Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Flenderson 2: Round 7


Last round, hapless scientist Noah Flenderson continued to advance at the lab while also continuing to try and hide the mysterious origins of his youngest child, Rain. Meanwhile, his middle boys Cirrus and Nimbus grew from children to teenagers, and his wife Jenifer continued to work at her writing career.


Noah...we've talked about this.

Noah: Just one more time...I know I've got it now...


Uh-huh...at least now the boys are old enough to man a fire extinguisher.


Jenifer: Noah! I told you not to use your ray gun in the house...

Noah: In the house...that's it!


Noah, the neighbors are starting to stare...I don't think this is what Jennifer meant.



How's it hanging, Rain?

Rain: That's not funny.

Uh-huh...

Rain: I just hope Dad doesn't set anything else on fire before tonight...

What's tonight?


Oh, I see...


Happy birthday dear Rain...





Well, it's a very intricate hairstyle for a teenager but otherwise, not bad. Have you picked an aspiration yet?





Rain: I want to be an author, like mom.

Ok, very do-able. Why don't you head downstairs and get a head start?

Rain: Ok...


Rain: Mom, Dad? Have you guys seen my...whoa!

What is that?

Rain: I don't know...Dad must have brought it home from work. It looks like it's glowing...


Whoa!

Rain: Who are you?

Tory: My name's Tory.

Tory...not a name I would have expected for someone who looks like that coming out of a wormhole...


Rain: So...what are you?

Tory: Well, I guess you could say I'm an alien...

Rain: Alien...hey, Tory...can I try something?


Tory: Whoa! Are you...one of us?

Rain: I don't think so...Mom and Dad never said anything about that. But without my makeup...I look a lot like you. Oh, no...I think I hear him coming! 

Tory: I should go...but maybe you should ask?


So, I noticed you brought home a project...

Noah: Oh, the wormhole generator? Yes, I want to keep working on it but it's not exactly on the project list around here, so I thought I'd keep it at home.

What did Jennifer think about that?

Noah: Well, I think she thinks it's a decoration...I bring home a lot of weird stuff so she's kind of stopped asking questions.

What about the kids?

Noah: Oh, I'm sure they've barely noticed. They're never in our room.


Jenifer: Noah, has anything strange been happening at the lab?

Noah: Um...no...why do you ask?

Jenifer: I'm up for a promotion at work. I have to write a compelling article and I thought the science lab might be a good topic...

Noah: Well, sorry to disappoint you but nothing weird's been going on there. Nope, just plain, everyday science...

Jenifer: Uh-huh...


Noah: You know what? We've both been so preoccupied with work lately...

Jenifer: Actually, I've only been writing for a few hours a day...

Noah: Let's go out for a date night. How about the new spa that just opened up?

Jenifer: Ok, but don't think this is getting you out of telling me what's been going on at the lab.



Noah: Isn't this relaxing?

Jenifer: Well, kind of...it looks a lot more like a nightclub than a spa, if you ask me. Oh, look...there's a yoga class...

Noah: Why don't you go on ahead and join in. I'll just grab a drink at the juice bar and meet up with you later.

Well, I guess I should check on what the kids are up to...


Rain: Stratus, can I ask you something? Before I was born, did anything...weird happen around here?

Stratus: You mean other than the twins? Not really...oh, there was that night with the weird lights outside.

Rain: Weird lights?

Stratus: Yeah...I don't really remember all the details. But one night when I was little I saw these weird blue lights coming in through my bedroom window. I couldn't see much more, since our rooms are in the basement. By the time I got out of bed and upstairs, the lights were gone.

Rain: What did Mom and Dad say?

Stratus: Mom hadn't even seen them. Dad wasn't home-he must have been working late that night.


Hmm..let's do the journalist this time.


Looks like Noah had a great day too. I guess the spa date paid off.


Congrats, Jenifer.

Jenifer: Thanks. 


Oh, boy...another birthday.


Happy birthday dear Stratus...





Wow, you look...exactly the same.

Stratus: I've matured on the inside.

If you say so...


Could have seen that one coming...


Rain: Mom?

Jenifer: Yes, dear?

Rain: This may sound like a weird question but...am I an alien?

Jenifer: ...

Whoa, ok...um...unfortunately it's time for me to be moving on. So why don't you two discuss that while I head over to Ryan and Addison's house...with the man-eating plant. (Man, isn't any house around here normal?)



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: After a bit of a hiatus, Tranquility Creek is back. I figured I should probably get this blog up to date before Get Together comes out. Nothing too eventful on this lot outside of the wormhole generator, which I now know you have to upgrade before being able to travel to Sixam.

No comments:

Post a Comment