Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Palmer 4: Round 19



Last round, the Palmers were settling in to their new penthouse. Their new home provided more privacy, and Buzz and Susana were able to throw a New Year's party for their family. Later, their son Houston grew from a child to a teenager.


Hi, Madison!

Madison: Hey, mysterious voice! Check it out! Dad put a jungle gym for me on the roof! It's like I'm actually flying a spaceship!

Cool...any idea where your brother is?


 Never mind, I think I have my answer..,


Wind: Sorry, I just need to check on Sandy for a moment...

Houston: You can check on your dog from your phone?

Wind: Of course. I set up a camera system so I can monitor what she's doing.

Houston: Wow...you sure love animals, huh?

Something tells me I know where this is going...


Madison: Mom's never gonna let you get a dog. 

Houston: You don't know that.

Madison: Where's it even gonna go to the bathroom? We don't have a real yard.

She has a point there, Houston. You're not exactly set up for a dog...



Come to think of it, you guys aren't really set up for campfires, either...



This should be interesting.

Buzz: Eh, we'll just set one up on the roof...

So, just to recap, so far we've put swings, monkey bars, a jungle gym, and a garden up there, and now you're going to have a campfire. At this point we may as well just plant some grass up there and call it a day.


So...are you planning to cook some fish over the campfire tonight because if so...

Houston: No, no...I just had an idea...you know how Wind loves animals?

Yes...

Houston: And you know how we can't have a dog because it can't go outside?

Yes...

Houston: Well, I figured...if we can't get a dog, why not a cat?

I see...any reason we're not using the adoption agency?

Houston: Um...well, don't you think Wind would be thrilled that I rescued one off the street?

Perhaps...and it also saves you the awkward step of asking your parents...couldn't have anything to do with that, now could it?



Houston: Ok, you two...time to make a good first impression...

So your parent's don't know you're bringing home two cats?

Houston: Well...not exactly...

This should be an interesting campfire...



Susana: I really wish you would have asked us first...I don't even know if we're allowed to have animals in this building.

Well, technically you guys own the penthouse, so...

Houston: See? The mysterious voice agrees with me...you'll see. It'll be fine...



Well, Peanut's making herself useful so far as a monster guard...


And Nougat's all over the food. Great...


Oh, good. A chance to get out of the...wait, why do I hear romantic music?


...Again?


I guess so.


And very, very soon by the looks of things.





Thankfully just one...let's go take a look at...



Oh, right...


Sorry, Susana. I guess we missed your birthday with all the new kitten excitement...

Susana: It's ok, I guess...wait, what?

You...didn't know Peanut was pregnant, did you?

Susana: So now we have 3 cats?



Yup...and two of them look to be identical. This should be fun...


So, has Wind seen the cats yet?

Houston: Not yet. I keep inviting her over but she never seems to be free. Something about "observational research." I guess she must be in some really advanced science classes at school.

What exactly is the plan when you move out? I can't see these cats and Sandy getting along that well.

Houston: Hey, you never know...


At least Nougat seems to be a good dad so far...


Even if he is a pretty poor dinner guest.


Buzz: Hey there, what are you...(sigh) you got into the trash again, didn't you?

So I see Caramel is settling in nicely.

Buzz: Yeah, if that's what you call it. You know, I was somewhat ok with the two that Houston brought home but I just don't know what to do with this one.

Well, Moss Lytle ended up passing his puppies off to his brothers, but...

Buzz: That's it! I can see if one of them...

Might I remind you that Eve and Merida already have a raccoon...

Buzz: Oh, right...well, there's always Nemo...


Adrianna: Hi, Buzz...nice of you to drop by, but..Nemo's at work.

Buzz: Oh, I know, I know. I just wanted to check in...see the girls....they're growing up fast, aren't they?

Cyprus: They sure are...

Buzz: You ever think it might be time to think about a pet?

Adrianna: Not really...

Cyprus: No. Maybe when they're a little older but not right now. Keeping up with two toddlers is hard enough.


Looks like that plan didn't quite work out.

Buzz: Hey, they won't be toddlers forever...


In the meantime maybe we can teach Nougat not to be afraid of the dishwasher... 


Oh, good....


I guess I should get Caramel and Peanut different collars or something, because it looks like Caramel's sticking around for awhile.


And speaking of growing up...


Park?

Houston: No, we're going to the arcade. It's still too cold out.


Mark: Hey, check out what I found. They're finally opening the bridge to the waterfront...

The bridge to the waterfront?

Mark: Yeah, you know...where all those islands are? 

There are islands?

Mark: Man, for an all-knowing narrator you sure don't know a whole lot about this place...



All right, well, before we all head to the beach let's get this show on the road. Happy birthday, dear Madison...


Oh...that's one we haven't seen yet...


And I see the arcade installed a mirror in the party room...very convenient. 


All right, well, as much as I would like to stick around for the feline antics, I think it's time for me to be on my way. Maybe it's time to check out that island Mark was talking about...I'll see you all next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And we made it! The last post before Island Living! These guys are still kind of an odd family. They're the only ones who live in San Myshuno, and living in a penthouse means that they don't really see a lot of what's going on outside. And with Houston and Madison both growing up...it was time for some furry chaos to liven things up a bit. I really don't add pets as often as I should-I forget how adorable TS4 animals are. Nougat won me over with the fear of the dishwasher-my real life cat does the same thing.Now, onto the beach!



No comments:

Post a Comment