Thursday, January 19, 2023

Lytle 4: Round 21

 


Last round, the Lytle family moved from the realm of too many kids to the land of too many teenagers, with Tylenol joining his brother Zyrtec in high school. Meanwhile, the twins Claritin and Allegra split up between after school activities, and a competition emerged between the two. 


Hi, Hunter!

Hunter: Hey...what's up with this letter everyone got?

Well, I just wanted to get everyone together and make a quick little announcement. 

Hunter: You can't just...tell me now?

No, this is really something everyone needs to hear at once.


Tylenol: Phew! What were you rolling in?

Probably better you don't know...


And I see you're still taking the easy approach to your last few days of school.

Zyrtec: Hey, my applications are already in. What's the use in wearing myself out now?


Luckily Allegra seems to have avoided her brother's influence...


Nice job, Allegra...


Claritin: Guess what? I just heard we're going to be putting on a show for the whole school next week!

Zyrtec: What do you care? You're going to be in high school by then.

Claritin: Oh, yeah...I forgot. Hey, can you show me what the high school kids are doing? Then I'll already have it practiced when I get there!

I think that's cheating, Claritin.


Hey, nice going Hunter.


Congrats on the promotion.

Hunter: Thanks...so, how about that news?

I told you-I have to tell everyone at once.

Hunter: I know, I know. But how about a hint?

Ok, fine....it's not something that will be directly affecting you guys for a little while.

Hunter: ...You know that doesn't exactly motivate me to go, right?

Hey, you asked for a hint!


Ok, we have one cake on the table, another on in the oven. That can only mean one thing...


Time for a double birthday!


Wow, you're manning the grill?

Tylenol: Are you kidding? This is a Lytle family party. We have to take shifts or we'll all starve. 


Yeah, that makes sense...


Ok, let's get this show on the road. Happy Birthday, dear Claritin...


Uh-huh...no surprises there.


Um...while I appreciate the commitment to the color coding, I'm not sure about the hairstyle.


Happy birthday, dear Allegra...


And no surprises here either. 


What is with these kids and spontaneous nose piercing? Come on, let's get you two to a mirror.


There we go...much better.


This was probably easier when they were toddlers, huh?

Zyrtec: Yeah, no kidding...


Nice room makeover...

Allegra: Thanks...um, Milkshake? This isn't really a good time.


Hey, Moss...Wow, we haven't gone bowling here in a long time...


Yup...nothing like a bunch of older adults trying a new activity...


Hunter: Ok, here goes nothing...


Forest: Ow!

Careful, Forest...you can't really be a doctor for yourself.


Looks like Milkshake is now just Allegra's fitness coach...


Claritin: Look! Over there!

...Over where?

Claritin: I'm practicing my lines...

Oh, ok...I guess you're still in drama club, then?

Claritin: As a matter of fact, I have the lead in our next play.

Oh, very cool...


Leigh: So, Zyrtec? Any news to share?

Zyrtec: No, Mom...

Leigh: Well, have you checked? 

Zyrtec: Yeah, I checked like...yesterday. Or maybe the day before?


Maybe you should check again...


See? And it's good news to boot. 


Still got your canine coach?

Allegra: I just hope I'm not tiring him out...




Yeah, I don't think you have to worry about anything there.


Looks like he's getting into the spirit of the holiday...


Tylenol: Hey! Quit it! 

Glad to see you can still have some fun in the pool too. 


Tylenol: So, how's it feel?

Zyrtec: How's what feel?

Tylenol: You know...being an adult?

Zyrtec: I'm not an adult yet, dude...

So I gather that you lucked out with a Splash Fest birthday?

Zyrtec: Yeah..we're having some people over later.


Oh...hi Balcony...long time no see.

Zyrtec: Hey, thanks for coming by.

Balcony: No problem...so, when's the big event?


Right now, apparently. Happy birthday, dear Zyrtec...


Well, these traits should make college...interesting.


And we're all hanging out in Claritin's room...without Claritin. Yup...very normal.


Looks like it's fireworks time...hold your breath everyone...


Phew...


Well, I guess that's one down, three to go, huh?

Claritin: Speaking of...I was thinking that after Zyrtec moves out, can I turn his room into a closet?

I guess the drama club bond has worn off between these two.


And I guess Allegra finally hit her limit...you know, I think this would be as good a time as any for me to be on my way. I'll see all of you at the town meeting!


(Yes, I had to restructure the university groupings a bit.)



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: They're all grown up! I have to say, I was a little sad seeing Claritin and Allegra become teens. They were the last of the Lytle kids to age up. And yes, eventually we will see the town meeting-I figured since I missed the holiday special this year, it could kind of serve the same purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment