Thursday, October 24, 2019

Lytle 1: Round 20



Last round, Emerald and Hosnian were busy raising their two daughters, Jade and Fern. Jade grew from a toddler to a child, with Fern not far behind her. As a surprise at the end of the week, the family also adopted a puppy named Coco.


Who I see is enjoying snuggle time right now. Hi, Jade.

Jade: Hi, mysterious voice. Isn't Coco so cute?

She sure is. 


Jade: I can't wait to show her to everyone at Harvestfest!

Ah, I see you guys get to host the big dinner.

Jade: Yeah. Mom's really worried about it, too. She's been making us clean everything.


Emerald: I thought you were going to fix the sink today. It still looks like a swimming pool in that bathroom.

Hosnian: Em, the dinner's not for another few days. We've got time.

Emerald: I know. I just want my brothers to see that they don't need to protect me anymore, that's all.


Well, choosing a career is a good first step...wait, hadn't you picked one before now?

Emerald: No, I was just going the publishing route, but this seemed a bit more official.


I guess being a freelancer does leave more time for school projects...


And dog birthdays, too...


That's quite a growth spurt...


It looks like Coco will be the one doing the hugging from now on.


Emerald: Pine, what are you doing here? Harvestfest isn't for another 3 days.

Pine: I know, I know. I just wanted to check and see if there is anything you guys needed us to bring...

Emerald: No, I think we've got everything covered.


How about some monster spray?


Emerald: Ok, honey. The bed's safe now.

Fern: Are you sure?

Emerald: Yes, I'm sure. Now come on and get some sleep. You've got a busy day tomorrow.


And it looks like she's not the only one.


Congrats, Hosnian...


Don't tell me you're going through the bear costume phase too...

Jade: It's for my drama club play! Isn't it cool?

I guess...


...just not for picture day.

Jade: Dad, can I please wear my bear costume?

Hosnian: No, Jade. We're all wearing green...

Jade: No fair. You get to wear your bear hat...

She's got a point there, Hosnian.

Hosnian: (sigh) Fine. I'll take it off for the picture. But we have to hurry; they'll be here soon!


Look out, everyone. The Lytle clan is assembling...


At least now I can tell Rey and Padme apart from Fern.

Fern: Yeah, for now! But I'm almost big like them. And then we'll look the same again.

Padme: Sure you are, Fern.


Emerald: Time for dinner, everyone!


Where is everyone else eating?

Emerald: Oh, we just kind of spread out all over.

Forest: I don't think there is a table that could fit all of us.


Fern: So what did the plant look like? Did it have like, giant teeth?

Leia: (laughs) You kids have so many questions...

Well, I think I would too if one of my relatives fought a plant monster.

Leia: Tell you what, Fern. Next time you come over I can show you the piece of it I brought home.

Fern: You have a piece of the plant monster in your house? You're the coolest aunt ever!


Nice going there, Hosnian...

Hosnian: Who doesn't like pies?

Evidently gnomes...maybe you should find a reason to go out today.

Hosnian: Like what? It's Day of Digestion. Everything's closed...


Yes, which makes it a perfect day for a school play. I haven't seen this come up before.


Come on, everyone. Let's hope the gnomes calm down while you're away.


Emerald: You did great! I'm so proud of you!

Jade: Thanks, Mom...but....can I please keep the bear costume?

Emerald: (sigh) Sure, honey...come on. It's time for cake.

You made a cake for her play?

Emerald: Well, not exactly...


Ah, I see. Happy birthday, dear Hosnian...


Man, you guys are growing up fast...


Hosnian: You're telling me. I just checked the calendar again and Jade's almost a teenager.

Yeah, enjoy it now because they'll be in college before you know it...

Hosnian: Wait...they'll be in what?

Nothing, nothing. Forget it. Um...I've got to get going to the next house now. I'll see you guys next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Nothing too eventful here, I know. Just nice family time. It's always fun when the Lytles get together, but man is it chaotic. (This is also why Hosnian's side of the family didn't make an appearance at Harvestfest. Just the Lytles was enough.) The drama club play event was a nice touch, even if it was just a rabbit hole that gave everybody a good moodlet. And you may have noticed the little hint at the end that yes, University is finally on its' way! I haven't figured out yet how I plan to work Uni into the rounds. Right now, I'm leaning towards a "special" at the end of round 20 where everyone who "wants to" go to Uni but is already a YA or older can go, then send all the new YA's at the end of each round beyond that. I'll have to wait for more info on how exactly things like aging and households work, though. Until then, there's still another pack that we haven't seen much of yet so it's time to move to the Kaukers.


1 comment:

  1. Happy happy Harvest Day! The bear costume is a coveted item! Glad she got to keep it. :)

    ReplyDelete