Thursday, June 13, 2019

Doe 1: Round 19



Last round, both Garnet and Amethyst Doe were preparing to graduate high school. Garnet couldn't wait to leave the nest, not surprising since his mother's discovery of his stealing habit hadn't exactly worked out well for him. Amethyst, meanwhile, brought home her first boyfriend, Liam. With both Garnet and Amethyst graduating so close together, both ended up having their weddings on the same day. The week ended with Garnet moving out into the Bernard house with Haiti, and Liam moving in after marrying Amethyst.


Hey, guys, sorry about the delay. Had a big of a mix-up with...whoa, ok! Guess nobody missed me around here...


Looks like I got here just in time.


Amethyst: Can you believe it? I'm having a baby!

Liam: I know! I never knew it would happen this fast!

...Really? You never knew? Do you talk to...any of your neighbors?


Looks like we'll have another family member by Winterfest...which reminds me...what are you two doing for jobs? Presents don't buy themselves, you know.


Liam: Well, I've always wanted to give programming a shot...but with the baby coming and all, I think I'm going to go the freelance route.

Freelance? You can do that?


Liam: Yeah. I can do projects from here, and that way I can help out with the baby.

Well, can't argue with that logic.


Oh you're going freelance too?

Amethyst: Yeah...I mean, it's not like I'm not going to have to take care of the baby too.


Amethyst: Besides, I think I can actually do better with this than with a normal art job.

That's probably true.


Um...shouldn't you be at an easel, then?

Amethyst: No, they gave me this big tablet thing...it's a little hard to get used to, but I have to admit it's much less messy.


Looks like the kids aren't the only ones having a good career week. Nice going, Christin...


Uh-oh...


Looks like one more of the Hannon siblings is leaving us...








Goodbye, Mackerel...


I guess today was more of a mixed bag for Christin, then...


Really? This is not the time...


Amethyst: I don't think the baby cares...


Yeah, I think you're right. Let's head to the hospital...


Forest: (sigh) What a beautiful winter night...

Um, Forest? Maybe admire the scenery after the baby's born?


Forest: Ok, Amethyst...just relax and it will be over in just a minute...


It's a girl! Welcome, Sapphire!


Aww...even with the awful hospital lighting she's cute.


Amethyst: Aww...come on, baby. Let's get you home. I'm sure your grandma will be so excited to see you...



And just in time for her birthday!


Wow, you seem very energetic for someone who just gave birth...hey, when did you guys get the tree?

Amethyst: I guess Mom must have put it up. We're not decorating it until tomorrow, but I guess putting it up early won't hurt.


Happy birthday, dear Christin...





You ok?

Christin: I think lugging that tree threw out my back!


Amethyst: Ok, Sapphire...Mommy's just got to go do a little work on her project...

How's the freelance thing working out?

Amethyst: Better for Liam than for me. I've barely tackled two assignments...he seems to be flying through his.


Liam: Hey, could you get off that thing for a second? I'm trying to finish this assignment and the noise is driving me nuts.

Amethyst: Why don't you take a break for awhile? You've been at that all day.

Liam: I can't take a break until I finish this app I'm making.

Isn't the point of freelance work that you can work whenever you want?


Besides, it's Winterfest Eve...let's get to decorating and baking, and...wait, why did I just hear a money chime?


Amethyst: I...I think I won the lottery!

What the...that can happen?

Amethyst: I guess so...

Well then...it looks like the luck is finally starting to change around here...


(sigh) Or maybe not. I think he was safer holed up in the office.


So, what are you guys going to do with your winnings?

 Amethyst: No big plans just yet. For now, we're just going to have a nice, normal Winterfest...


Very nice...just remember to turn the lights off once and awhile. One fire a week is enough.


Why am I not surprised Garnet would be the first one to call?

Christin: I know...I haven't talked to him since the wedding but once his sister wins the lottery, then he starts calling.

Well, it is Winterfest...I guess he'd be coming over anyway.


Garnet: But why not? You've got the money!

Amethyst: Garnet, for the last time, no! I'm not giving you money. Besides, it's not like you guys aren't doing well on your own. I've seen Haiti on TV more than I've seen her in person lately.


Maybe Garnet should try his luck with Father Winter instead...


Man, winning the lottery and Winterfest in one week...


With big gifts and everything! Man, these guys are having the best week ever.


You know, it's very sweet that Mackerel is helping care for his granddaughter from the beyond, but...what must this be like for Sapphire?


Yes, I think it's time to get her out of that bassinet. 


And just in time to open presents! Hope they picked up a few extra toys.


Happy birthday, dear Sapphire...


Another wild toddler...great.


And she looks just like her mom!



Um, guys? I'm glad you're keeping her warm and all, but if she has to wear gloves inside, it's too cold...


Hopefully she got a blanket.


Or perhaps several. Guys, you do realize it's winter. Is eating outside really the best idea?


Christin: Garnet, you sister's the one who won. If she says no, then the answer's no.

Garnet: Oh, come on, Mom...whatever happened to all that "sharing" stuff you talked about.

Christin: We're not talking about a toy from the toy box here, Garnet. Besides, it's not like you didn't "borrow" enough stuff while you were growing up...

Let's hope things go better the second time around...

Amethyst: Wait, what? I've never stolen anything in my life!

Well, no...but you are related to someone who has...I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding...

Amethyst: Misunderstanding...right...I have to make a phone call.

You know, as much as I'd like to stick around and see how this turns out, I've got to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, these guys won the lottery! I was beginning to think that your active Sims winning the lottery was impossible. I've bought my Sims tickets every single time it came up, but this is the first time any of them have won. I also love the new freelance careers. It is the perfect midpoint between living off of a hobby and an actual job. I hope they continue to add more tracks to it. And I have no idea why Amethyst got that message from Hope at the end. Yes, I wrote in that Garnet blamed Amethyst for some of this stealing but in the game...she doesn't have the kleptomaniac trait and she has never stolen a thing, so I have no idea where that would have come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment