Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Hannon 1: Round 20



And at long last, we begin round 20 of Tranquility Creek! As always, we begin with the Hannons. Last round, Betta and Jimmy began their family with the addition of their first son, Pike. Keeping up with a toddler while running a bakery proved challenging, especially where potty training was concerned.


Hey, Betta!

Betta: Oh...hi...mysterious...voice...

Trying to work off all those baked goods?

Betta: You...could...say...that...


Jimmy: Well, I know another way we could burn off some calories...


Enough said...I'll just occupy myself elsewhere...


Although maybe everyone should occupy themselves elsewhere...


(sigh) I knew this was coming...


And the last of the original Hannon siblings leaves us...


Goodbye, Tetra...


...Why do I get the feeling he's hanging around for a reason?


At least we have some good news.


Mikel: (sigh) 

I'm sorry, Mikel...

Mikel: I guess I should get ready to go down to the bakery...


Mikel: I just don't think I can live without her...

Oh, Mikel, don't talk like that...you...


Uh-oh...


I guess he was right...


Guess it's a good thing Grimmy stuck around...goodbye, Mikel...


Jimmy: It's ok, buddy...


Betta: Ok, I think you can go now...


Jimmy: Maybe we should keep the bakery closed today...

Betta: No, it's what my dad would want...


Max: I heard about your parents...I'm so sorry....

Betta: Thank you...

Max: So...any thoughts about who's gonna make those blue cupcakes now?

Betta: Um...actually...wait, what was that?


Wait, what?


Right...this is the week where the townies age too. Ok, that's enough deaths, thank you very much...


...Seriously? There's a woman dying right in front of you. We're a little busy right now...


(Sigh) Maybe Jimmy was right...should we head to the hospital?

Betta: No...home is closer.

Um...if you say so...


Betta: I think this is it!


It's a boy! Welcome, Carp!


I apologize in advance for all the times I will mistype your name.


And he arrived just in time for Winterfest!


Jimmy: Well, you seem to be feeling better.

Betta: Maybe it's the baby hormones or something...


Or the fact that Father Winter's on his way...hey, I think everyone's outside.


Um, guys? You know you have a fireplace, right? You don't have to meet him on the front porch...


I'm not sure why that had to go in the household inventory, but I guess that will come in handy with two growing kids.


Pike: Can I have all my presents now?

Father Winter: (laughs) No, no...just one tonight...

Pike: Why?


Well, we have to save something for Winterfest itself, now don't we?


Pike: Mama? Can we open them now?

Betta: Not yet, honey...we need to wait for Daddy...


Just remember to save one for Carp...


And just in time-the cousins have arrived!


Happy birthday, dear Carp...


And I see we're starting Round 20 off right with the toddler traits...


At least he's cute...


Pike: Mama? Come play outside!

Betta: Not now, honey...Mama's got to finish cooking dinner for a lot of people...


Man, you weren't kidding-there's so many people that I accidentally labled Lily as Sadness...


And it looks like we get to wrap up with one more birthday...


But I guess we're sneaking in one last play group?


Betta: Well, we have to go today. It's picture day!

Putting that camera to some use? You know, usually people will hire a photographer for stuff like this.

Betta: We're kind of on a time crunch here...


Oh, I see...no big party?

Betta: No time...besides, I think Winterfest kind of tired everyone out.

Well, in that case...Happy Birthday, dear Pike...


Huh...Charmer to Outgoing makes sense...


And he's still a very handsome young man. Well, it's just about time for me to be on my way...I'll see all of you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, Round 20 begins! I cannot belive we have gotten this far! And just a warning, round 20 is going to be one of those rounds...Grimmy's going to have his work cut out for him. (Although we shouldn't have any more spontanious townie deaths...the unplayed Sims only age during the first week of each round.) And yes, this was the introduction of the Moschino stuff pack. My feelings on the pack itself are complicated...I'm usually not a fan of the branded stuff packs, but the photography system did need an overhaul. So if this was the excuse to push it to the top of the list...well, I guess it's not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment