Sunday, February 9, 2020

Flenderson 3: Round 20



Last round, Viola and Shark continued their quest to have at least one baby girl. However, their efforts brought them not one, not two, but three brothers for their son Trumpet. Twins Trombone and Guitar came first, followed swiftly by another son, Banjo. In the middle of all of this, grandpa Brock passed away from old age. Meanwhile, Viola struggled to find time to go visit her friend Vlad as a new mother of 4.


Hey, guys!

Shark: Oh, hey mysterious voice.

What are you so excited about?

Shark: Um...


Ah-ha...say no more. I'll just wait outside.


Looks like we're giving this one more try...


Viola: So, it looks like you're going to be a dad...again.

Shark: Really? That's great! We've got to figure out another nursery... 


Don't you think you should finish Banjo's room first?

Isla: I don't know...maybe we can get some two-for-one deals on nursery furniture this way.


Sorry, it doesn't look like sale day is on the calendar for this week.


Shark: Trumpet! Why are you splattering Grandma's paint all over the floor?

Trumpet: Uh...it wasn't me, Dad! It was the babies!

Shark: Uh-huh...so then why aren't the babies in here?

Trumpet: Because...because they ran away! That's why! I was trying to stop them!

Shark: (sigh) Trumpet, buddy, I really need your help here. Your little brothers look up to you. I need you to set an example for them.


Trumpet: Remember, when Dad asks who spilled the paint on the floor what do you say?

Guitar: The baby did it!

Trumpet: Right!

Trombone: But the baby can't stand up! How can he spill?

Trumpet: He just did-ok?

Somehow I don't think this is what Shark meant...


Yeah, maybe keeping Trumpet busy after school wouldn't be the worst idea.


Isla?

Isla: I don't feel so well...

Well, maybe you should lie back down...


Or...





Guitar: What's wrong with Grandma?


Goodbye, Isla...


Not exactly the best time for a holiday...


Trumpet: Mom, I don't even wanna do Campfire Night...

Viola: I know, buddy. But don't worry-it'll be fine. Trust me, once we're all outside roasting marshmallows and playing around the fire...


You were saying, Viola?


Trumpet: Ugh, this is the worst Campfire Night ever!

Clam: Oh, come on. I'm sure it's not the worst one ever...

Trumpet: Oh, yeah? My grandma just died, everybody's crying, and it's raining so much that we have to stay inside and roast marshmallows in the fireplace. 

Clam: Yeah...but we still have marshmallows.

It figures that Clam's attempt at positivity would be based on food.


Viola: It just doesn't feel right....she hasn't even been gone that long. Maybe we should use the office instead?

Shark: That office is way too small. You said so yourself.

Viola: Well, maybe we can put the new baby in with Banjo for a little while? I mean, he's still in his bassinette. He won't know the difference...


Yeah, about that...


Happy birthday, dear Banjo...


Oh, goody. Another Wild toddler....


Right down to his hair, apparently. Ok, time for a mini-makeover...


Viola: Ok, now I have to go take a shower. Can you three promise to stay right here until I get back?

Guitar: Ok, Mommy...

Why do I get the feeling that Guitar takes the most after his older brother?


Speaking of...look who's home from school. Oh, hey Claritin...what are you doing here?

Trumpet: The teacher wants us to do this dumb project where we learn about each other or whatever. We picked each other's names out of the hat. 

Claritin: So, what is there to do at your house anyway?

Trumpet: Eh, not much, really. Everything fun will get us in trouble....


But if you stick around long enough you'll get to see a baby be born...


And I see we kind of took a leap of faith with the nursery decor...let's hope that pays off. 


Yes! It's a girl! Welcome, Mandolin!


So, you're done now?

Viola: Yes, we're done now.


So, looks like history is repeating itself, huh?

Shark: What do you mean?

Well, your family is exactly like your grandparents. One boy, twin boys, another boy, and then a girl.

Shark: Huh...hey, yeah. You're right. That's kind of weird, huh? I wonder how my grandma did it...

Well, that was before the whole toddler thing, so...


And right on cue...


Happy birthday, dear Mandolin...


Ok, I guess it makes sense for the baby of the family to be clingy...


And it looks like we have another a tiny copy of Shark...but I think a new outfit is in order.


There we go...much better. 


It's still raining?

Shark: Every day this week.

At least it's saving you some trouble watering the plants.

Shark: Yeah, but my boss doesn't exactly count watching the rain as the experience I need for promotion.

Can't you just go into work instead?

Shark: Yeah, but I became a gardener so I could work from home with the kids...


Speaking of...I guess the rain hasn't been the best for you either.

Trumpet: ...No, not really...but I did find this cool ball! I've already kicked it about 100 times without dropping it!

Cool...but are you sure you should be doing that in the house?

Trumpet: Well, what else am I supposed to do? There's no one else here but all the babies...


Don't worry, pretty soon you'll have two potential partners in crime...


No big party?

Viola: No, not with all this rain. 

Alright, then. Happy birthday, dear Trombone...


Ok, that makes sense...


Happy birthday,  dear Guitar...


And I guess that makes sense too...


Guitar: But what if it goes down the stairs and hits something?

Trumpet: Well, then I guess you'd better not miss...

Ok, this seems like a good time for me to make my exit. Good luck, Shark and Viola... I'll see everyone next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yes, I know it's been a while. This winter hasn't been the best health-wise for me. But at least these guys finally have their heiress! I think it's so funny that Shark pretty much repeated his mom's family beat for beat (but of course, his mom and uncles were never toddlers so I think he and Viola have had the harder job.) And I know I wasn't able to fit in a visit to Vlad this round-there just wasn't time. He did call to congratulate Viola on the baby, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment