Sunday, June 7, 2020

Lytle 3: Round 20



Last round, the Lytle family was adjusting to life with their new dog, Snowcone. Unfortunately, Snowcone didn't turn out to be the friendliest dog in the neighborhood, and the family found themselves having to learn dog training on the fly. The only one who was successful seemed to be Unicorn, who also grew from a child to a teen. 


Morning, guys! 

Forest: Hi, mysterious voice. 

So, anything exciting going on?

Forest: Not really. Kind of an uneventful week around here.


Ok, one holiday and one birthday. That's not too bad...


And I see Snowcone is still out terrorizing the public....


So, I noticed that Snowcone is still...how should I phrase this...

Anna: An absolute terror?

Unicorn: Mom!

Well, you said it...I didn't. But anyway, um....you know there are these things called fences...and these other things called leashes...

Anna: Yeah, we looked into putting up a fence. Way more than we can afford.

...Your husband is a doctor...


Speaking of...nice job, Forest.

Forest: Thanks.


Unicorn: Good girl, Snowcone...stay...

So I take it you're still the dog whisperer around here?

Unicorn: Yeah. I don't know why, but she seems to listen to me.

It's a good thing you're inheriting the house then. You're probably the only thing keeping her from destroying the place.


Ok, looks like it's New Year's Eve. Time to pick a resolution...


Might I suggest "Stay away from the fireplace?"


And this is where having a chef for a wife pays off, I guess. You must be pretty good at putting out fires by now.

Anna: Unfortunately, yes. But it comes with the territory. I mean, who else is going to do it?

Well...you know what, never mind. I'll tell you when you're...less busy.


So, no big party this time?

Anna: No, we're still partied out from Winterfest.

Well, a family New Years can be fun too.


Everyone: 3...2...1...


Everyone: Happy New Year!



Ok, that was nice. 


Oh, hey Zyrtec.

Zyrtec: Hey...

Dragon: You know, you might finish your homework faster if you actually open your book.

Zyrtec: Eh, who cares. I already submitted those college application things this morning.

Dragon: So? It's not like school stops grading you.

Zyrtec: Yeah, but it's not like my grades matter anymore. How much can they go down, anyway?


Dragon: There! All done!

What's all done?

Dragon: My college applications. Now I can just sit back and relax...

You don't actually believe your cousin, do you?

Dragon: I mean, he's got a point...why bother with all that school stuff now? I'm pretty much done. 


(Sigh) Look, we can discuss your sudden bout of senioritis later. I really should head to work with your dad.


Ok, that escalated quickly...


Forest: It's ok...just relax...

Are you talking to her or you?

Forest: ...Both.

Forest, you've delivered every baby born at this hospital for the past three rounds. You delivered your own neice. You should be able to use this machine with your eyes closed.


Dragon: Aw, man!

Um...forgive me if I missed something but aren't people usually happy when they get promoted in something?

Dragon: Yeah, but I already sent in my application! What good is it now?


Oh, hey Padme.

Forest: Sorry about Snowcone...we're working on it.

Unicorn: You mean I'm working on it.

Padme: It's ok...she probably just smelled the cats.

Anna: I don't know what we're going to do about tomorrow...

What's tomorrow?


Ah, I see.


And I guess it's going to be a double celebration. Nice job, Dragon.

Dragon: Thanks...but I still wonder if them knowing about my last Scout badge would have made it better.

Well seeing as how you got accepted to...every distinguished degree there is I don't think that's possible.


So I see we're keeping it low-key for the birthday celebration too.

Forest: It's not like we can have any big parties at our house...we really need to do something about that dog.

Anna: You're the one who let your brother...


Unicorn: Ok, ok...enough of that. Dragon, did you decide yet?

Dragon: Yeah, um...I think I'm going to major in physics.

University: So you're going to Foxbury? That's so awesome!

Forest: Moss said that Sprite's going there, too. So at least you'll know somebody.


Well, with that last decision out of the way, I guess we can get this show on the road! Happy birthday, dear Dragon...


Well, I guess "foodie" is appropriate given that he aged up at a restaurant.


Sprite: Ah! Hey, Snowcone, it's just me!


Anna: Bad dog, Snowcone! Bad dog!

Again, Anna...there's this thing called a leash...


Dragon: Well, I guess that's everything.

Unicorn: I can't believe you're really leaving.

Dragon: Aw, don't do this...it's not like I'm moving across the world...at least, I think I'm not...

You know, I think I'll leave the geography discussions to you guys. Dragon, I'll see you at college. Everyone else, I'll see you next round.



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And one more student is off to University...sort of. He's moved into the University household, anyway. (And yeah, it has now taken me so long to write the posts leading up to University that we've now hit our next EP in the process. At this rate I'll probably get to Eco Lifestyle by Christmas.) Snowcone really is a bit of a problem. She has an aggressive trait, and she attacks absolutely everyone. Even Unicorn has gotten it a couple of times, though she does have the best relationship with Snowcone than anyone else. I'm hoping she calms down a bit as an elder.  



No comments:

Post a Comment