice job, Lori...


Drum: Wanna play video games?

Actually, can you guys play outside for a bit?

Toronto: Why?

I have to film your sister...

Drum: Why is the mysterious voice filming you guys?

Toronto: She's making a movie. Come on, let's go play on the swings.



Thanks for understanding, guys.


I guess we can take a production break for a birthday.


...And we're sitting in the dark again.



Looks like we're going out.


Han: You know, making a movie was kind of fun...we should do that more often.

Um...you're not quite done yet. We've still got the ending to do back at home.

Paris: That's where I get to dress up, right?

Yup. 


But first...Happy birthday, dear Lori...





Toronto: Want to come swimming?

Paris: No! I don't want to get my hair all wet! It'll look bad in the movie!

Toronto: But we don't even have to do that until it gets dark!


Wait, another cake? I thought we just did your birthday.

Lori: It's not for me, it's for Toronto.

Oh, I must have missed the message...

Lori: Don't worry, we'll wait until you're done with the movie stuff.

Oh, good. That would have been hard to explain...


Lori: Come on, honey. It's time to start setting up.

Paris: Mom, can I be in more movies after this?

Looks like we may have another little actress on our hands.


Ok, and I think that's a wrap!

Lori: ...What?

It means we're done with the movie.

Lori: Oh, good. Great job, buddy.

Now, we can move on to the main event of the night...


Happy Birthday, dear Toronto...


Ok, that's not bad. 


And his outfit isn't awful! Ok, and with that I think it's about time for me to be moving on...

Toronto: Wait! Don't we get to see the movie?

Oh, right...well, I don't know if this will work, but...


Here you go! Ok, now I really have to be going. Thanks for your help, guys! I'll see you next round!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Yup, I entered the Sims Spark'd challenge. I was iffy about it at first (I'm not used to doing much with video) but I think it came out pretty well. It did eat into my time playing this lot, though; I had to keep alternating between filming and playing normally. The Bernard family were pretty cooperative actors, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment