Thursday, January 19, 2023

Bernard 7: Round 21


Last round, Bahama and Sage struggled with balancing their entertainer schedules with raising their three children. By the end of the week, the family had left the toddler years behind them as all three kids were in school.


Hi, guys!

Sage: Oh...hi...um, aren't you early?

Early?

Sage: Yeah...don't you usually go to Sadness and Cyrus's house before you come here?

Oh...yeah...um, well, slight change of plans this round. So, what are we doing? Story time?

Basket: Dad's reading me a story about a warewolf! Dad, do you think I'm ever going to see a real werewolf?

Sage: No, honey...it's just a story.


Um...you may want to rethink that, Sage...


Basket: Wow...I knew it! Hi, I'm Basket...what's your name?

Greg: (Growls)


Basket? A good rule of thumb...if someone is glowing red, they're probably not your friend...


Kumquat: Hey, Crate...ready to go?

Crate: Yeah...just give me a minute. You sure you don't want to come to scouts?

Drum: Nah, it's not like they'll miss me...besides, I've got something else going on.

Kumquat: Like what?

Crate: Not your experiment table again...

Drum: Hey, one day when I invent a potion that makes you fly you'll all be super jealous...


Well, I don't know about that, but it did help you complete your aspiration. Nice job, Drum...


Just in the nick of time!


...Haiti? I think we need to have a talk.


I almost want to say yes just to stop these calls...


Sage: Hey, check this out...oops...

Maybe stick to music, Sage...


Drum: Hi, Tylenol...thanks for coming!

Tylenol: Of course! Hey, do you guys have a magician or something? I could have sworn I saw someone throwing steaks in the air as I was walking up.


Ok, let's get this show on the road before Sage ends up with a new career. Happy birthday, dear Drum....


Ok, that can work...


But that hat and sweater cannot. To the mirror with you!


And I guess Bahama had to miss the party?

Bahama: Only part of it...but I have to admit, this is getting old.


Ah, there we go. Much better. All ready for your first day of...

Oh...this is new. Um...sure, why not?


Principal:Hello, young man. I don't believe I've seen you here before...is today your first day?

Drum: Uh, yeah...my name's Drum Bernard...


Ok, that's a lot of information...I guess we're in class 1?


Ok, I see some familiar faces...


I wonder what they're learning about...


Oh...well, I guess I have my answer.


Trust me, Drum...listen to those announcements. You never know when it will be a spontaneous half day.


Hey, Fern!

Fern: Mysterious voice? You...you can come to school now?

Trust me, I'm as surprised as you are.


So, um...what's with the matching shirts?

Trumpet: Oh, today's club day. Tatooine and Fern are both in the computer club, and I'm in chess.

That is...not what I expected from any of you, but ok...


Let's not get in trouble on our first day, shall we?



Jade: Hey, Drum! Over here!

Drum: Oh, hey Jade.

Jade: Drum, this is Savannah. She's in my math class.

Savannah: Hey, what's up.

Jade: Listen, a bunch of us are going to go hit up the bubble tea shop after school...want to come?

Drum: Eh, I'd like to but I'd probably better head home. You know, Crate and Basket.

Jade: Oh, come on. It's not like they're toddlers. What could possibly happen if you're not there?


Well, your little sister could set herself on fire, for one thing...


Luckily Drum was here...


Bahama: Oh, my...

What?

Bahama: I just saw the picture Sage sent me after Basket's little dryer mishap.

He sent you a picture?

Bahama: Well, only after she was safe. I can't believe I wasn't here...I'd better go check on her.


Actually, it looks like Drum's already tucked her in.

Bahama: Oh, right...that makes sense. It is late, after all. I'd probably better just head to bed myself, and...


Huh?


Oh...oops. Sorry, Bahama...

Bahama: (sigh) It's ok...


Drum: Hey, I know you. Aren't you in my English class?

Sidney: Yeah, my name's Sidney. I saw you talking to my sister yesterday...Savannah?

Drum: Oh, yeah...tell her I'm sorry I had to skip out on the bubble tea.

Sidney: That's ok, I couldn't go either. Cheerleading practice, you know.

Drum: You're a cheerleader? 


Oh, ok...not exactly what I was planning but let's roll with this.



Drum: So, have you started your essay for English yet?

Sidney: Nah...I can't seem to decide where to start.

Drum: Well, if you want, you can come over after school and I can help you out. 


Sidney: Wish I could, but I gotta watch my little brother. You want to come over to my place instead?

Drum: You have a little brother? I have a little brother! And a little sister! I'll bring them! I mean, it'll be good for them to make a new friend, right?


Basket: How long do you think they're gonna be up there?

Jayden: I dunno...you guys want to watch a movie or something?

Yeah, I can see they're really bonding there.


And somehow this doesn't look like essay-writing to me.


But it does look like we've got ourselves a prom date!


And a boyfriend!


Sidney: This is so exciting! I've got to start planning my outfit right now!

Drum: You...have more than one formal outfit?

Sidney: Of course! I have so much to show you...

Well, for right now you may want to get your brother and sister home...

Drum: Oh, right...where are they, anyway?


Well, I found one of them. Um, Basket? What are you doing?

Basket: I found Jayden's sister's room...it's so cool in here!

Yes, it is...but you're not here to sneak around in other people's rooms.


Basket: Mom, I want a cool big kid room like Jayden's sister!

Bahama: Oh, honey, don't be in such a rush to grow up. You'll be in high school too before you know it.


Drum: Ok...I can do this...I can do this...

It's just a treadmill, Drum.

Drum: Easy for you to say. What if I fall off and break a leg or something?

Well...one more thing to accessorize?


Drum: Oh, hey Savannah. Have you seen Sydney today? I wanted to ask him what he's wearing to...

Savannah: Oh, Drum...you haven't heard yet, have you?

Drum: Heard what?


Savannah: Last night...our mom...she went for a walk by the river out back and...it all happened so fast...

Wait...what?


Hold on...there was definitely one more person in that household yesterday...


Wow...was not expecting that...


Basket: I'm real sorry about your mom, Jayden. 

Jayden: Thanks...and thanks for coming over. 



Crate: Mom! You're home!

Bahama: Yeah, I finally got an early night...what's all this about?

Crate: Mom...Jayden's mom died yesterday!

Bahama: Oh, no...that's awful.


Crate: Mom, can we just do my birthday here? I don't feel like having a big party.

Bahama: Of course, honey. We'll do the cake right after your sister gets home. Why don't you go play on your monkey bars until then.


And it looks like he got his aspiration in under the radar too.


Basket: Wow...there's like, so many stars.

Jayden: Yeah...I wonder if my mom's on one of them. Maybe that one? Or that one there?

Basket: Maybe she's on the moon? You know, so she can have more space?

Jayden: Yeah...yeah, that makes sense. Mom always needed way more space than dad...

Basket: I gotta go soon. It's Crate's birthday. You can come if you want.

Jayden: Nah...I'm not really up for a birthday. Thanks for hanging out with me, though. You're a good friend.


Yeah, given the circumstances I can see why we're keeping this low-key. Happy birthday, dear Crate...


Huh...that's a new one.


And he looks just like his brother...right down to the striped shirt.


Oh, hi Sidney. I'm so sorry about your mom.

Sidney: Thanks, um...weird ghost lady.

Drum: Hey, listen...about Prom...don't worry about it.

Sidney: You serious?

Drum: Yeah. I mean, it's just a dance, right?


Well, whatever it is, it's starting now.

Sydney: Listen, you should still go. Have a good time.


Plus, now it looks like Crate gets to attend too...even though he hasn't technically been to school yet. 


Glad to see everyone else is having fun.


Drum: Sydney?

Sydney: Yup...

Drum: But I thought...

Sydney: Look...my mom would want me to be happy. And right now, that means going to the prom with you. 


Aww...





Aww, and Jade won prom royalty! 


Looks like it was a good night for everyone!

Sidney: Hey, where's your brother?


Tylenol: You don't think anyone saw us, do you?

Crate: Not a chance...

Um, guys? It's usually not a good idea to have photographic evidence of a prank...


Oh, an after party? Well, I guess that could be fun...but if my memory serves correctly it could also just be falling asleep in a movie theater.


Or hanging out at the pier in the rain...great planning there, Trumpet.


Looks like these two are checking out the tunnel of love...


Um...let's lean into it, I guess?


Oh, oops...


Drum: Sorry, that...wasn't my best moment.

Sydney: It's ok. Hey man, for what it's worth...I had a really great time tonight. 

Drum: I did too.

Aww, what a sweet ending. But I really do have to be on my way now...I'll see all of you at the town meeting!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Well, that was quite a ride. I initially was just planning on exploring the high school pack with these guys, but then neighborhood stories took over. I have my game set to not apply neighborhood stories to any of my played houses...but Sidney wasn't in a played house. (And yes, I am aware that I spelled his name wrong on every single picture.) I'm just glad the game didn't have him show up at school the next day, because otherwise I might not have noticed. I only found out because when Drum went to talk to Savannah, she had the "console about death" option.  Basket did actually end up becoming really good friends with Jayden, too, so that might turn into something down the road. Oh, and just a heads up-I don't know if or when more werewolf content will show up. Besides the one interaction with Basket, I didn't see another one the entire week.


No comments:

Post a Comment