Friday, May 8, 2020

Kauker 2: Round 20



Last round, Gemini and Libra both tried their hands at romance. Thankfully, the objects of their affections were twins Mark and Harrison Palmer, which made things a bit easier logistically. Gemini and Mark hit it off right away, but Harrison seemed less comfortable with romance than his brother which led Libra to question their relationship. Thankfully, Harrison managed to put his discomfort aside and by the end of the week we had two happy couples. Meanwhile, Leanna's comedy career began to take off with her performing gigs around town.


Hi, Gemini...

Gemini: Oh, hey mysterious voice...sorry, I'm a little distracted today.

Let me guess...college application time?

Gemini: How did you...

It's going to be a running theme around here for awhile. How's it going?

Gemini: Fine, I guess...it doesn't help that we've got so much else going on around here.


Man, you're not kidding. It's going to be a busy week.


Hey, Galaxy...

Galaxy: Oh, hi.

What are you up to?

Galaxy: Oh, you know. Just getting some writing done.

With Leanna practicing her comedy in the background? That must take some focus.

Galaxy: Oh, it's fine. Worst case scenario, I can just type what she's saying and sell it as a comedy book.

Well, that's one strategy...


So, are those what I think they are?

Gemini: No, they're not the big one. These are just my scholarship results.

Well, that's exciting too...


Nice job.

Gemini: Thanks.

Any word yet on the actual college application?


Gemini: Does "it's still not ready" count?

I guess it'll have to. But it looks like we've got some other things to attend to, anyway.


No big party?

Gemini: You saw the calendar, right? There's no time.

Ok, then. Happy birthday, dear Gemini...


Too bad she didn't roll genius before applying to college...


Leanna: I keep telling you-stay away from the fireplace!

Looks like she didn't inherit that from her father.


All right! Nice job! 

Gemini: Thanks.


Gemini: Ok, now open yours...

Wait...you're application is in too?

Libra: Yeah...I'm graduating this week too.

Oh, yeah I guess you are. I always forget how close in age you two are.


Not too bad from Libra, either...


Ok, well, now that college is all settled, let's move on to another birthday...


Oh, and Winterfest, I guess. Man, this is a crazy week.


Galaxy: Just think...this might be the last time we get to do this...

Libra: Dad, I'm moving back home after I finish...

Galaxy: I know, but...

Gemini: And it's not like I'm going to never come back here again.


Ok, let's save the future planning for another time. Father Winter is here...


Galaxy: So, do I get two presents because it's my birthday or what?


Yeah...Father Winter brought you old age!


And it looks like the moment came at a really bad time...

Galaxy: Yeah, just a bit...


Birthday number 3, coming up! 


And another birthday/holiday combo...


Galaxy: Ok, guys...Winterfest breakfast is ready!

Winterfest breakfast?

Galaxy: Well, we have other plans for dinner.


Wait, I thought Gemini already had her birthday.

Gemini: I did. This one's Libra's. I just planned the party.

Oh, I see.


Moat: Happy birthday, Libra...hey, congrats on the college thing.

Libra: Thanks...have you gotten your applications in yet?

Moat: No, we won't be ready for a little while. Hey, do you mind showing me what you put on yours?

Libra: I didn't really...put anything on mine. I just wrote my name on it and sent it off.

Moat: So then how did they know what you were good at and stuff?

Libra: I don't know...they just kind of knew, I guess.



Planet: How you feeling there, old man?

Galaxy: Hey, you're not that far behind me...


Libra: Have you guys heard anything back yet?

Mark: No, we're both still waiting. I wish they would hurry up and get here already.

Celestial: You guys have to promise to call me every day! I want to hear everything!

Ocean: Are you guys nervous? Because I think I'm going to be like, super nervous when I go.

Libra: A little, I guess.

At least you and Gemini get to go together.

Ocean: Hey, yeah! Are you guys going to share a room?

Libra: I don't know...maybe. Man, that will be weird. We never shared a room, even when we were little kids. 



Ok, well, we'd better take care of this before we have another awkward moment like your Dad. Happy birthday, dear Libra...


Ok, Active works...


And there we go! It looks like both of you are officially graduated.


Galaxy: Just think...this is our last family breakfast...

Libra: Dad, we've been over this...I'm going to move back in as soon as I'm done.

Galaxy: I know, I know....it's just...I'm going to miss you girls so much.

You know, I think I'll let you guys have your family moment in peace. Libra and Gemini, I'll see you guys at college! And I'll see everyone else next round.




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Hi, everyone. Hope everyone is staying safe. I've been getting a lot of playtime in, but not a lot of blog updates. And seeing as how we now have another pack on the way, I figured I should probably pick up the pace so we can actually see some University posts. As it is, the next few houses are going to be all about college applications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment