Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Flenderson 1: Round 20



Last round, Lorelei and Lucas celebrated their wedding, and Lorelei became pregnant with their first child. (Though, not necessarily in that order.) Soon, their son Blaine had joined the household, and not long after Lorelei found herself pregnant again. By the end of the week they had added a daughter, Whitney. Lucas then surprised everyone by aging into an adult. Sadly, Grandpa Aldo also passed away from old age.


Hi there, Misty...

Misty: Oh, hi mysterious voice. You're just in time to come to dinner with us.

Dinner? What's the occasion?


Oh, I see...I'm surprised you're not doing something bigger.

Misty: Why would you say that?

Well, you managed to turn the last family dinner you had into a political event...

Misty: You know, I am capable of separating my work from my family...plus, it's not really re-election season right now, so...


So I take it this is a grown-ups only dinner...does that mean Arcanine's babysitting?

Misty: Of course not! Why would we leave the dog in charge?

Hey, it seemed to work in Peter Pan...


Misty: Hello, there...table for 4, please. The reservation is under Flenderson...

Waiter: Hey, I know you! You're that lady that's on all the yard signs...

Yard signs? What yard signs? I haven't seen any yard signs.

Misty: Well, it wouldn't make sense to spend money on them for my own neighborhood! Everyone already knows me there.


So, judging by the fact that I don't see Thistle anywhere, I'm guessing he ended up staying home with the kids?

Erica: Yes...I've been getting text message updates the entire time we've been here. Apparently, Aquafina and Blaine decided that our living room needed redecorating...


Yeah, maybe we should start to wrap this up.


Happy birthday, dear Misty...





You all right?

Misty: Yes, I'll be fine. It's just a big adjustment all at once...


Looks like Misty wasn't the only birthday today....


Happy birthday dear Whitney...


And we've finally broken the streak of wild and fussy....


And we have another redhead too! 


Looks like she aged up just in time for play group...


As she immediately puts those charmer skills to good use.


And I see we're doing playgroup inside today...probably a good choice with how hot it is outside.

Lucas: Yeah, the weather station issued something called a "heat advisory". I've never heard of it before but it seemed like a good idea to keep everyone inside today.


Whitney: Silly puppy...that's my food!

Sorry, Whitney....but that's what happens when you leave your food on the floor.


Lorelei: Hey, Aquafina...you ready to go?

Erica: Thanks for taking her today. Thistle and I have been trying to do this Q&A video for weeks now and every time we sit down she interrupts us.

Lorelei: So this video thing is really working out?

Erica: Surprisingly, yes. It's way more work than I expected, but it is paying the bills. Hey, you should do one with me sometime! You know, we could talk about what it was like growing up...

Lorelei: Uh...I'll have to take a rain check on that one. I still live with Mom, remember? I'd never hear the end of that one.


I guess not everybody in the playgroup is a fan of the hugging. You might want to tone it down a bit, Whitney...



Um, I'm not usually one to question fashion choices, but is the sweater and tights combo really appropriate for the middle of summer?

Lucas: We're letting her pick out her own clothes...she wanted to dress fancy today.


Well, let's hope she chooses a fancy swimsuit for Splash Fest...


And I see we've chosen to spend Splash Fest on the beach. Looks like a lot of fun...


Although it seems to have tired Arcanine out.


Or...we have our first pet death.


(sigh) Silly me, I thought we would get through more than two lots without seeing Grimmy...goodbye, Arcanine.


Whitney: Grandma, Arcanine went away before the fireworks...

Misty: Well, now he can see them from the sky...and there won't be any big noises to scare him there.








Odd tribute to a dog, but very nice nonetheless.


Misty: You ready for your special day, big guy?

Why is today special?


Oh, I get it. It's picture day. Wait..didn't we already do picture day when I was at the Hannon's?

Lorelei: Yes, but it was so cold then that we had to do it inside, and we couldn't get them all together.

I see...carry on, then.


Oh, I guess picture day wasn't the only special event today. Happy birthday, dear Blaine...


Ok, silly to goofball makes sense...


And he doesn't look too happy with his outfit, but otherwise still cute.


Blaine: Mom, are we gonna get another dog?

Tell you what, I'll let you guys talk this one over for awhile while I head on to the next house. I'll see you all next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, our first pet death. I have to say, I was expecting something a little bit different from the human deaths but aside from the text box, it plays out exactly the same. It did put kind of a downer on Splash Fest, though. Blaine and Whitney are adorable-I'm glad they both inherited their dad's red hair. And man...that toddler picture. I don't think I've been thhat frustrated with this game in a long time. Trying to get 18 toddlers to stay still long enough to get a picture of them was maddening-even with autonomy off. (I would have used the Moschino subject markers, but your Sim needs to know the subject before directing them to stand there. And even if I did have Lorelei introduce herself to all of them, the first ones would give up before the last ones got over there.) I ended up having to do a different arrangement than what is included in the post. This was the final result:


No comments:

Post a Comment