Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Bernard 5: Round 21



Last round, both Chimney and Balcony adjusted to life in high school. Chimney took up a new hobby of crafting items out of recycled scraps, and Balcony finally got her wish of a new kitten, Patches. Meanwhile, Thunder aged into an elder, while Alderaan continued to advance in the entertainment career. 


Hi, Chimney! How's it going?

Chimney: Oh, ok, I guess...hey, wait....where have you been?

Yeah, I know, I know. But listen, I need to chat with your parents real quick. Where are they?

Chimney: Uh...I think Mom's in the living room with Balcony...


Alderaan: That's it! You're getting it!

Oh, sorry...am I interrupting a music lesson?

Alderaan: Mysterious voice? Is that you?

Yeah...I know. It's been awhile. But I actually have something important to tell you all about...where's Thunder?

Alderaan: He's at work. He's on this new late-night schedule...kind of annoying, really.

(sigh) Ok, well, I guess I've got all week...


Oh, Who is this?

Chimney: Oh, yeah...mysterious voice, meet Carlie. 

Carlie? Who's Carlie?

Chimney: My girlfriend....

Girlfriend? Since when do you have a girlfriend?

Chimney: Well, if you had bothered to stop by sooner...


Ok, ok. I get it...


Oh, good. Thunder...listen. I wanted to talk to you guys about something...

Thunder: Hey! You stupid cat! Get off of there. I'm trying to hide eggs!

Um...what?


Oh, it's Egg Fest. And it looks like it's Chimney's birthday as well. Happy birthday, dear Chimney...


Oops...looks like I missed the cake shot. And good luck to Chimney being a chef with those traits... 


Congrats, Chimney.

Chimney: Thanks...


Oh, and I guess we're doing Carlie here too. Happy birthday dear Carlie...


And I guess her traits will remain a mystery for now.


Carlie: Can you believe it? We're really done with high school!

Chimney: I know, right? It's like...what do we do now?

Well, you know, there's still the whole college thing...

Chimney: Oh, yeah, that...but that's not for awhile yet.


Well, it looks like you've found something to fill the time...but any news on the college front?


Ah...nice job, Chimney...


Chimney: Ahh! 

Thunder: It's ok, it's ok...it's just me!

Chimney: Dad?

Oh, right...I forgot about Thunder's ridiculous work outfit.


And it looks like Patches is getting a head start on taking apart Chimney's room. 


Balcony: Who's a good kitty? Who's a good boy?

Um...you know he was just scratching your brother's chair, right?


Chimney: Hey, thanks for coming over...there's...um, something I wanted to ask you...


Chimney: Will you marry me?


I think she said yes!


Congrats, Thunder. Let's hope he gets a better outfit...


And I guess Balcony got her acceptance letter too. Nice job!


Chimney: No, no...that's fine. I wasn't planning on eating those or anything. (sigh) Come on, I'll bring you inside.


Chimney: Ah...hey, stop that!

Looks like Chimney doesn't have his sister's touch with the cat.


Oh, come on...not you too. 

Balcony: What?

Let me guess...this is your boyfriend?

Marcus: What?

Balcony: No! This is my friend Marcus! What's wrong with you?

Oh...oops. Sorry. 


Hey, nice job Alderaan!


Chimney: And that's my yogurt...

Balcony: Patches! You're such a silly boy...

Chimney: That's one word for it...


Well, luckily the two of you will be off to college before too long.


Balcony: So, you're telling me my cousin's "treats" actually worked?

Carrie: Worked? They were a miracle! Gary's just like he was when I was a kid! Do you think your cousin could give me a whole bunch of those things?

Balcony: Um...I guess...


Speaking of cousins...

Chimney: Hey, Snow. What's up?

Snow: Hey...I heard about you and Carlie. Congratulations, man...


Ok, let's get this show on the road. Happy birthday, dear Balcony...


Huh...that's an interesting combination...


And we look exactly the same...


Ok, well, with that out of the way it looks like it's time for me to be moving on. But I really do need to chat with everybody about something...it might be time for another town announcement. 



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yeah, I know. It's been way too long. I've been trying to get back in the habit of updating for months now. But now that infants are officially on their way, I figured I should at least get caught up to where I am in my actual game. And to answer the most important question-yes, Thunder did in fact get a better work outfit after getting promoted. 









No comments:

Post a Comment