Thursday, June 20, 2019

Kauker 2: Round 19



Last round, the Kaukers fully entered the teenage years as both Gemini and Libra entered high school. Between the birthday parties, the family also hosted Harvestfest dinner for Galaxy's family.


Um...hey, Gemini...

Gemini: Oh, hi Mysterious Voice.

Any reason you're doing your homework outside...in the dark?

Gemini: I'm trying to get ahead on it-Libra and I are going on a double date later.

Ahh...I see. Mind if I ask who with? As the town narrator I need to know these things.

Gemini: You know the Palmer twins down the street?

You've got to be more specific, Gemini. There's like 3 sets of Palmer twins...

Gemini: (sigh) Mark and Harrison...


Oh...well, that's certainly convenient...

Gemini: Sorry we're a little late...um...you wanna maybe head out back?


Huh...this might just work out.

Mark: Hey, I've got an idea...how about we go down to that library we used to hang out at when we were kids?

Wow, no one's gone there in forever...


Libra: How about a game on the arcade machine?

Harrison: Um...I have to get to scouts. If I skip Carrie will rat me out.

Libra: Oh...ok. How about after the meeting?

Harrison: Well, you know, we'll probably both be all smelly and stuff...


Libra: Do you think Harrison really likes me?

Gemini: Sure...I guess.

Libra: You don't think he seemed a little...off?

Gemini: I don't know...off from what? He's always been a little strange.

Libra: I guess...


Wow, I guess the good luck is continuing around here. Yeah, let's film the stand up special...


Oh, right...Egg Fest is today. Not really as exciting with two teenagers in the house...


Libra: Look, I know you're like...part of the holiday, or whatever, but do you have to hang out here all day? 


Galaxy: How did the filming go?

Leanna: Amazing! I've got so many gigs lined up...my first one's tonight down at the lounge.

Galaxy: Wow...going on tour already.

Leanna: I don't think the river district really counts as a tour...

Galaxy: Sure it does. And your supportive husband is coming along with you!


Well, nobody appears to be booing her so I guess it's going well...although from the looks of things the venue forgot to turn on the heat.


Well, since everything is going swimmingly with the parents, I guess I'll go check on the lovebirds...


So, is there a reason you two are having your date at the old abandoned mansion? I can't imagine that this is the most romantic setting...


I guess I stand corrected...


Libra: You got another gig tonight?

Leanna: Yes, this one's down by the movie studio. I'd ask your father to come along again but he's up for a big promotion at work...

Libra: What if we go with you?

Leanna: Would you mind? You two don't have dates tonight or anything?

Libra: Are you kidding? Of course we won't mind...


Gemini: Woo! Go Mom!

Nothing like family support...


And I guess that extra time at work paid off for Galaxy.


And I see we finally got our video game party after all...who's winning?

Gemini: Ugh...I was until you interrupted me!


Libra: Sorry about my sister, she gets real competitive.

Harrison: It's ok. Mark and I do too...twin thing, I guess. I mean, I know you two aren't...it's just that...oh, man, I'm really screwing this up...


Libra: Will you relax? You're doing fine...I think you're cute.

Harrison: Really?

Libra: Yeah, really...



All right, well, now that we've got two happy couples it's just about time for me to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Not too much going on here, I know. It was really challenging to find stuff to screenshot on this lot-it was just a lot of dating. The girls really do make cute couples with Mark and Harrison, though. (And judging by the way the timing of Island Living will work out, their next few dates will be much more picturesque. 


No comments:

Post a Comment