Monday, July 13, 2020

Bernard 4: Round 20



Last round, Tempera began taking on odd jobs to try and earn the money for her own computer. While she managed to earn a little bit of money, it didn't end up being quite enough. Meanwhile, the family celebrated Winterfest with a family party at their house. At the end of the week, Crayola joined her sister in high school.


Hi, Tempera.

Tempera: Hey, mysterious voice.

I see you've taken up painting.

Tempera: Yeah...this is a much better way to earn money than those odd jobs. I'll be able to afford that laptop in no time!


Well, that's good...because it looks like someone has a birthday this week.


Tempera: Yeah, I...um...might have used some of it. Sorry...

Luke: Oh...I didn't know you were interested in that.

Tempera: So, it's ok if I use it every once in awhile?  Because I've got this assignment for art class...

Luke: Of course! Go right ahead!


Aurora: Hey, I saw that painting you made for art class. When did you learn hhow to paint?

Tempera: I don't know...it just sort of happened.

Aurora: Maybe it's genetic.

Tempera: You think Dad might get me my own easel? I mean, it's gotta be cheaper than a laptop, right?


Well, he should be in a good mood now...


Nice job, Luke.

Luke: Thanks.


Too bad you can't make drinks over a campfire.


Cindy: So, how are those applications coming along?

Tempera: Applications?

Cindy: For college?

Luke: You did start them, right?

Tempera: Oh...um...yeah. Totally. They're almost done, actually.


And by almost done, you meant...

Tempera: Hadn't started at all. But I'm doing them now, I promise.


Luke: I knew one of them would take after me one of these days.

Cindy: In more ways than one.

Luke: What is that supposed to mean?

Cindy: You took up painting pretty randomly too, from what I remember.

Luke: What? It's good to have different interests.

He's got a point. Colleges do like the whole "well rounded" thing.


Cindy: Any news?

Tempera: No...why does this take so long?

Believe me, I wish I knew...


Tempera: I mean, how long can it take to look at an application?

Crayola: Maybe you didn't get into anything and they're all laughing at it around the office first.

Cindy: I'm sure that's not it.

Good to know you can always count on a little sister to offer words of encouragement...


Well?

Tempera: I think this is it!


Wow, nice work. Looks like you've got quite a choice in front of you.


Madrid: Man, that's so cool. You got into like, every degree.

Tempera: I guess...but I have no idea which one I should choose!

Madrid: What do you mean? You got so good at painting in like, a day.

Tempera: I know. But just because I'm good at something doesn't mean it has to be my job. I mean, my dad's good at painting too but he was a police officer and a bartender.


Speaking of bartending...nice job, Cindy.


And it looks like you have the perfect opportunity to practice even more.


Cindy: Not really...there's no bar at the park.

Taking a chance with the weather, huh? Well, ok then. Everybody hope for no thunderstorms...


And it looks like it worked!


Padme: Hey! Happy birthday!

Tempera: Thanks.

Padme: I can't believe it...the first Bernard cousin to go to college. You're going to have to tell me everything.

Tempera: I promise, I will...I'll make sure to send you detailed updates.


Leia: Hey, you're getting pretty good on the grill.

Crayola: Yeah, I'm trying to earn my outdoor badge for Scouts.

Leia: Just remember, you want to keep the flame low at first...

Crayola: Um...thanks, Aunt Leia...

I didn't know Leia was so into grilling...


All right, let's get this show on the road. It's getting dark. Happy birthday, dear Tempera...


Huh...you know, that combination actually makes sense.


Dragon: Congratulations!

Tempera: Thanks.

Dragon: So? Have you decided yet?

Tempera: (sigh) I think so. But I don't want to say it here. It'll just become a whole big thing...how about we get breakfast tomorrow and I'll tell you then?

Dragon: Sounds like a plan.


Besides, you've still got some presents to open first.


Dragon: Man, it's a good thing you had the party yesterday.

I'll say. That's quite a storm out there.


Dragon: So? Lay it on me. What will the fantastic Tempera be studying at college?

Tempera: I think...I'm going to choose psychology.

Oh...wow. Did not see that one coming.

Dragon: Psychology? Awesome! That means you'll be at Foxbury with me! Wait...you're not just picking that so we'll be at the same school, are you?

Tempera: I swear, I'm not. I think Psychology will be interesting. You know, figuring out why people do what they do...

Great. Well, if you happen to figure out why people here tend to run towards a fire when it breaks out, could you please let me know?



Tempera: Ok, one more picture and then I really have to go...

And you're not the only one. It's time for me to be moving on as well. And that means...it's time for Tranquility Creek's first college graduation ceremony!

Tempera: Graduation? I haven't even gotten there yet.

I know, just...it will make sense soon. I promise. Everybody else, I'll see you in round 21!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Phew! And with that, we've got all of our University students ready to go! (Only about...8 months after University released. I really need to write these faster.)

No comments:

Post a Comment