Friday, April 12, 2019

Flenderson 2: Round 19



Last round, Wind Flenderson seemed to find her calling in life when she took her dog, Sandy, to the vet for the first time. While no one else in the family had much in the way of advice to give her in how to become a vet, they were relieved at the prospect of Wind being able to take Sandy to work as he seemed to show signs of separation anxiety when Wind was at school. By the end of the week, all 3 kids had become teenagers with the twins growing up at the Splash Fest celebration, complete with fireworks.


Seriously? Another sick pet?

Hugo: Sandy's sick? I thought he was just cold...

It's a good think Wind is the one trying to be a vet.


Hugo: So, do you just like, wash the blue off of him?

Vet: ...No...

Yeah, next time let's send Wind...


Sunshine: So, those are my top 10 Winterfest fashion tips! Remember to subscribe for more and I hope you all have the best Winterfest ever! 

Who are you talking to?

Sunshine: Ugh...do you mind? I'm trying to record here...

Oh...sorry. I guess you're giving this SimStation thing a try too?

Sunshine: Well, of course! I mean, it's such an easy way to get famous! Besides, have you seen how the people around here dress? I'm providing a public service...

Uh-huh...


Well, at least this hobby can be done indoors...


Although maybe this one shouldn't be...what are you doing, Wind?

Wind: Experimenting. Dad convinced the vet to give him some old equipment and stuff for me to practice on at home.

Ok...just don't set anything on fire, alright?

Wind: I can't. There's no heat source and all of the chemicals..

Ok, ok. I trust you.


...Really?

Lightning: What?

That popcorn has been in that popper since you were a child. It's outlived both of your parents. How is it not empty yet?


Sunshine: (gasp)

What?

Sunshine: My Winterfest Fashion video made the front page of SimStation! I got like, 500 new subscribers just this morning!

...There aren't 500 people in this town...

Sunshine: Well, duh! It's not just this town that watches SimStation....that's what makes it so awesome!


Oh, nice job, Hugo...so, I can assume that dinner tonight is...

Hugo: Popcorn!

...Of course...


Maybe the menu will be more varied at Thunder's house.


Balcony: Aunt Lightning!!

Lightning: How's my favorite niece?

Balcony: I'm your only niece!


Lightning: I heard your mom won karaoke night...tell her I said congratulations...

Chimney: Ok...wanna see my scout board? I almost have 6 badges!

Lightning: Wow...I'm not even sure your cousins have that many and they're older than you...

Speaking of...


Sunshine: So, then you just take some blush, and remember that you don't want to over-do it...actually, that reminds me of this story. This girl at my school...I'm not going to name names but I swear, she comes in with like, the entire makeup aisle splattered on her face and...

(clears throat)

Sunshine: Do you mind? I'm in the middle of something...


Just saying you may want to lay off the gossip if you want a gift from Father Winter.


Lightning: There. All set. Man, this is much harder than last time...

That's because last time the tree showed up fully decorated.


This time it's more of a DIY affair.


Snow: OW! Mom, one of these hooks just dug into my hand.

Hugo: Remind me again why this is supposed to be more fun than just getting a pre-decorated tree?


Because Father Winter likes it better that way, I guess...


Sunshine: Oh, I wonder what it is...

Snow: Probably a mirror...

Wind: (laughs)


Ok, well, now time for family presents...


You're opening in the kitchen?

Hugo: It's the only place we have room...


Did anyone happen to get a new sink?


Lightning: Of course not...I'll get the wrench, you entertain upstairs.


Hugo: Thunder...how's it going?

Thunder: Fine, I guess...how's work?

Hugo: Well, I decorated about 50 pies yesterday.

Did you bring any home?

Hugo: ...No...should I have?

No, no...I'm sure the 40 or so people you've invited will be fine with generations-old popcorn...

Thunder: Is that thing still full?


Oh, hey there Leanna...wait...how is Leanna related to you guys again?

Lightning: My grandmother was Leanna's husband's father's sister...

Oh...of course. How could I forget...


I guess when you think about it the Flenderson's really did spread around the town, even if their name didn't...


Tatooine: Look what I got!

Fern: Cool!


And I see the teens are getting along with their younger...let's say cousins...


Well, I think that went very well.

Lightning: Yes, but I hope we're not the hosts again next year. I'm done cleaning up all this mess...


Something tells me there's going to be many more messes to come...but for now, I've got to be on my way. I'll see all of you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Nothing too exciting on this lot. Most of what I have planned requires the twins to grow up first. I always forget how widespread the Flenderson DNA is until I go to throw a party. Both the Lytle and the Kauker families technically stem from this house. And yes, that is the same batch of popcorn that the family made back when Movie Hangout first came out. Not only does it never go bad, it also never seems to empty itself...I'm sure it's a glitch but it might come in handy if I ever have a family that's not as well off.

No comments:

Post a Comment