Sunday, May 5, 2019

Palmer 3: Round 19


Last round, Candy and Riley realized that their younger daughter, Starburst, didn't exactly outgrow her eccentricities once she started school. This became a source of embarrassment for her older sister Nestle, and came to a head as the family prepared to celebrate Winterfest.


Nestle: Is it time now?

Candy: Not yet...

Time for what?


Nestle: My birthday party! 

Oh, I see...


Starburst, it's summer. Aren't you hot in that?

Starburst: No...Mama turned the air conditioning up so I wouldn't get hot.


Well, there's no air conditioning at the park so I suggest you change...


Nestle: Aunt Yuki! You came!

Yuki: Of course! I'm not going to pass up a change to see my favorite nieces...

Starburst: We're your only nieces...I think.

As far as I know, you are...


Sprite: So what are you most excited about for high school?

Nestle: Not being in school with my sister anymore!


Ok, let's get this going. Happy birthday, dear Nestle...


Ok, note to self...move Nestle onto a big lot...



And I think a trip to the mirror is in order.


Much better...


Nestle: Don't you have a friend coming over today to do a project?

Starburst: Yeah, Zyrtec's coming over and we're going to work on our bridge.

Nestle: How are you going to build a bridge in that thing?

Starburst: I don't know...but I am.


Starburst: Uh-oh...

Zyrtec: What?

Starburst: I think I glued my paws together...

Zyrtec: Um...maybe I should do the glue?

Good instinct, Zyrtec.


Taking up fitness?

Nestle: Well I have to keep warm somehow...since little miss Neon Bear won't take off that stupid suit we have to keep our house super cold so she doesn't overheat. It's so annoying!


Hey, you redid your room!

Starburst: Yeah...do you like it?

It looks great...I just can't help feeling like I've seen this stuff somewhere before...


Pretty impressive considering she spent most of her childhood in a bear suit.


Nestle: You know that thing isn't going to fit you once you grow up, right?

Starburst: I'll just get a bigger one. They make bigger bear suits. I've seen them.

Nestle: Whatever. I'm going out for a walk...


Joshua: Hey, haven't seen you around before...you new?

Actually, I think you are the new one...

Joshua: Hey, cool...are you a ventriloquist or something? My friends and I are having a party tomorrow-you should totally come by and show that off.


Nestle: Sorry, I can't. My family has this whole thing planned for Splash Fest...

Joshua: Oh, that's too bad. Some other time, then...


Jessie: So what time should the kids and I come by?

Riley: Change of plans...they're calling for thunderstorms around here so we're doing it at the community pool down in the desert.

Jessie: You were able to rent out the pool at such short notice?

Riley: Well...not exactly. But it's a community pool...what are they going to do, kick us out?


Um...yes, let's submit...


Candy: Yuki! You made it!

Yuki: Well, I had to mooch off my sister's fame, didn't I? Congratulations!

Candy: Thanks...


Hermes: Do you think the city will mind that we've taken over this place?

I'm pretty sure the entire city is already here, Hermes...


Kiwi: Hey! You splashed me!

Moat: Duh! It's called "Splash Fest"...


Sadness: Swim, Mama! Swim!

Sadness: Why don't you go see if Aunt Riley wants to swim with you?


Man, that's a lot of blue...

Nemo: Let's hope none of us fall in...they'll never find us!


Riley: You having fun in the water?

Kumquat: Swim! Swim!


And now it's time for the grand finale...





Nice job with the fireworks, Candy.


And once again, we go from one party right to another...


The park again?

Riley: Nope...we're going back to the pool.


Finn: Do you guys just live here now?

Candy: Not exactly...

Could have fooled me...


Madrid: Hey, you're not a bear today!

Starburst: Mommy said it would be too hot.

Toronto: I don't think I've ever seen what your face looks like...


Happy birthday, dear Starburst...


Well, that one makes sense...


Although the sweater really, really does not...


Although she does seem to blend in with the other teenage girls. I guess heat exhaustion is the new fashion trend. I should probably get moving before anyone keels over. See you all in round 20!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Nothing too eventful here...although I am so glad that Starburst aged out of her "bear" phase. It's a cute idea, but after a few days it kind of gets old. And I'm really warming up to Yuki as well; it's rare that I have Sims marry in that have existing, unplayed families so I have to constantly remember to invite her to things. And Starburst's bedroom set is actually a TS2 conversion-I was so excited to find that Simsi45 on MTS2 has converted the Family Fun bedroom sets to TS4 here! That was my favorite set to use back in TS2 so I'm really happy to have it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment