Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Lytle 4: Round 20



Last round, the Lytle family finally left the toddler years behind them as Claritin and Allegra grew to children. Claritin joined her brother Zyrtec in drama club, while Allegra joined Tylenol in Scouts-which led to a bit of sibling rivalry. By the end of the week, Zyrtec had grown to a teenager.


Hey, Zyrtec...

Zyrtec: Hi Mysterious Voice...

What's up with Milkshake's mouth?

Zyrtec: I don't know...must have eaten something bad. Guess we've got to find time for a vet visit...



I don't think that will be a problem. Kind of a low-key week around here.



Tylenol: Dad! Dad! Look at my new scout badge!

Allegra: You have to see the new trick I can do in the pool!

Claritin: Daddy, I did a drawing for you today! Look!

Hunter: Guys...it's almost 2AM...why aren't you all in bed?


Hunter: So, you know all of them got up in the middle of the night when I got home, right?

Leigh: Oh, is that what all that noise was? I thought I dreamed that.


Um...are you vacuuming the garden?

Leigh: I'm weeding...this gizmo makes it much easier. It's not exactly in line with the whole "back to the old days" thing, but...

The...what? Is this another one of those action plan things?


Thankfully it looks like Sharing is Caring didn't win here.


Tylenol: This stinks! I can't watch TV, I can't play video games, I can't do anything fun!

Zyrtec: It's not that bad...Fern's going to drop by later. I'm sure you guys will find something to do



Looks like Emerald didn't get the "no technology" memo...

Emerald: Oh, I'm sure cameras don't count...



Oh, look. Tina's back...

Tina: Hi! I just came to invite you to the grand opening of the new community Maker space.

Wait...I thought you lived by the quarry. Why are you inviting people to a Maker space here?

Tina: Um...well...I'm kind of the ambassador for all of them, I guess.

Leigh: Well, I guess it does sound interesting. And it's not like I have anything else going on while the kids are at school...


Let's hope one of them learned how to get dye out of clothes.



Leigh: Tylenol, I thought we talked about this. No TV this week...

Tylenol: Please, Mom? Just one episode?

Leigh: No, we don't want to get in trouble with the neighbors. Besides, I have something else planned for this afternoon.


Family portrait time?

Leigh: Yeah, when I  saw Emerald taking those pictures of Fern the other day I realized we haven't gotten a picture of all of them together in a while.

Claritin: Mom, I'm hot...

Allegra: How much longer do we have to stand here?

I think there might be a reason for that, Leigh...


Ok...does anyone know who this guy is?


Yeah, nothing good ever comes from a mysterious guy in sunglasses scanning your house.



???: Hello, there ma'am. I just wanted to inform you that your household has failed to meet the requirements for one of our neighborhood action plans...

Leigh: Is this about the TV thing? Look, I talked to my son...

???: No, ma'am. Our community voted to enact an upcycling initiative, and best as I can tell your household has not participated.

Leigh: Um...yeah, we'll get right on that...(whispers) What's upcycling?

I'm not sure, but just say you'll do it so this guy will go away.



Zyrtec: What are you doing, squirt?

Claritin: Drawing a monster...wanna see?

Zyrtec: Looks nice...



Really, nice, apparently...good job, Claritin.



Why are you guys eating breakfast in the dark? Wait, let me guess...


(sigh) Well, at least you guys can still shower....


What are you doing?

Leigh: I'm making candles. I was thinking about learning anyway.

Well, that's one way to deal with the power shutoff.


Motive trials? What are...

Zyrtec: Yes! I'm so there...

Wait, Zyrtec, are you sure...

Zyrtec: Are you kidding? I've totally got this!

And...he's gone. Let's just hope he comes home.


You're making candles too?

Allegra: Yeah, Mom said it's the only way I'm going to be able to see my homework.



Well, it seems to be working. And luckily it matches your room.



Oh, good. You're back. I was worried there for a minute.

Zyrtec: Yeah, remind me to never accept any more invitations from Finn...

I take it the Motive Trials weren't as fun as they sounded?

Zyrtec: In a word...no.


At least you made it home for Splash Fest...


Tylenol: I'm gonna splash you!

Allegra: Not if I get you first!



Allegra: Mom...look what I can do!

Leigh: Careful, honey. I'd like all of you to still be alive at dinner.


I'm kind of surprised that you guys kept Splash Fest so low-key. Most people throw a big party...


Leigh: Oh, no. We are...

Oh, who's birthday is it?


I see...one more teenager joins the bunch.


Emerald: Hey, what are you doing in here? Why aren't you outside with everyone?

Claritin: I don't think Zyrtec likes me anymore...he's been ignoring me all day.

Emerald: Oh, I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes big brothers are like that. Trust me, I would know.

Yeah, plus he just survived whatever the Motive Trials are...he might not be in the best of spirits.


Well, that's one way to recover...



Padme: Smile, everyone!

What is it with this family and cameras?

Snapple: Padme, I'm still eating here...

Jade: Why don't you go take a picture of Tylenol? It's his birthday...



Speaking of...Happy birthday, dear Tylenol...


Ok, well, that aspiration should come in handy. And we've got another dog lover...



Who grew up with cat ears. Ironic. 



There,  much better.


Wait, you're in charge of the fireworks? Are you sure you're up to that?

Zyrtec: Yeah, sure. I got this.

Where have I heard that before?


















(sigh) I tried to warn him.


Ok, I should probably get out of here before Zyrtec tries anything else. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Another lot, another random NAP. My rotation schedule doesn't really allow for the repeal process and the voting process, so most of the NAPs we see are going to be random. The power/water shutoff days are annoying, but at least these guys got to keep all their counters. I'm also still getting used to all these new phone call options-I actually had to bring Zyrtec home early from the "Motive Trials". I'm pretty sure he would have been there for a week if I'd left it alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment