Saturday, September 5, 2020

Bernard 7: Round 20

 


Last round, Bahama and Sage were struggling to keep up with raising their two toddler sons, Drum and Crate, as well as their new daughter Basket. After a very eventful birthday, thanks to an unattended campfire, Basket also grew to a toddler, and Drum grew to a child. Meanwhile, Sage took advantage of the play group meetings to hone his guitar skills.


And I see we're still on monster patrol...

Bahama: Yup...you know, I could just leave this in here with you...

Crate: But it only works when you do it!


Sage: Come on, Basket...we need to get you ready for daycare.

No playgroup today?

Sage: No, there’s way too much else going on.


Yeah, you weren’t kidding...


And just so there’s no more surprises....at least the creative arts one should help with work.


You’re taking up knitting too?

Bahama: I’m just trying it out. I saw that you can actually sell stuff you make on this website...

Crate: Who’s going to want to buy a hat from some random person?

Bahama: You never know...


Well, if it doesn’t work out it will make a nice birthday gift for Sage.


What are you working on there, Drum?

Drum: School project. I’m building a robot.

Shouldn’t someone be helping you with that?

Drum: Eh, Mom and Dad are both still at work. They don’t get home until super late...


I guess that’s also why we’re doing this at midnight...Happy Birthday, dear Sage...





Hey, someone bought Bahama’s hat...


Basket: Mama? Is it time yet?

Bahama: No, honey. Not until I get home from work.

Time for what?


Ahh, I see...


Crate: So, what do you want to do?

Drum: I don't know...what do you want to do?

Crate: Hey, I have a great idea...Wanna see who can squirt the chocolate syrup the farthest?

I mean...that's certainly an idea...not so sure about the great part...


Bahama: (yawn)...Ok, sweetie. Let's do this...

Yeah, we should probably get this done before you fall asleep standing up. Happy birthday, dear Basket...


Oh, look. A new trait...


Huh...not bad...


First day of school didn't go so well?

Basket: No...Crate and Drum are hogging the TV. We're not even supposed to be watching TV because it's not the old days.

Tangerine: I hate that rule. I don't know why the grown-ups voted for it.

You and me both, Tangerine...


Oh, hi Paris...

Drum: Hey, wanna come over? My brother and I are going to do a painting on the front lawn.

Paris: Won't you get in trouble for that?

Drum: Nah. By the time my mom gets home it'll be so dark she won't see...

You know, maybe this "both parents in the same career" thing wasn't such a good idea.


Although they both seem to be doing pretty well. Nice going, Sage...


And just in time for Harvestfest...


Sage: Alright, guys. We've got a lot to do to get this place ready for tomorrow. We've got to clean everything, we've got to set up the extra table, we've got to start cooking...



You might want to come up with a plan B for the cooking.

Bahama: Way ahead of you...


Um...is there a reason we're at the park?


Oh, I get it...no power shutoff here.


Bahama: Ok...turkey's all set...salad's ready to go...


Let's just hope that nobody knocks over a candle.


Guam: Um...what are you lights all off?

Crate: Oh, they shut the power off today.

Guam: So...we can't watch TV? Ugh...I told Mom we should have done this at our house.


Sage: You know, this is kind of nice...maybe we should do this more often.

Bahama: Sure, dear...but how about next time you lug the turkey home from the park.


Basket: Ha! I won!

Sage: What the...where did you learn to do that?

Basket: Drum taught me!

Speaking of...where are the boys?


Ahh, of course. Giving a pie to the alien garden gnome. I should have known.


Mom and Dad back to work?

Crate: Yup...

Drum: What do you want to do today?

Basket: Hey, I've got an idea! Let's have a water fight!


Ok, I think it's time for some structured activities around here...








And it looks like all those power shutoffs really did something...


...Just in time for us to leave. Well, keep it up guys, and I'll see you all next round. 


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And welcome, once again, to the pre-new pack catch up. Not a whole lot going on in this house. Bahama and Sage both being in the entertainer career meant that they were always exhausted from getting home in the middle of the night. (I'm actually impressed that we managed not to miss Sage's birthday.) And having power shutoff day on Harvestfest proved an...interesting challenge. I'm just glad now that I built that park with a kitchen. (Originally it was there to make birthday cakes, but it worked for an emergency turkey dinner too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment