Sunday, December 13, 2020

Flenderson 1: Round 21

 


Last round started off with quite a few celebrations for the Flendersons, as both Grandma Misty and baby Whitney celebrated birthdays. Misty took to elderhood surprisingly well, while Whitney set about sharing a hug with every other member of her play group-whether they wanted one or not. Sadly, it's wasn't an entirely happy week as the family dog, Arcanine, passed away during the family's Splash Day festivities.


Hi, Lucas!

Lucas: Oh, hey Mysterious Voice.

How's everything around here?


Lucas: Oh, you know. Typical crazy week.

Yeah, no kidding.


Blaine: And it doesn't even cost any money or anything. Can we go, Mom? Please, please, please?

Can we go where?

Blaine: Pike said that they're giving snowboarding lessons up in the mountains. 

Lorelei: (sigh) Maybe this weekend-after we get HarvestFest out of the way.  I've got way too much to do around here before then.


Like play group, for instance?

Lorelei: Oh, darn it. I forgot. Lucas, can you take Whitney?


Somehow I think Whitney is fine no matter who brings her.


And I see she's still working those Charmer hugs...huh, these two are kind of cute together. I'll have to remember that...


Chandrilla: Uh, you can't hug him!

Whitney: Yes I can 'cause he's my friend!

Chandrilla: Nuh-uh...


Chandrilla: Crocus is my boyfriend! And you can't play with him...

Somehow I don't think that's sitting well with Whitney...


Whitney: Mama? How do I make Crocus my boyfriend?

Lorelei: What? 

Whitney: 'Drilla said that I couldn't play with Crocus 'cause he was her boyfriend, but I want Crocus to be my boyfriend so I can play with him.

Lorelei: Um...

Didn't think you'd be having these conversations this soon, did you?


Whoa...where did this come from?

Blaine: Oh, um...that's just this guy I know from school. It's nothing, really...

Uh-huh...and why, then, is he saying that people don't like you?

Blaine: I don't know...


Let's just hope whatever it is you're not passing it on to your sister.


Misty: Come on, honey. Just a little bit more.

Whitney: Where's my cake?

Misty: Flash cards first, then cake.


Happy birthday, dear Whitney...


Ok...kind of an odd trait-aspiration match, but whatever.


I think a new outfit is in order, though.


There we go. Much better.


And just in time for HarvestFest.


Misty: So, remind me what we're watching again?

Lorelei: That guy there throws the ball...then that other guy catches it, and everybody else runs after him.

Misty: Eh, it still makes no sense to me. I'm gonna go start dinner.

Lorelei: Mom, it's 9:30 in the morning...


Actually, it's not a bad idea. Get ready everyone...the Flendersons are assembling.


Hey, Guitar...

Whitney: So, what do I need to know about school? Tell me everything!

Guitar: Well...we're having a fire drill on Monday...

Somehow I don't think that was the gossip she was asking for.


Misty: I can't believe how big Dasani and Aquafina got!

Erica: Mom, you saw them like, a week ago.

Misty: I know, I know...

Erica: But that reminds me...Mom, we've got to get a picture with all of us today. You, me and Lorelei, and the three girls.


Well, it's a nice picture regardless...


Now, let's all relax with some gnomes...


Blaine: I did it! I did it!

Good...at least we won't have to deal with any broken objects.


Uh-oh...





Well, I'm certainly glad they took that picture now.


And we're doing this right in the middle of the playroom...great.


I just realized I've never looked at what's on Grimmy's iPad before. Are...are those instructions on how not to create a zombie?


Goodbye, Misty...


Blaine: You're not dressed yet? Come on, we've got to go!

Whitney: Go where?

Blaine: To the mountains, dummy...

Whitney: You still want to go? But...Grandma just died.

Blaine: Yeah, I know, but...that doesn't mean we can't still go.


Viola: Hey, Lorelei...I heard about Aunt Misty. I'm so sorry...

Lorelei: Thanks, Viola...

Viola: If you want me to take the kids for the day...

Lorelei: (sigh) Thanks for the offer, but we're actually off to the mountains for the afternoon.

Viola: You're kidding.

Lorelei: No, I promised Blaine I'd take him and his friend to learn snowboarding.

Viola: Well...have fun, I guess.

Lorelei: Thanks...we'll try.


Whitney: Mommy, why did we have to come here? I'm still too sad about Grandma.

Lorelei: I know, honey. But maybe some sledding will help? Come on, I'll race you to the top of the hill.

Whitney: (sigh) Ok...


Well, she looks happier, anyway...maybe I should check on the boys. It looks like Lorelei's got this.


Blaine: Wasn't that awesome?

Pike: Yeah, that was so cool! Let's go again...

Blaine: I have an even better idea. Let's go up on the lift and try one of the grown-up slopes.

Pike: But...the instructor said to stay on the little slope.

Blaine: Aww, come on...that little thing? I could do that with my eyes closed now.


Blaine: See?

I mean, your eyes are still open...

Blaine: Well, you know what I mean. Now come on, let's hop on the lift before anyone sees!


Whitney: Mommy, I'm cold...can we go home?

Lorelei: I've got to find your brother first. The lessons were supposed to end by now. Where could he be?

I think I have an idea...



Blaine: This is awesome....


Famous last words. 

Blaine: Ow...

I don't want to say I told you so, but...


Lorelei: That was a very, very dangerous thing to do! You could have been really hurt. What were you thinking?

Blaine: I dunno. The little slope got boring...

Lorelei: Boring? Young man, you're about to learn what boring is! You are grounded...

You know, I think this is a good time for me to see myself out. Good luck, Blaine. I'll see all of you next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another elder gone. I knew Misty was most likely going to go this round, but it was still sad to watch. Blaine actually did better on the mountain than the pictures let on, but he did take quite a few falls when trying the tricks. (He also doesn't have a bad reputation, either, so I don't know where that phone call was from.) And yes, the Whitney/Chandrilla drama will be coming back once all three are kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment