Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Palmer 5: Round 19



Last round, the Palmer family were enjoying the early spring while getting ready for Love Day. Lucas rekindled his love of gardening, while Carrie realized that Gary the dog was an excellent monster repellent. Meanwhile, Daisy celebrated her birthday at a romantic Love Day dinner with Lucas, and the twins Mark and Harrison also grew from children to teens.


And once again I see we're starting off with a sick animal...

Daisy: Come on, buddy...let's get you to the vet.


Daisy: So your animal's changing colors too, huh?

Leia: ...No, he always looks like that.

Daisy: Oh...

Yeah, I think I'll go check in on the kids...


Mark: This is going to be so awesome!

Harrison: I know...I can't believe we talked the scout leader into it!

Talked the scout leader into what?

Mark: You know how we have to like, clean up and help people and stuff?

Yeah...

Harrison: Well, we told him that instead of going to our meeting today we'd go down and do that at the islands instead...and that Gemini and Libra would come too. We have to bring Carrie, but I'm sure she'll keep herself busy with the dog.

Mark: Come on, we don't want to be late picking up the girls.

Harrison: Yeah...Carrie! It's time to go!


Libra: Wow...get a load of this place!

Gemini: I know. It's like...summer...but it's not.

Harrison: I can't believe this place has been here our whole lives...

You and me both...and not to spoil the teenage fun but where is your sister?

Harrison: I think she's over near the water...


How's the water?

Carrie: It's so weird...I've never walked in water before!


Somehow this doesn't look like "cleaning up the island".

Harrison: I'm looking for trash in the ocean?


Well, at least one thing Harrison said was true...Carrie's keeping herself busy with the dog.


Carrie: Mom, the islands are so cool! 

Daisy: Are they? We'll have to go as a family one day.

Carrie: Yeah! There's sand everywhere and you can build castles and find shells...and get this, Mom. There's water you can just walk into. Like, real water. Not a pool! We have to go back.

Daisy: We will, I promise. But for now, I think you still have that project to finish for school...

Carrie: Oh, right...hey, I bet I can use the shell I found as one of the planets...


Looks like the project came out pretty well...


Well enough to complete an aspiration, in fact.


And just in time...


Daisy: Hey, Thistle...yeah, it's me. Listen, I just wanted to know it you'd be able to come to dinner tonight. Yeah, we're going out for Carrie's birthday...well, Lucas has a performance tonight that he can't get out of. We're going to the bistro...around 5? Great, see you then!


Carrie: Uncle Thistle!

Thistle: Hey there! Happy birthday, kiddo! Your Aunt Erica says "Happy Birthday" too-she had to stay home with Dasani.

Carrie: That's ok. I saw the last video you posted. She's so funny...


Thistle: So, you nervous about high school?

Carrie: Nah. If Harrison and Mark can do it I can do it, no problem...


Well then, let's get this show on the road. Happy Birthday, dear Carrie...


Again with the super parent...the randomizer must have just realized that one exists.


Wow, she grew into her features really well...


Harrison: Hey, so...just so you know, if you have any, like, problems at school tomorrow...you just come find me.

Carrie: Problems?

Harrison: Yeah, you know...like, if any of the guys try to give you a hard time...

Carrie: Um...thanks for the offer, but I think I can handle myself...


Daisy: Ugh...

Mark: What's wrong?

Daisy: I just got an e-mail from your Aunt Rose...she's got some big meeting to go to and she needs me to watch the twins.

Mark: Which twins? The toddlers or the babies?

Daisy: The toddlers. Lily's taking the babies...lucky her. What am I going to do with those two all day?

Mark: Why don't you take them to the islands?

Daisy: Mark, it's fall. It's cold enough to snow outside.

Mark: Not down there it isn't. I saw a ton of kids running around. Besides, it might be good to get them out of that house for a while.

Daisy: You do have a point...


Daisy: Hey, Ami...what are you doing out here already?

Amaryllis: Ready to go!

Daisy: I can see that...where's your sister?

Amaryllis: Aunt Lily...

Daisy: I meant your other sister...


Daisy: Ok, then...who's ready to go to the beach?

Iris: Me! Me!



Daisy: All right, we're here...now let's get in the water and...

Iris: No...I see-ed a fishy...water scary...

Daisy: (sigh) Of course...


Daisy: I guess we'll just play in the sand...


Well, for what it's worth they seem to be having a great time...


Oh, right...it's fall. With all this beach time I keep losing track of what season it is.


Lucas: All right! Time for a monster movie marathon!

Carrie: Dad? Aren't we getting a little old to be dressing up in these outfits?

Daisy: I know I am...

Lucas: Come on, it's tradition...

Daisy: Hey honey, how about we start a new tradition? I did promise Carrie a family trip to the beach...

Mark: Can I invite Gemini?

Daisy: I guess...


Gemini: Thanks for inviting me along...man, I can't get over how beautiful this waterfall is...


Aww, how romantic...


And I guess that sunbathing isn't as fun for a dog as swimming is...


Although Carrie did manage to avoid getting sunburned. 


Mark: Man, we should do this every Candy Fest...

Carrie: I know, right...but I guess it's almost time to go home. It's getting kind of chilly.

Harrison: Yeah, I guess we should pack up and...wait...where did Mom and Dad go?


You know, maybe you three should head on home...I'm sure they'll catch up with you later. And I will catch up with all of you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And Island Living arrives! Of course, for Tranquility Creek, it arrived at the onset of fall, so jumping back and forth between Sulani and the other worlds is going to be pretty jarring for the first couple of houses. Sulani is absolutely beautiful, though, and I love that any Sim in the save can visit even if they don't live there. Sending Daisy with her nieces ended up being a great way for her to get to know them. I did try to have Daisy take the twins into the water, but they wouldn't go as a group. (We'll have to wait for the Lytle house with Claritin and Allegra to see toddlers in the ocean.) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow great peeks at the Island! Looks like a lot of fun....haha at puppy swimming!

    ReplyDelete