Thursday, April 11, 2019

Flenderson 1: Round 19



Last round, Misty had turned her full attention to her youngest daughter Lorelei. While Lorelei wasn't thrilled to be one of the few teenagers enrolled in the new scouting program, Misty was insistent that she reach the coveted (?) rank of Llamacorn Scout by graduation. Somehow, Lorelei managed to do it, but she then surprised everyone by announcing her engagement to Lucas soon after. Meanwhile, Aldo continued to develop a bond with Arcanine the dog.


Hey, guys...oh, sorry...I seem to be interrupting something...


Not wasting any time, are we?


Lorelei: Can you believe it? A baby...

Um, I hate to be the downer here but...weren't you two planning on having a wedding first?


Lorelei: Oh, it's only an extra day...

You think your mom's going to feel the same?

Lorelei: She will if I don't tell her until tomorrow...


Lucas: Now don't go spilling our secret, girl...

I wouldn't be worried about Arcanine spilling the beans...but I might worry about the stars and the slime around her head.


I guess we'll have to check up on the dog after the wedding, though...


Lorelei: Ugh...

Misty: Something wrong?

Lorelei: Just nerves, I guess...

Or your niece who desperately needs a diaper change right in front of you...


Much better...though I'm not sure I'm a fan of Brock's earrings...


Ok, let's get this show on the road here...


Well, at least Lucas will blend in with the other men in the family with his odd jewelry...








Glad to see you two didn't bring the drone along...

Thistle: Actually, we were going to, but...then Dasani started doing this really cute thing this morning and...you know, that thing only has so much battery life...

I see. Speaking of...has anyone seen Dasani?


Lorelei: There she is...hi, honey! Come on, let's go see Grandma... 


Dasani: I gotta million zillion views!

Misty: You did?

Erica: ((laughs) We let her "host" our last upload. So far it's our most watched video on the channel.

Misty: Wow...what did you talk about?

Dasani: My toys...

Erica: She reviewed her toy llama. I'm telling you, she's a natural...


Whoa...ok, it's vet time...and then it's maid time.


Can't bear to watch, Aldo?

Aldo: No, I've just never realized how much cool stuff there is over here...


I guess standing all day painting isn't so easy anymore...

Lorelei: You said it!


Lucas: Don't worry...it will be soon. I can feel it...


I'll have to remember to have Lucas "feel" me some lottery numbers...


It's baby time!


Lorelei: Hi, I'm...

Receptionist: Down the hall, to the left.

Lorelei: I didn't even tell you why I'm here.

Lorelei, this hospital only does one thing. I'm really surprised they still pay the receptionist.


Forest: Now, just relax...


It's a boy! Welcome, Blaine!


Well, the back of him is cute...


Aldo: I can't believe I'm a grandpa!

You were already a grandpa, Aldo.  Dasani, remember? 


Lorelei: There you go, baby...night night...Mommy's just going to go see Daddy for a minute...


...Really?

Lorelei: What?

I seem to remember someone desperately wanting the baby to be out of them...


Lucas: You're going to be a big brother! Isn't that exciting?

I think being an anything is still exciting to him...


Glad to see Arcanine's feeling better...

Aldo: Me, too. She had me worried there for a second.


Wait...already?

Lucas: Sure. I'm a bit older than Lorelei...

I did not know that...


Well, happy birthday dear Lucas...





So, did you two really not discuss birthdays before?

Lorelei: I don't see why it's such a big deal. I mean, Dad's older than Mom and they were fine.

That's true...maybe picking older guys is genetic.


Well, anyway, now onto Harvestfest...oh, no. This means Misty gets to plan another dinner party...


Lucas: Happy Harvestfest, little guy...you're going to be a smash hit at dinner...


That's assuming someone doesn't smash a plate into a wall...

Misty: Aldo, I told you to use the gold place settings! It's Harvest Fest, not Love Day!


Oh, yeah....this is going to be so much fun...


Huh...I guess having a toddler around mellows Misty out a bit. How long until Blaine ages up again?


Um, Thistle? You know there's an empty chair like...right there...


Thistle: See? We've been trending all week!

Aldo: Well, I don't know what trending means...but as long as it brings in a good living for you two...


Trumpet: He doesn't do much, does he?

Dasani: Nah...he just sleeps.

Maybe you two should let the baby sleep and head back downstairs...


Besides, Grandpa seems like a much more willing playmate...


Uh-oh...I see sparkles...


Our first elder pet...


Oh, I guess that's not the only birthday...


Happy birthday, dear Blaine...


Hey, anything other than fussy is a win in my book.


And he got his dad's red hair! With a very odd style for a boy, but still...


And now I think he's excited about being a big brother...


Oh, good. Time for housework and gnomes...


Yes, let's...


Erica: Oh my...you're so big!

Lorelei: I know! Can you believe it? It's any minute now, I just know it...

Seriously? You just saw her last night! Now, as charming as this reunion is, I really think we should be getting back to your house...

Lorelei: But I thought you wanted to avoid the gnomes...

Well, yes, but I was doing some calculations and...


Uh-oh...





And of course he goes down right next to Arcanine...


Goodbye, Aldo...


...Really? This is not a good time...


I guess we don't have much of a choice, though.


Lorelei: Hi...still down the hall and to the left?

No, I think the hospital went through a remodel in under a week...


Forest: Back so soon? You know, there's no customer loyalty program...

Very funny, Forest...


It's a girl! Welcome, Whitney!


Hey! We actually get to see her face this time!


And Blaine is such a proud big brother, he doesn't even mind the diaper smell...


Misty: Hey...you alright?

Lorelei: Mom...do you think....with Lucas being older than me and everything....I never thought it mattered but...

Misty: Are you worried about him going before you?

Lorelei: A bit...maybe...

Misty: Oh, honey, you shouldn't worry. Lucas isn't that much older than you. And besides...it's not like either one of you are going anywhere anytime soon.

Well, except for me...it's time for me to move onto the next house. I'll see you all next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another elder down...it's definitely going to be one of "those" rounds. I genuinely didn't realize that Lucas was so close to aging up when he and Lorelei got engaged. But hey, it did work for Misty and Aldo, so who knows. And Blaine is absolutely adorable! Hopefully Whitney is too when she ages up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment