Thursday, January 19, 2023

Bernard 6: Round 21


Last round, middle child Toronto joined his sister Madrid in high school, but not before the whole family got the chance to star in a cinematic production. Youngest daughter Paris had an especially good time, while Han and Lori got to recreate a wedding for themselves in the process.


Hi, guys! I trust everyone got the letter about the town meeting?

Madrid: Yeah...why do we all have to go, though? Can't you just...tell us what's going on?

Well, sure...but what fun would that be?


Paris: Dad...I'm bored...

Han: (sigh) You have a ton of toys in your room...

Paris: But I'm bored with them!

Han: Why don't you go outside with your brother?


Toronto: Ow! Dad! Your stupid bees are angry again!

I think that's why not...


Also, fires...


Madrid: Hi, Moat! Thanks for coming. My dad always makes these things super cringy.

Moat: Hey, no problem. My dad does too...so, when do we start?

Madrid: Dad's setting up the fire pit out back. Come on...if we hurry we can still catch the show.


Um, Paris? Isn't this your sister's closet?

Paris: Yeah...

Do you think she'd be ok with you playing around in here?

Paris: What does she care? She's downstairs with her boyfriend...besides, I'm not touching anything...

Well, maybe you should go to your own closet and get dressed. It's almost campfire time.


Ah, I see we went with the stone chairs...very good choice.


Madrid: Yes! I did it!

Did what?


Hey, nice job.


Too bad there's no beekeeper badge...

Toronto: Ow! Hey, stupid bees! What did I do?

I mean, you are holding a plate of fruit.


Paris: Look! Mom's teaching me how to make breakfast!

Lori: It'll be ready in just a few minutes...

Madrid: I think I'll stick with my leftovers...thanks.


Paris: Dad, look! I can almost play the whole song!


Nice job, Paris...


Madrid: Ugh...what is up with the bees? 

You know it might help if you all stopped eating outside...where the bees are.


Um...Haiti? Why are you asking Paris this question? I mean, I guess technically you are distant relatives but still...she's a kid.


Congrats, Lori...


And good news for Madrid as well.


Lori: Shoo! Shoo! I swear, I'm pushing the stupid bee box into the pool!


Oh, hey Crayola...what are you doing here?

Crayola: Well, I ordered a birthday gift for Toronto but it just came in...

Toronto: Oh, really? Awesome...


Oh, fake meat....odd choice for a present but whatever...


Lori: Hey, what's wrong?

Madrid: Ugh...it's my stupid college letter...

Lori: But...didn't you get into the program you wanted?

Madrid: Yeah, but...like nothing else! I mean, everyone else got into like, all of the distinguished programs and I got into like, two. 


Lori: So? As long as you got into the one you wanted! Besides, it's not like you haven't been doing anything. I mean, you've been a huge help to your dad and me with your brother and sister...plus, you've been doing all those scout badges...


Lori: You're going to do great, honey.

Madrid: Thanks, Mom, but...could you not call me honey for a little bit?

Lori: Are your arms still hurting from the bees, too?

Madrid: Uh-huh...I guess that's one of the perks of college, huh? Being away from dad's bees?


Well, now that that's settled...let's head on to the birthday party!


And I guess we're getting right to it...Happy birthday, dear Madrid...


Ok, nothing too out of the ordinary here...


And I guess she's ready to go now!


Wait...didn't we just finish a birthday party?

Madrid: This one's for Paris.


Oh, I see...


Huh...I'll have to keep an eye on these two.


...Really?


Ok, let's get this show on the road. Happy birthday, dear Paris...


Huh...that kind of makes sense given how much fun she had making that video...


But that hairstyle does not.


There we go...much better.


And it looks like Han's going to be even more outnumbered by the redheads next round. All right, guys. I'll be on my way now. See you at the meeting!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Another one aged up. The teenage pool is really expanding this round. I don't know why I haven't deleted the stupid bee box from this lot yet, but it's kind of funny how often everyone except Han gets swarmed. I don't think Han's been attacked by them once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment