Thursday, September 10, 2020

Kauker 3: Round 20

 


Episode 315: A Long Time Ago...

After almost 20 trips through the houses of Tranquility Creek, the omnipotent narrator THE MYSTERIOUS VOICE finds herself at the newly established home of ASTEROID KAUKER and KEELEY DUNN. Having now graduated college, and with ASTEROID's son CLOROX now in his toddler years, the couple are finally ready to begin their new life together...assuming that there are no more surprises.


Hi, guys! Welcome home!

Asteroid: Um...thanks.

Everybody settled in ok after graduation?

Keeley: Yup. We're all unpacked and ready for a nice, quiet week...


Man, you weren't kidding. Not even any birthdays. I guess it will be a quiet week...


Or...

Keeley: A vacation? Now? We have a toddler, you know...

Oh, right. I guess I should check in on the little guy.


How's he liking his new room?

Asteroid: Well, considering it's the only room he's ever had I think he likes it fine.


Keeley: Can you believe it? Calling and asking us to take a trip now...

Asteroid: Well...

Keeley: What...you think we should take a vacation now?

Asteroid: Well...I mean, we did just graduate from college. What better time to celebrate?

Keeley: What about Clorox? I don't know what this Black Spire place is, but it doesn't sound like a place you should bring a toddler.

Asteroid: Maybe my sister could watch him...let me just give her a call.


Asteroid: Hey, Uni...yeah, yeah, everything's good here. Listen, Keeley and I were thinking about taking this trip and we were wondering if you wouldn't mind watching Clorox...you can? Oh...well...I guess that wouldn't be so...Oh...uh-huh...um...yeah, I guess we could bring them too...


Asteroid: So...my mom said she'd watch him...

Keeley: Great!

Asteroid: If we bring my sisters with us...

Keeley: Oh...well, I guess I could stand to get to know them a bit better.

Asteroid: And our cousins...

Keeley: Wait...all your cousins?

Asteroid: No, not all...just the other set of triplets. Apparently, they like to do everything together now.

Keeley: So...this is now a chaperoning job instead of a vacation.

Asteroid: I mean...they're almost out of high school. It's not like they're little kids. I'm sure they'll just do their own thing.

Keeley: (sigh) Ok, let's do it...


Keeley: Are you going to be a good boy for Grandma?

(laughs)

Keeley: What?

I just haven't gotten used to the idea that Universe is technically a grandmother...


Ok, looks like we're all ready to go...everyone got all their stuff?


Not that it matters...I guess Battu has very strict customs enforcement.


As well as a very strict dress code. Looking good, everyone!

Aurora: I still can't understand why they wouldn't let me keep my camera with me.

Celestial: Maye this place is some secret alien hideout and they don't want any pictures.

Keeley: Don't be ridiculous...there aren't any aliens...


You were saying, Keeley?

Asteroid: Wait...these are all aliens? Every one of them?

Yup...

Asteroid: Does that mean...are we in outer space?

Um...maybe?


Padme: This place is so weird...

Yeah, if I didn't know any better I'd swear it was something out of...


Oh...


Hey, guys, listen...there's something I think you should know...

Rey: Hey, check it out! The DJ is a robot


Bar Patron: Hey, you're new around here aren't you? I love your hair.

Padme: Thanks...um...I like your...horns.

Finn: I never knew there were this many kinds of aliens.


Eclipse: I don't know about you, but it is getting way too crowded in here for me...how about we go explore the forest?

Rey: Didn't Asteroid say we should all stick together or something?

Eclipse: Are you kidding? He's too busy comparing alien powers with everybody in here. He'll never notice we're gone.



???: Ah, hello, girls. What brings such fine young ladies to such an old watering hole?

Padme: Um...our cousin? Well, technically my cousin, her brother...

Celestial: Yeah, kind of a family trip deal...what's your name?

Hando: Forgive me...my name is Hando Onaka. Please, let me buy you girls a drink.

Um, actually...

Padme: Thanks. We don't really have a lot on us...apparently, they don't even take our money here.

Hando: Well, if it's credits you need I may have some...odd jobs for you to take on.


Sure, why not. Let's take a mission from the mysterious stranger. What could go wrong?

Celestial: Hey, at least we're not wandering off into the forest.

Oh, right...I should probably go check on them...


Rey: You were so right, this is so much better than that crowded bar.

Eclipse: Yeah, but...why is there so much...metal stuff everywhere?


Rey: Huh...you have a point...

???: Hey! Get away from there!

Oh, great...


???: What were you doing sneaking around our base?

Rey: Base? What base? Who are you?

Vi: The name's Vi...I can't tell you any more than that until I know you're loyal to our cause.

Rey: What cause?

Vi: You're not from around here, are you? (sigh) Ok, I probably shouldn't tell you this but...I'm with the Resistance.

Rey: The Resistance?


Vi: Yes...but before I tell you more, I need you to prove that you are loyal to our cause. We cannot let this base be discovered by the First Order...

Rey: What's the First Order?



Don't worry, looks like Finn's finding that out for himself.

LT. Agnon: Good evening, young citizen. Might I interest you in helping to establish order in this village?

Finn: Um...sure, I guess...


Finn, I really don't know if you want to get mixed up with these guys.

Finn: Aww, come on...he seems like a nice guy. After all, who doesn't like order?


Finn: Hey, um...I just wanted to tell you that...you should listen to those guys in the white helmets. They're...just trying to keep things orderly...

Vendor: (sigh) They always get them so young...Ok, kid. Whatever you say...


Rey: Finn! Finn, where are you...whoa...


Rey: Is that...a spaceship?

Sure looks like one.

Rey: There sure is a lot of cool stuff around here...


LT. Agnon: Excuse me, miss...can I help you?

Rey: Um...not really. I was just looking around...

LT. Agnon: Well I suggest you look somewhere else. This area is under the authority of the First Order.

Rey: Ok, Ok. I'm leaving...

You know, it's been a minute since I checked on Padme...can you try not to get yourself arrested for a bit?


Oh, good. Now we're gambling...


Wait, that was your mission? To beat him in a card game?

Hando: Ah, that was just the warm-up. Now, my dear, I need you to pick up a package for me...


Something tells me this won't be as simple as running down to the post office.



Celestial: Ok, it says the control panel should be on the wall in front of us...that must be it over there!

Padme: But what am I supposed to do with it?

Celestial: How should I know? You talked to that Hando guy, not me...



Padme: Ok, here goes nothing...

???: Halt!



Officer: Let me see your identification...

Padme: Um...you mean this?

Officer: Hmm...off world traveler...I'll let you go with a warning. This time...


Officer: Young lady, I would advise against touching anything that doesn't belong to you. The First Order doesn't take kindly to people messing with our things.

Padme: Ok...I won't do it again...

Celestial: But how are we going to get the package for that guy?

Padme: I don't know...maybe Rey or Finn can think of something.

Speaking of...


Rey: Man, you guys were right. Those First Order guys are annoying! 

Gatts: I'm glad you're sympathetic to our cause. Perhaps you'd like to help us on a mission?


Rey: I'd like to...really...buy I'm not much of a hacker.

Gatts: Before we joined, none of us were much of anything. You'll figure it out.


Cora: You must be the Resistance recruit...here.

Rey: What...is it?

Cora: It's a data spike? You use it to open up doors?

Rey: Oh..of course. A data spike...I knew that...


Padme: There you are!

Rey: There I am? Where have you been?

Padme: Trying to get some package for this guy we met at the bar...what about you?

Rey: Trying to get the passcode to...something. I'm not sure, really. But I think it has to do with that panel on the wall...

Padme: Well, forget that unless you're looking to get arrested. 

Rey:  If only we had some sort of distraction...


Celestial: Wait, guys...I have an idea...

Are you...singing?

Celestial: It's drawing a crowd, isn't it? Ok, Rey...here's your chance...


Rey: Yes! It worked!

Nice job with the distraction, Celestial...


And it looks like Rey's officially part of the Resistance...


Which might be a problem considering her brother's become a propaganda machine for the First Order.

Finn: No, really, they're just trying to help. I mean, that's what LT. Agnon said...


Finn: I did it! I told everyone in the market that you guys were just here to help and they should do whatever you say!

LT. Agnon: Very good...You show great promise.


...Well, Harvestfest dinner will certainly be interesting this year.


Finn: Padme!

Padme: Finn, what are you doing?


Finn: I'm supposed to be checking ID's...but I guess I don't have to check you. I know who you are.


Finn: Hey, you! Stop! Who are you...um...I mean, show me your ID...

At least he's not a very effective officer...


Padme: Here! Here's you package!

Hando: Thank you, young one. You're proving to be quite the valuable assistant...perhaps you can help me out with something else?

Padme: Well, actually, I probably should check back in with my cousin...


Keeley: Race you back to the Dwellings!

The Dwellings?

Asteroid: It's where the beds are...

Ok, ok, that's enough...Ok, Padme. Where are we going next?


Oh, good. Now we're sending packages out...


Rey: Hey, this green milk is pretty good...where does it come from?

Trust me, Rey. You do not want to know...how's the mission coming, by the way?

Rey: Ugh...I can't get past the stupid panel again. Every time I try it zaps me...


Looks like things aren't going so well for Padme and Finn either.

Finn: Stupid door...says I don't have high enough clearance...

Padme: At least you have some clearance! Those guys give me the stink eye if I even look at them.

Finn: I wish the cats were here...BB-8 would be in and out of that door in a flash...

Padme: Finn, BB-8 is a cat. Not some kind of helper robot...

Huh...


Rey: I just don't know what to do...all I keep finding are these old peices of metal, and what am I even supposed to do with that?

Actually, Rey, I have an idea...


Rey: What's a droid?


A helper robot...


Rey: Some helper. The thing short circuted...

Don't worry, I'm sure BB-3B will make herself very useful...


Like, as a distraction perhaps?


Wait, what are you doing?

Rey: Apparently I'm installing parts on an X-Wing.

You know how to fix a spaceship?

Rey: Not really...but how hard can it be? At least it's not trying to eat me like that plant was.


Rey: Ok, I installed those ship parts like you asked.

Resistance Member: Great! Looks like you're all set for the mission, then.

Rey: Wait...I thought that was the mission. You want me to fly that thing?

Resistance Member: Don't worry. Your droid here will do most of the navigating...it'll be a peice of cake.


I really hope this helps with her college applications...


Looks like we only have one choice...


And it worked!


Rey: That...was...awesome!

Vi: Nicely done, recruit...


Vi: You've proven yourself to be a loyal member of the Resistance. Come on, I'll show you around the rest of the base...


Ok, well, now that she's back on the ground I think I should go check on the others...


Finn: Let's see...I'm pretty sure it's this button...

What are you doing?

Finn: Trying to put something called a communication block on this thing...

The same one your sister just zapped herself trying to take off?

Finn: Uh...yeah. But...that means she's done, right? So now I can put it back. I'll be getting through that door in no time!


Sorry, Finn...looks like Padme beat you to it...

???: Hey! You there!


Officer: Young lady, this is a secure area. Come with me...

Uh-oh...


Looks like it's time for another impromptu concert...

Finn: Isn't my cousin a great singer?

Officer: It's very nice, but I really should be watching the holotable...


Fine. Looks like Padme got what she needed.


Gatts: Why the long face?

Padme: (sigh)  I went through all this stuff to find out where this stupid package is, and the stupid door is blocked by a passcode.

Gatts: Oh, the one behind the cantina? Yeah, that's my hanger...

Padme: It is? Can you tell me the password?

Gatts: Maybe...for another drink...


Padme: (sigh) Ok, that's like, the 7th drink I brought. Can you tell me the stupid code?

Gatts: (burp) Sure! Let me think...

Let me guess...Password1?

Gatts: Hey, how did you know?

(sigh) You know, maybe I should check to see if Asteroid and Keeley...


Asteroid: Woo! Aliens unite! Who's an alien? I'm an alien!

Or...you know, I think it's time we went back to the forest with Rey...yeah, that sounds like a plan.


Vi: So, new kid. You got a name?

Rey: It's Rey...

Rey: Really?


Rey: So is mine...


Rey: Wait...your name is Rey too? That's so weird...


Rey: Vi has filled me in on all the missions you've done for us. I'd like to thank you for your service.

Rey B: I mean, it wasn't that hard...

Rey: What's that in your bag?


Rey B: Oh...it's just some of the metal I found. And I keep finding these colored rocks everywhere too.

Rey: That's...not a rock. It's a kyber crystal.

Rey B: A what crystal?

Rey: Try putting that inside the compartment there...


Rey B: Wow!


Rey B: A glowing sword!

Rey: It's...called a lightsaber. I can give you some pointers if you'd like...


Rey: There you go...you've got it...


Rey B: How...are...you...so...good...at...this...

Rey: I've been fighting with a staff since I was a child. It's not that different...


Rey B: Whew! Thanks for the lesson! I wonder what my mom will say when she sees it!

Rey: So you're going home soon?

Rey B: Yeah...I kind of have to. But I'll come back real soon! I promise! And I'll bring my whole family to join the Resistance! My mom, my dad...everybody!


Yeah, about that "everybody"...


Finn: Whoa...awesome mask, dude! Where'd you get it?

Finn, listen to me. Walk...away...now...

Kylo Ren: I do not have time for pleasantries. I've just learned that one of our comm towers has been hacked by a droid...

Finn: Um...uh...


Finn: Then I'll get my own droid! Yeah! And I'll hack it back!

Finn...

Finn: Shut up! I'm trying to get the guy in the awesome mask to like me!


Well, at least now we've got one of each...


Oh, right...Keeley and Asteroid...

Asteroid: You know, I'm sure Universe wouldn't mind watching Clorox for a few more days...

Keeley: Asteroid, it's time to go home. We have to get back to our son...


Padme: Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for all the credits...

Hando: Perhaps we have time for one more mission before you go...we need to do a quick supply run.

Padme: Um...sure, I guess, as long as it's quick.

Hando: Great...the ship's outside.

Padme: The ship's outside...wait, we're going in that thing?


Yup. Looks like you are.


Padme: Wait, who's this giant furry guy?

Hando: Don't worry about him...


Yeah, yeah...let's fly around the asteroids.





No, nothing good ever comes from investigating things. Let's just go to Takodana...


Aurora: I can't believe they're letting you bring that thing home. What are you even going to do with it?

Rey: I dunno. It plays music. If anything, it will be a pretty awesome speaker.


Looks like it's time to head back to Tranquility Creek...


Asteroid: Hey, buddy! Were you a good boy for Grandma?

Clorox: Yeah!

Asteroid: Well, that's good because Daddy brought you a present...


And that, my friends, brings us to the end of Round 20! Stand by for the scorecard!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Ok, Ok...so, it wasn't really a post about Keeley, Asteroid, or Clorox. But come on. Did you really expect that a Star Wars game pack would come out and the first ones to experience it wouldn't be the Star Wars triplets? (Don't worry, they're going back with Leia once I get to their house...) 

And yeah...I like Journey to Battu.  As someone who loves the Sims, Star Wars, and Disney Parks, this pack was pretty much made for me. I completely understand that others don't like it, but I had an absolute blast and I can't wait to get back to the Bernard house to do more. And there's only one way we're going to get there! On to Round 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment