Saturday, September 5, 2020

Flenderson 4: Round 20

 



Last round started on a high note for Erica and Thistle as Erica found herself pregnant with their second child. She soon gave birth to another girl, Aquafina, which made for some great content for their video channel. Meanwhile, Thistle struggled to figure out how to help his sister Rose with her growing family.


Hi, Erica...I see you're settling into your new kitchen.

Erica: Well, I wouldn't exactly call it "new". We just kind of moved everything over.

Well, newly-arranged, then...

Erica: I just hope I have time to clean up before the neighbors get here. I'd hate for them to see everything this messy.


Um...something tells me you don't have to worry about that...


(sigh) Time to check the N.A.P. board...


Ok, well...this should be interesting...


Oh, good. We voted for wearing bags and fighting during the week of Winterfest...


Dasani: Ha ha...you look silly, Aunt Lorelei...

Erica: Honey, be nice...but she does have a point. I still don't get this bag thing. What's the point?

Lorelei: Oh, come on. You sound like Mom. It's just for fun.


Speaking of fun...


Although it seems that only Aquafina got the memo that it's winter...


Including many of the adults. I think we may want to cut play group short today before anyone freezes to death.


Dasani: What are you doing home already?

Aquafina: Play group was too cold. Can I play?

Dasani: We're not playing...we're doing my science project for school.

Aquafina: Can I help?

Thistle: It might be better if you just watch, honey...


Dasani: Aunt Lorelei, can you bring me a bag next time you come over?

Lorelei: You can make one yourself, you know. They're just paper bags.

Actually, come to think of it...where did you guys even get paper bags? You guys never go grocery shopping...


Um, Carrie? You know Dasani is a child, right?


Erica: There! All uploaded!

So how's the internet video thing going?

Erica: Fine, I guess. It's way more work than we thought, though.

Yeah, so I've heard. 


(sigh) Where did you guys get those?

Dasani: I made them! Don't you like them?

Well, I'm glad you at least made one for your sister so she's not left out.


Erica: Honey, isn't it hard to walk around with that on? How can you see?

Aquafina: I dunno...

I mean, nobody's walked into a wall yet so I have to assume there are eye holes somewhere...


Dasani: And that's what I, Bag Girl, have on my list for Winterfest! See you next time on Bag Girl Reviews!

Bag Girl Reviews?

Dasani: Yeah! Isn't it cool? I'm gonna make my own show just like Mom and Dad.

Well, it's certainly not the strangest gimmick I've seen...


Alright, looks like it's time for Winterfest festivities...


Thistle: Once we're done why don't you guys take those off so we can get a picture in front of the tree?

Dasani: Do we have to? I like my bag...


Ok, I'll admit, it's kind of cute. But maybe we should also do one without the bags?


There we are. Very nice.


Oh, good. I was worried that Father Winter wouldn't get into the bag-wearing spirit...


Let's just hope he manages to get everyone the right gift with that on his head.


Ok, we're doing well so far...








Ok...doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to give a toddler a model van but I guess it works.





And it looks like Thistle made out the best...


Now time for the tree presents...


And I see you managed to talk them out of the bags for today.


Thistle: Ok, let's get this wrapping paper cleaned up before everyone gets here.

Erica: Remind me again why we make the giant mess first? Why don't we wait and open everything after the company leaves?


Because with your families coming over, you guys wouldn't get to open presents until New Years...


Oh, great. Not only are they all wearing matching uniforms, but now they all have bags over their heads. Time to play guess the shoes...


This is actually making me realize how little attention I typically pay to everyone's clothes...


Hope: Hey! Happy Winterfest!

Erica: Thanks...Hope? That is you under there, right?

Hope: (laughs) Yeah, it's me. I gotta tell you, this is such a great idea for a Winterfest party. I think I'm gonna steal this theme for mine next year.


(Sigh) Ok, once we start beating each other up in the kids' bedroom I think it's time to call it a night.


Besides, it looks like we've got another celebration to attend to.


Happy birthday, dear Aquafina...


Huh...mental skill aspiration with a goofball trait. That should be an interesting combo...


And I think I have just enough time to help you get a new outfit before heading to the next house. See you all in Round 21!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: We're inching closer and closer to the end of Round 20. And yes, I still haven't changed these guys' household name. One day I'll remember. I think I'm going to need to start wiping the NAP board when I get to a new neighborhood. As funny as "We Wear Bags" is for random walk-bys and the welcome wagon, it makes it really, really hard to do things like throw a party or celebrate holidays. (Adding in "Roughhousing Encouraged" didn't help matters.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment