Saturday, June 16, 2018

Lytle 2: Round 17



Last round, Marylin got a little overzealous with making sure her younger daughter Snapple was socialized by running a neighborhood play group. Unfortunately, this took a lot of attention away from her older daughter, Sprite, as she started elementary school. By the end of the week, Snapple had grown to a child as well. Meanwhile, Moss continued to advance in the mixology career. 


Snapple: Did you see it?

Sprite: See what?

Snapple: The monster....it came back last night.

Sprite: Ugh...there is no monster. You're just making it up.

Snapple: Yes there is! And I think it did something to the sky, too.

Sprite: You are such a...


Moss: Girls! Come on, we're going to Uncle Forest's house!

Sprite: Aww, do we have to?

You don't like your uncle?

Sprite: Uncle Forest is ok, but he's never home when we get there! Instead we have to play with Dragon and Unicorn and they're such babies!

Dragon's in school now too, you know.

Sprite: Yeah, well, he still started when Snapple did so he's still a baby to me...


Unicorn: Sprite! Snapple! Play! Play!

Sprite: Uh...I can't, I have...homework...to do.

Snapple: No you don't...I saw you do it before we left....


Anna: Hey, Moss...sorry, you just missed Forest. Emergency at the hospital.

Moss: Oh...well, I guess it's still good for the kids to get together.

Anna: We really should try to plan something where all of them can be there. I swear, your family is so big my two have cousins I've never even met!


Snapple: Hey, I've got an idea. Let's play hide and seek. Uni, you look first, ok?

Sprite: Great, this will last all of 30 seconds...

Snapple: You're no fun. Come on, Uni. Let's go see if Dragon wants to play.


Moss: What are you guys doing up here?

Dragon: Playing hide and seek.

Moss: Well, it's time to go home now...

Snapple: Aww, but Unicorn hasn't found us yet! We were winning!


Snapple: Why did you wait outside the whole time? We had so much fun!

Sprite: Maybe I wanted to wait out here, huh?

Alright, alright...let's get back home before this turns violent. Besides, it's your dad's birthday today if 
I remember correctly.

Snapple: Oh, right...that means we get cake!


Happy birthday, dear Moss...


And this is one of those uneventful birthdays...


Snapple: Mom? Have you ever seen anything weird happen to the sky?

Marylin: You mean, like aliens? Once or twice, maybe...

Snapple: No, not weird things in the sky...like, the sky looks different.

Marylin: What?

Snapple: Last night...after the monster woke me up, I looked outside and the sky looked different than it normally does.

Marylin: Really? What did it look like?

Snapple: I dunno...darker, kind of.

Marylin: Well, it was the middle of the night, sweetie. Of course it looked dark.


Marylin: Huh...

What?

Marylin: Well, that talk I had with Snapple earlier got me curious, so I started doing some searching...turns out there are places where the sky changes color. Sometimes stuff even falls from it, can you imagine? They call it "weather"...well, lucky we don't have to worry about that here, huh?

Yeah, um...about that...

Snapple: MOMMY!

(sigh)


Oh, look. Our friend Marvin's back.

Snapple: Friend? He's not my friend!


Marylin: Ok, your bed's all sprayed. Let's get you back to sleep.

Snapple: But Mommy...I don't want to go to sleep. The sky still looks weird.

Marylin: Snapple, I promise you...nothing is happening to or in the sky....


Moss: What was all that noise last night?

Marylin: Oh, you know...the usual. Monster under the bed. I sure hope she grows out of this soon...

Moss: Um...hon? Have you looked in our bedroom lately?


Marylin: What the...Snapple? Are you in here?


Marylin: Why did you put up a tent in our bedroom?

Also, where did you get a tent to put up in their bedroom?

Marylin: Yeah, that too...

Snapple: I don't want to sleep in my room anymore. It's too scary. I want to sleep in here with you guys.

Marylin: (sigh) Snapple, we can't keep a tent in here. We can't even get to our bed.

Perhaps an air mattress would be a good compromise?





Nice going, Moss...


Looks like your brother wants to celebrate...although, that is the last place I'd expect these guys to go.


Moss: Hey, you made it!

Forest: I know, I know. Sorry about the other day.

Moss: It's alright. Duty calls, right? Come on, let's head inside and wait for the others.


Moss: Wow, they really did a number on this place.

Forest: Yeah, I know...I can barely remember what it looked like before.

I suppose that's a good thing?

Forest: Yeah. So, how are the girls? Dragon and Unicorn had a great time yesterday.

Moss: Well, Sprite is...Sprite. I swear, I know she's still in elementary school but it seems like she's a teenager already. And Snapple's still seeing monsters under her bed at night...she's been sleeping on a cot in our room.

Forest: Does that help?

Moss: Not really. She just starts seeing monsters under the cot...although I guess us not having to climb the stairs at 2AM to spray her bed is helpful.

Forest: You know, we went through the same thing with Dragon...it was rough, but eventually they've got to face their fears, you know?

Emerald: Hey, guys...



Speaking of facing your fears...I really wouldn't have expected you guys to come here.

Emerald: It's ok, really...the place looks so different now.

Huh, so apparently all it takes to erase a near-death experience is some new wallpaper and carpet. Good to know.

Hunter: It's not that I don't remember it...although, come to think of it...I kind of don't...

Kind of hard to form memories when you're dead.

Moss: We don't have to stay here if you don't want to...say, I know. Let's head down to a park. I'll have Marylin bring the girls. We can finally get all the kids together.


Well, most of them, anyway...


That's a nice looking group of cousins...

Finn: This isn't even all of us. Zyrtec and Unicorn aren't here.

Rey: Or baby Jade.

Right...looks like we're going to have to re-stage this picture next round.


And now we're all...watching a game of chess?

Dragon: Uh-huh. Sprite's really good...


Apparently so! Nice going, Sprite.



And it looks like that family time was good for Moss as well. Nice job.



Feel any different about visiting your aunt than your uncle?

Sprite: Ok. I don't mind going to Aunt Emerald's...


Emerald: Hey there...I figured you could use some time away from your little sister.

Sprite: Ugh...yeah. She's so annoying...

Emerald: Hey, I was your dad's annoying little sister once, you know.

Even though he was almost moved out by the time you showed up.

Sprite: Can I see the baby?

Emerald: Sure. She just woke up from her nap.


Well, there's your new cousin...

Sprite: Aww! She's so cute! I wish I was big enough to hold her!


Don't worry, pretty soon you'll be able to do more.


So, where are we headed?

Sprite: The park. Dad still doesn't want to have any parties at the arcade.

Well, that's understandable...


And I see we invited every child in the neighborhood. Hi, guys...long time no see.

Nestle: Um...I guess so...


It's kind of like a little playgroup reunion...including the attire, apparently.

Leia: Finn, why are you wearing that?

Finn: I dunno. This is just what we always wore to the park.


And I see these two are still good friends...

Sprite: So, get this. Then she starts telling my mom that the sky looks different...she says it looks "more dark".

Gemini: That is so dumb! I mean, the sky only looks one way...well, two ways if you count nighttime.

Well, why don't we get this party moving along before nighttime gets here?


Happy birthday, dear Sprite...


Ok, very do-able...


Although the outfit needs some work.


Much better...although I see brightly printed pants and skirts must run in the family.

Pine: Hey! I like this outfit!

I've noticed.


Pine: Remember, if any of the boys in high school give you a hard time, you let them know you have 3 big, strong uncles...

(laughs)

Pine: What?

Hunter: Pine, you can barely shoot a basketball...



Sprite: Mom...what is it?

Marylin: I just can't believe my first baby is almost grown up...

Ok, ok...enough with the walk down memory lane. I've got to be moving on, and I think it's about time you guys all got home. I think I just heard...something in the distance.

Sprite: What? I didn't hear anything...

Just trust me on this one, ok? I'll see you guys all next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And we're all caught up for Seasons! Initially I was going to wait and play the last day of these guys with Seasons installed, but that would have meant that the seasons were 1 day off from the lot changes. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to have each season set to 14 days instead of the default 7, which means 2 households per season. With the custom holidays and everything, there's just too much to cram into 7 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment