Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Palmer 2: Round 20


Last round, Azalea Palmer sadly passed away from old age. Her daughter Rose opted to process her grief by joining a new club and becoming very close with the other members. This, of course, led to her becoming pregnant, with twin girls no less. All of this worried Rose's siblings, but she insisted that she could do it on her own-though, this didn't stop her from welcoming another one of her new friends over for an afternoon, which led to the second set of twins named Crocus and Poppy.


And I see things are going swimmingly here...

Rose: Ok, you're all changed. Now let's get you downstairs...

Downstairs?

Rose: Oh, yeah...you haven't been here in a while. Come on, I'll show you.



Well, I can see you have been busy while I was gone...this is quite the setup you've got here.

Rose: Isn't it great? It's even got its own little kitchen so I don't have to lug food up and down the stairs.

Uh-huh...speaking of food, you seem to be very dressed up for breakfast time...

Rose: Oh, well, once they eat I have some...errands to run.


Errands, huh? And who, exactly, is watching the kids?

Rose: Oh, they'll be fine at daycare for a few hours...


Rose: Hi there...you must be new.

Leon: Yeah, I just moved to town and someone suggested this group for me to make some new friends...

Rose: Oh, absolutely. We're all super close...


And here we go...


Um, guys? I know that this is kind of the vibe of this group and...you know, you do you, but crowding around the closet and cheering them on might be a bit much...


Uh-huh...right on cue.


Rose: Guess what? You two are going to be a big brother and sister soon!

Um, I don't mean to interrupt this moment that they are totally old enough to understand, but...don't you have to go to work tomorrow?



Rose: Oh, relax, will you? I'm hiring a nanny...


Oh, good. Nanny Faith is back. We haven't seen her in a while.


And it looks like she's got her work cut out for her.


Huh, it seems like Aunt Lily wants to come over...

Rose: Eh, sure, why not? I can use all the help I can get.

Yeah, not sensing much of a twin bond going on with these two. 


Lily: Do you really think it's a good idea to keep them corraled in the basement like this?

Rose: It's not like I have them in a dungeon...they've got everything they could ever need down here.

Lily: I guess, but don't you think they should be, like, interacting with people?

Rose: That's what that group is for, isn't it? Besides, it's not like they're ever alone down here. In case you hadn't noticed, there's two of them...


Make that 4 of them...


Happy birthday, dear Crocus and Poppy...


Ok, I can work with silly...


Oh, a redhead. That's a surprise...


And we've got another charmer...


I don't know where those blue eyes came from, but at least they will help me tell her apart from Iris and Amaryllis...


...especially since you gave her the exact same hairstyle. Really?

Rose: What? I think it's cute.


Oh, good. Chompy II is still around. I was getting worried there for a minute. 


Poppy: Come play!

Crocus: No! Come dance!

Amaryllis: I'm hungry!

Good luck, Nanny Faith...


Well, I guess extra income is a good thing...


Um...do I want to know what happened?

Amaryllis: Mama had an accident...

Rose: No I didn't...one of you probably just spilled something on the chair. I'll...be right back. Nobody touch anything!



Um...sure, why not.


That extra money could come in handy.


And I see once again we are forgoing the hospital.


It's a girl! Welcome, Lavender...


And another girl...welcome, Lilac...


So...3 sets of twins. In a row.

Rose: I know. Can you believe it?


No, not really...and I don't think your family can either.


Daisy: Wow...you look great. When I gave birth to twins it took me weeks to lose the weight.

Rose: Well, you know, chasing the older ones is a good workout.

Daisy: Yeah, I bet...you want to come inside?


Daisy: So, Rose...are you sure you're ok with all this? I mean, 6 kids that close together....that's a lot.

Rose: No, it's fine...I've got it figured out. I've got a whole system figured out. Didn't Lily tell you?


Speaking of Lily...


Rose: Hey, there...I didn't expect to see you two out here. Where's your Mommy?

Strange seeing a toddler in the daylight, is it?


Rose: Are they your greeting committee now?

Lily: Yeah, silly me. I have this weird idea that they should be allowed to go outside...

Rose: Will you stop? You act like I locked them in a dungeon.

Lily: A colorful basement with toys is still a basement, Rose.

Rose: Well, it's working, isn't it? I mean, you saw them. They're completely happy down there.


Amaryllis: Maybe there's monsters up there...

Poppy: What? No there's not...

Iris: Uh-huh...yeah there are. That's why only Mama can go up there.

Yeah, I can see they're super well adjusted...


And speaking of monsters it looks like it's Candy Fest...


Which around here just means that they get to tear up the basement dressed as monsters...


I see Chompy II has been put on guard duty...


Although I think he's going to need some help. Get ready for 6 toddlers at once...


Happy birthday, dear Lavender and Lilac...


Clingy...somehow I don't think that will work out well.


At least she's got a different hair color...


And another charmer. I'll admit, I like this streak more than the fussy one we had at the beginning of the round.


...Well, at least I can tell Lavender and Lilac apart from the other kids, if not from each other.


Ok, they might be headache-inducing, but they are very cute.



Thankfully we won't have 6 toddlers for very long...


Happy birthday dear Amaryllis...


Yeah, I can see how she would develop a desire to play outside.


Happy birthday dear Iris...


...Something tells me we won't be indulging the cat lover trait right away.


Hey, you're out of the basement!

Iris: Yup! We're big now so we get to move to the big kid room!


So I guess there aren't monsters up here after all, huh?

Iris: Nope! Except for this one I drew!


Wow, I've never seen this pop up before. At least someone's paying attention to them. I've got to be moving on to the next house now, but you may want to give Faith a cot or something. I think she's going to be here for a while. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Man, this house...you know, when I decided to do the whole "100-baby challenge lite" with Rose, I don't think I thought that all the way through. The toddler basement strategy was as much for my sanity as it was for Rose. (And yeah, there was no playgroup on this lot. These guys are their own playgroup.)  The only reason I didn't switch Rose over to freelance programming is that her aspiration requires her to be in the actual tech guru career. It's a good thing I lucked out with my save's nanny (from what I understand my experience with Fath is not the norm) because she was this family's saving grace. 


1 comment: