Thursday, May 27, 2021

Bernard 2: Round 21

 


Last round, the Bernard triplets were excitedly preparing for college. Finn and Rey both were set on which  degree they would choose, but Padme wavered between a few options-which also meant she wavered between attending the University of Britechester with Finn or the Foxbury Institute with Rey. 


Hi, Rey...

Rey: It's about time you got here...you've got some explaining to do.

Um...ok...nice to see you too...


Rey: Look!

At...your bedroom wall?

Rey: No, they poster! That's the girl I met on vacation! The one with my name! And she's on my bed, too! What's going on? 

Oh yeah...that...I had a feeling that was going to come up. Tell you what. Go get your brother and your sister and meet me downstairs.

Rey: Ok, but you'd better have a good explanation for this.


Ok, everybody comfortable? 

Rey: Yes. Now

Alright, then. See, the place you three went on vacation...it's kind of a...well, it's...maybe it'll be easier if I just tell you the story. (deep breath)

Ok...a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...



Many Hours Later

...So anyway, Rey uses the Force to lift the rocks away from the cave and helps the Resistance get away.

Rey: Wait...so you're telling me that the girl I met is...a hero?

Pretty much, yeah. But actually, there's...

Rey: Wow! Now we have to go back! 

Padme: Can we go, Mom? Please?

Leia: I don't know...What about school?


Rey: We don't have school this week, remember? It's Summer Vacation!

Oh...well, that's convenient...


Leia: You really don't have to come, you know.

Pine: Are you kidding? I already missed it when you guys fought the giant plant. There's no way I'm missing this.


Ok, then. Off we go to Battu...


Nice look, guys...

Pine: You didn't mention there was a dress code.

Says the guy who's attended every party since his teens wearing floral pants...


Leia: This stuff is amazing! What's it called again?

Rey: I think it's called Tip Yip...tastes just like chicken to me.

Leia: Well, whatever it is, it's really good. Say, where'd your brother and sister get off to?


Looks like Padme's already picking up where she left off...


Finn: Hey! You! Let me see your ID!

As is Finn...I kind of forgot about the First Order thing.


And I see the missions aren't the only thing capturing the kids' interests this time around.


Rey B: Rey! Do you remember me?

Rey S: Of course...you're the recruit with my name. I was wondering when you'd return...

Rey B: I came back as soon as I could...it's just that I had school and then my mom...


Rey S: Slow down! It's good to see you back.

Rey B: Oh, and don't worry. The Mysterious Voice explained everything to me so I know exactly what's going on now.

Rey S: The...what?

Hi. Mysterious Voice here. Don't mind me...and actually, I didn't quite explain...

Rey B: Oh, and before I forget...I brought my mom with me this time. I hope that's ok.

Rey S: We're always happy for new recruits. Speaking of, we have a mission that would be perfect for you....


(sigh) Ok, I guess we can finish the story later...looks like Leia's getting acquainted with Vi.


Now, let's see this mission...looks like we've got to find an informant.


Rey: Hey! You! Um...the porg flies at midnight?


Well, that was lucky....


Rey: Ok, I've almost got it...

Be careful, Rey...remember, the more the Resistance likes you, the more the First Order doesn't...


With some exceptions of course...like your brother, who for some reason is still asking them for missions after I explained who they are.


(clears throat)

Finn: Do you mind? I'm trying to get details on a mission here.

I see that. I also see who you're getting the mission from.

Kylo Ren: 


Got your prototype?

Rey: Yup! Now to get back to the base...I just have to find Mom...


Found her...and I see she's met BB-3B.

Leia: This thing is so cute!

Didn't Rey bring it home after their last trip?

Leia: Well, yeah, but all it did there was play music. Here it's like...alive.

Well, almost. Now come on. We've got to head back to the Resistance base.


Resistance Soldier: Wow, this is exactly what we were looking for. Did you run into any trouble getting it?

Rey: No, I had a pretty good distraction...


LT. Agron: It appears that one of our prototypes has gone missing. I need you to track it down.

Finn: Where's Kylo? 

LT. Agron: He's dealing with a disturbance at the base entrance.

A disturbance, huh?


Man, Kylo just has bad luck with these BB units, doesn't he?


A defector, huh? That sounds familiar...


Rey B: Come on, Mom...we'd better get going.

Rey S: I just wanted to wish you luck on your mission...May the Force be with you, Rey.

Rey B: Thanks...oh, before I forget. This is my mom, Leia...

Rey S: Your mother's name...is Leia?

Rey B: Yeah...oh...that's the name of that general lady! Mom, you have the same name as the general! Say...where is she, anyway?

(sigh) Let's just go on the mission...


Rey: Hey, there. Um...the porg flies at midnight?

Rey, I don't think that's going to work a second...


Corra: Come on...let's talk outside.

I stand corrected.


Corra: It took me years to get up to courage to get away. But after FN-I mean, after Finn did what he did...

Rey: Wait...Finn, like, my brother Finn?

No. The one who broke away from the First Order...I told you about this...

Rey: Look, it was a lot of information, ok?


I guess I should check in on Padme...and we're still guy-watching at the bar. Great. Back to Finn and Rey...


Finn: There you are! Do you know how many troopers are out looking for you?

Corra: Wait...you're with the First Order?

Finn: Yeah...what about it?

Corra: Well, you don't exactly look the part.

Finn: Look, just...come with me and make this easy. Maybe they'll go easy on you if you don't put up a fight.

Corra:  Look...you seem like a nice kid. Take my advice and quit while you're ahead...

Finn: No...all my life I've just been the goofy brother. This is my chance to be taken seriously for once! I don't want to mess this up! Now come on. If I take you back they'll have to promote me!

Corra: No way! I am done with the First Order forever! And if you're smart, you will be too.


Vi: So you found the defector?

Rey: Yeah...that First Order is really bad news, huh?

Vi: The worst. And based on what you told me, we've got to move fast here...


Where are you going to get an officer's uniform?

Rey: I'm not sure...hey, I know! I'll ask Finn! I saw him talking to those guys! Maybe he can like, borrow one for me!



Rey: Finn! Hey, listen! Um...you were talking to those First Order guys last time, right?

Finn: Maybe...who wants to know?

Rey: Well, listen, do you think I could, like, borrow a uniform? And maybe an ID card? Just for a little bit?

Finn: Are you crazy? Kylo would kill me...

You know, ordinarily I'd say you're being dramatic but in this case...yeah, he probably would.

Rey: Ugh, fine! I'll find another way.


Whoa, whoa, whoa...not this way. Come on, let's head back to the bar.


Rey: (ugh) 

Padme: What's wrong?

Rey: (sigh) Can you keep a secret?

You two broke into a lab together, Rey. I think she can.

Rey: Oh, yeah. Right. Well, I have to get all this stuff so I can pass as one of those First Order people. And Finn wouldn't help...he's so weird when we come here.

Padme: Yeah, tell me about it. Hey, maybe Hondo can help.

Rey: Who's Hondo?

Padme: He's the guy I've been getting all my missions from...he's sitting at the bar over there.


Rey: Excuse me...are you Hondo?

Hondo: Well, that depends...wait...don't I know you?

Rey: Well, not exactly...you know my sister, Padme...

Hondo: Ah, yes....she didn't mention she had a sister.

Rey: Listen, I can't tell you why, but..I need to get a First Order uniform and an ID. Do you think you can help.

Hondo: Perhaps...if you prove yourself as adept at Sabbac as your sister is.


Rey: I win!

Hondo: Impossible! I...oh, um...well, yes. It appears you did...


Nice job...


Padme: Rey? Is that you?

Rey: Yeah! How do I look?

Um...not to split hairs here, but didn't the mission say you needed to look like an officer?

Rey: Isn't...that what this is?

No, not exactly...


Speaking of...

Leia: Finn! There you are! We've barely seen you since we got here. What have you been up to?

Finn: I don't know...space stuff.

Leia: You should come back with your sister and me to the woods. We met the nicest people, and...

Finn: You mean the Resistance? Mom, those people are trying to overthrow the government! Does that sound like nice people to you?

Leia: Didn't...they blow up the government first?

Well, I'm glad somebody was listening to me back at your house...


Rey: Hello, fellow officer...here is my officer ID to get into the...officer...office...

First Order Officer: Uh, sure...man, they're promoting everybody these days...

Very smooth, Rey...


Rey: Ha! I got it!

Great, now let's get out of here.


Vi: Thanks for getting those plans for us...hey, are you OK? You seem a little distracted.

Rey: Yeah, I'm ok. It's just...before we came back here I submitted my college applications, and I'm really nervous about how they're going to come back.

Argon: College? 

Rey: Yeah, it's like this...extra school thing...

Oh, wow. I thought we'd have to wait until we got home for this...nice job, Rey.


Rey B: Rey! I did it! I did it!

Rey S: You secured the plans from the First Order?

Rey B: Well, yeah...but I also got into college!

Rey S: Oh...I'm not quite sure what that means, but congratulations....


Nothing like a celebratory light saber practice...

Looks like Padme's letter somehow traveled across the galaxy too...


Padme: Check it out! All distinguished degrees!

I don't think the people here know what that means, Padme...


Finn: Cora, what are you doing? You know you're just going to be on the run for the rest of your life!

Cora: What am I doing? What are you doing? Finn, the First Order are not good people! You don't want to get in any deeper with them than you are, trust me! Just...lay low until your family leaves and then you can live a normal life back home.


...Which includes college. I'd take her advice, Finn...


Argon: Rey, wait...before you head out on your mission...this college thing...does that mean you'll be leaving again?

Rey: Well, yeah, I guess so...for awhile, at least. 

Argon: Oh...

Rey: But I can always call you, right?

I...don't think so. I don't think your cell phone plan includes intergalactic calling.

Rey: Oh...


Um...whatever you say, Chewie...


Rey B: Hey, Rey...do you think we could take a picture together? You know, for me to take with me to college?

Rey S: Oh...I suppose so.


And what better place for these guys to celebrate their birthdays then on Battu....



Leia: Hey, I think I'm going to turn in for the night...

Rey: Wait, Mom...I want to give you something. Here...


Leia: A colored rock and a metal stick?

(sigh) Put the rock in the stick and flick the switch up.


This is...oddly satisfying. I'm not going to lie...

Leia: Oh, wow....it's beautiful.

Rey: It's called a light saber. Mine's yellow...

Leia: Wait, you have one of these things? For how long?

Rey: Since our last trip...

Leia: Oh...well, just...don't turn it on in the house.


Finn: Hey, can I ask you something? I thought you broke that mask...

Kylo Ren: ...How did you know about that?

Finn: The mysterious voice told me. She said you smashed it in an elevator because some old wrinkly guy insulted it...isn't that right?

Um...hey, isn't it time for you to go out on patrol?



Of course the one time he pays attention...maybe I should check in on Padme again.



What are you up to?

Padme: Trying to intercept some package...I'm getting pretty good at bypassing these checkpoint things. I didn't even shock myself this time.

Well, that's good...I guess.


Padme: Wait, you took pictures? Let me see...

Rey: I don't think I should...the base is kind of a secret, and...

Padme: Who's this guy? He's kind of cute...

Rey: That's Argon...he's just a friend.

Padme: Uh-huh....sure. Oh, and is this the girl you told me about? The one from the story with your name?

Rey: Yeah.

Padme: That must have been confusing...what's her last name?

Rey: Huh...you know, I don't know. Mysterious Voice?

Uh...


(Phew. Saved by the age transition...)







Pine: We did it? We raised triplets?

Leia: We did it. They're all adults.

Well, technically they're all young adults...

Leia: Don't ruin the moment...


Well, this has been fun, but I think it's time we start saying our goodbyes..



Finn: Corra, listen...

Corra: I already told you. There's no way..

Finn: Good luck out there.

Corra: Oh...um, good luck to you too, I guess...


Rey: Argon! What are you doing here?

Argon: I heard your family was leaving today. I saw you take that image scan with Rey...the other Rey, I mean, and...um...

Rey: Do you want to take a picture too?

Argon: Yes...you'll come back after your education, right?

Rey: Of course! 


Pine: I have to admit, this was a pretty nice vacation.

Rey: Vacation? This was a vacation?

Yeah, most vacations don't involve an all-out civil war...


Ok, everyone. Time to head home.


Finn: I missed you guys so much...

Not to interrupt the reunion, but you guys actually have to get packed for college. And that means...it's time for our first University group of Round 21!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And we finally get back to Battu! I think limiting it to just this family was a smart idea-although, it might be a bit before we go back since, you know, the triplets have to start families of their own. Speaking of which, there is going to be a change in how we do University this round. Playing through 3 households of University is...a lot all at once. So, this round, I'm going to break it up. I'm still going to move any teen that ages up out into a University household, but I'm only going to play University in the fall, winter, and first week of spring. Then I'll come back, play a few more normal houses until I have a full university household again, and repeat. (It makes more sense than it sounds, I promise.) So, without further delay, it's time to grab your congratulations balloons and head on over to the graduation ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment