Sunday, July 7, 2019

Lytle 3: Round 19


Last round, the Lytle family was busy preparing for Winterfest. Unicorn was eagerly anticipating Father Winter's visit, but it ended up being Anna who hit the jackpot of a gift with a new stove. Meanwhile, Dragon grew from a child to a teenager and Forest continued to advance in the medical field. 


Guys, I thought we discussed that whole pirate thing last time I was here...

Dragon: We did..

Forest: Come on! Everybody loves pirates!

Just please tell me you haven't gotten a pirate hat for the puppy...


And I see that Uncle Moss's gift is settling in...

Unicorn: Sort of. But I don't think she's very happy. She growls a lot.


Maybe she's just hot because you have a fireplace on in the middle of summer.


Or...





Dragon: Happy birthday, girl...OW! Hey, she bit me!

Yeah, I can't imagine why Moss wanted to pass her along...


Fern: Ow! Uncle Forest, that hurt!

Forest: Sorry, Fern. But that headache should be gone now. Say...you guys wouldn't happen to want another dog, would you?

Fern: Mommy said you were going to ask that, and she told me to say no. One dog's enough.

Forest: Well, it was worth a shot...

Fern: Huh?

Hey, Forest? Maybe you shouldn't use that expression in a hospital...


Unicorn: Ha! I win again!

Forest: What? Oh...you did...when did you get so smart?


Now, apparently...


Maybe now you'll have some time to teach Snowcone some new tricks...like not biting people.

Unicorn: She never bites me. I'm her best friend! She doesn't even growl at me anymore!


A Splash Fest miracle, I guess...


Anna: We are not bringing that dog with us...

Forest: Why not? Dogs love the water...

Anna: Yes...and this one also loves attacking people. I don't want to get thrown out of our own party!

Forest: I'm just worried what will happen if we leave her home alone...


Anna: Dragon? Can you come help me with the grill?

I think you're going to be on your own with that one, Anna...


And I guess Forest won the argument about Snowcone...


Unicorn: Ow!

Careful! Water can be harder than it looks...


Moat: Hey, no fair! Mom wouldn't let me bring Arctic...

That's because Arctic would be halfway to Windenburg by now.


...Is it really necessary to have sprinklers at a pool? 

Unicorn: Uh, yeah! It's Splash Fest...we have to have all the water stuff plus fireworks...


Oh, right...


Well, with that out of the way now we can...


Oh, I guess we're not done with the parties quite yet.


Tatooine: You didn't bring that dog with you this time, did you? Yesterday she growled at me...

Crayola: Yeah, and she almost bit my hand when I swam past her!

You know, it's usually considered bad manners to insult the birthday girl's pet...


Moss: So...how's Snowcone doing?

Unicorn: She's good. But I don't think anyone likes her but me.

That's because she doesn't like anyone but you. I guess that's what happens when you're half dingo...

Moss: What's a dingo?

You...didn't do a lot of research before you adopted those two dogs, did you, Moss?


Well, we'll have to get back to the kennel club discussion later. It's time to get this show on the road...Happy birthday, dear Unicorn...


And so far she's winning the trait lottery...


...but not the clothing one. Let's take a trip to the mirror...


Much better.


Dragon: Wanna go outside and hit the bubble blower?

Tempera: (Sigh) Yeah, I guess...

Well, as much as I'd like to stick around and watch this relationship get off the ground, I think it's time for me to be on my way. I'll see everyone next round...



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And the trek to get to Island Living continues. All the kids are growing up so fast! I'm very glad I had Forest take Snowcone and not Hunter; Snowcone's cute, but she has an aggressive trait so there's a lot of growling and biting. Luckily Unicorn will be taking over the house, because with how much she played with Snowcone as a kid she's the only person the dog actually seems to like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment