Monday, November 30, 2020

Howard 1: Round 21


Last round, Hope took up a new profession as she joined the fashion photographer career. Luckily, her family seemed to be very willing models. Meanwhile, Hermes decided to give video production a try and filmed himself doing...just about everything. Somehow, the couple also found time to add two more children-first another son named Panic, and then a baby girl named Surprise (who lived up to her name immediately by inheriting her father's alien skin.


Hi, guys!

Hope: Oh, hi, mysterious voice...ok, Anger, once you finish eating go get your stuff on and meet me in the basement, ok?

Another photo shoot?

Hope: Yeah, I guess that kids' formal wear company really liked the shots of Kiwi and Kumquat. Only this time, they want a kid and a toddler together.


Well, you're halfway there.

Anger: How's this, Mom?

Hope: Looks good, buddy. Now, where's your brother?


Hermes: Come on, bud...let's just get your nice clothes on...

Panic: No! 

Something tells me Panic is not as fond of photo shoots as his brother is.


Disgust: I don't think you're going to get those pictures done today.

Hope: Maybe I can change his clothes while he's taking his nap...sleeping toddlers are cute, right? Besides, the photos aren't due until the end of the week.

Speaking of...


Another week, another holiday with no yard space...


Isn't that thing distracting?

Hermes: Not really...

What are you making, anyway?

Hermes: A bathtub!

...Out of wood?

Hermes: Yeah!

Um...well, good luck with that, Hermes...


And I see Surprise is still wearing the onesie Kumquat made.

Hope: Isn't it cute? I can't believe he managed to make something like that at his age.


Hermes: Ok...now, what's this one?

Cortex: (Barks)

Hermes: Not you...Panic, what's this one?

Panic: Woof!

Maybe Cortex isn't the best vocabulary tutor...


Nice job, Disgust!

Disgust: Thanks...I'm going to whip up a special dinner to celebrate.


Just make sure to include some cat food...


And she seems to be taking to old age well...


Anger: Campfire night's going to be awesome! We're gonna tell ghost stories, and cook hot dogs, and roast marshmallows...

Panic: I wanna hot dog too!

Anger: You can't...you're still too little

Why not?


Anger: Because we're doing it on the roof!

The roof?


Well...that's one solution to not having yard space...although I do have some questions about what, exactly, that grass is growing in. And maybe a fence might be a good idea...


At least Panic will have some company inside...


Happy birthday, dear Surprise...


Another charmer...get ready for more play group hugs...


But I think a makeover is in order...


There we go...and I'm glad to see someone brought some dinner down for her.


Anger: Man, eating on the roof was so cool! I want to do that every night!

Disgust: Did you finish your homework yet?

Anger: Yeah...I mean, I did most of it...


Wait...you're taking the new job?

Hope: Yeah...I don't want to have to keep forcing people I know to pose for pictures just to make a living. 


Disgust: Congratulations, honey...

Hope: Thanks, Mom...I just hope that this is the right choice.

Disgust: I'm sure you'll do great. You've always been the most stylish out of all of us.


Surprise: Puppy! Ride!

I don't think that's a good idea, Surprise...Cortex isn't exactly a puppy anymore. She's getting pretty old...


Uh-oh...speaking of being old...


Well, we all knew this was coming...





Goodbye, Disgust...


You ok, Hope?

Hope: Not really...I never really thought this day would come. At least my new job lets me work at home if I want to. I don't know how I'd deal with going into an office.


Plus, now we've got two sad toddlers.


Hopefully playtime with Dad will help...


Hermes: How are the pancakes, buddy?

Panic: Ok...but can I eat them on the roof?

Hermes: (laughs) I promise, as soon as you're big enough to climb the ladder we'll have dinner on the roof again.


What's wrong, Anger?

Anger: (sigh)  I got my report card today...


Oh...well, you know, everybody starts at a C...

Anger: Yeah, but they don't stay there for this long...everybody's got a B or an A by now except me.

You've still got time, you know. You're not going to high school for a little while. Plus, you've had a lot of days off school. 


Hope: Goodnight, buddy...you have a big day tomorrow?

Really? Why?


Oh, I see...looks like we're not too far away from another rooftop dinner.


Panic: Hi Uncle Cyrus!

Cyrus: Hey...there's the birthday boy! Are you ready to be a big kid today?

Panic: Yeah! Then I can have dinner on the roof like Anger and Daddy did.

Cyrus: Dinner on the what?

Hope: It's a long story.


Tangerine: Sorry about your math test...hey, want me to help you? I got an A+!

Anger: I don't need your help! What, do you think I'm stupid or something?


Ok, I think we should get this show on the road before a fight breaks out. Happy birthday, dear Panic...


Huh...that's a new one. And an odd choice for a kid...


Panic: Hey, do you know if there's a recycling bin here?

Hestia: A...what?

Panic: Well, we shouldn't be just throwing all these plates away...

Well, as much as I'd like to stick around for Panic's introduction to recycling speech, I think I'd better be moving on to the next house. See you all in round 22!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, another sad one. I wasn't surprised that Disgust went this round (she was already living on borrowed time from her Active trait) but it was still hard to see her go. Luckily, her aspiration gave her the ability to cook food that never spoils, so her family will be enjoying her cooking for quite a while. Hope's job switch was actually kind of spur of the moment-I usually just decline those random offers, but given that all the Freelancer careers were bugged at the time I played this lot I decided that a change wouldn't be such a bad thing. As for the rooftop yard...this family's lot is very, very small-meaning that they really have almost no yard space. Outdoor holidays like Splash Fest and Campfire Night just don't work well on these lots. Plus, I wanted to add more green elements to the lot to influence the eco-footprint of the neighborhood. Of course, there are some drawbacks-namely that toddlers can't access it because they can't climb the ladder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment