Sunday, June 7, 2020

Palmer 4: Round 20




Last round, the Palmer family found their household expanding when Houston brought home two new additions, Nougat and Peanut, in an attempt to impress his animal-loving crush Wind Flenderson. Unfortunately he forgot to stop by the vet on the way home to get them fixed, and soon a kitten named Caramel had joined the family as well. Meanwhile, Madison grew to a teenager and adjusted to life in high school.


Hi, guys!

Houston: Can you get off of that thing already? I have to update the scout site!

Madison: Wait your turn! I'm doing research for school.

Susana: Guys, there's plenty of time for both of you to use it.


Man, she isn't kidding. There's almost nothing going on this week.


How's the college prep going?

Houston: Fine...

It might go better if you don't have a cat walking across your paper...trust me.


So have you made up your mind about which one you're taking with you?

Houston: What do you mean? I adopted them! Why wouldn't I take all 3?

Well, assuming that you're still planning on ending up with Wind...she already has 2 parents and a dog in her house. If you add you and three cats, that pretty much fills up the house.

Houston: Oh...I didn't think about that. But how am I going to pick just one?


How's the rooftop garden working out?

Buzz: So far, so good. 


Buzz: Merida! What's up?

Merida: I have a bit of a...business opportunity for you. You know our neighbor Misty?

Buzz: The City Council lady?

Merida: Yup. That one. Anyway, she caught me in the yard yesterday and she started going on and on and on about all these...community improvement projects that she's trying to get off the ground. And then she mentioned that the city is looking for someone to make the new arts center a little more...appealing.

Buzz: What new arts center?

Merida: Exactly. Come on, I'll show you. It's just down the street.


Hey, Hank.

Hank: Oh, hey Mysterious Voice.

Are you guys getting ready for college too? I didn't get a chance to check when I was at your house.

Hank: Oh, yeah...we're all set to go.

Houston: Have you thought about what to do with your...raccoon after you move?

Hank: Are you crazy? Of course Rocket's coming with me! I could never leave my little buddy behind...

Does Sprite know this?

Hank: Well, we haven't exactly talked about it yet...

Remind me to drop by for that conversation.


Um...is there a reason you're painting a random wall?

Buzz: I'm painting a mural. You know, it's the craziest thing. I moved here so I could experience the city, but I've barely done anything outside of my apartment since we got here.

Well, having two kids will do that.


Glad to see you're bonding with the cats too.

Madison: They are pretty cute...I'll give them that.


Not bad. Nice job, Houston.

Houston: Thanks.


Hey, you're sounding pretty good.

Madison: Don't lie to me. I know I sound awful. The violin was so much easier...


Well, that's gonna cost Nougat some points...


Merida: Buzz, I just heard from Misty. The City Council loved your mural.

Buzz: Really?

Merida: She said it was the best one they've seen in years!


Buzz: The city wants me to paint murals all over town.

Susana: That's wonderful! I'm so proud of you!

Houston: Yeah, that's great, Dad...

Susana: Madison, what's wrong?

Madison: Does anyone else's taco taste a little...off?


...I think I may have figured it out. Man, Nougat is really not doing himself any favors.


Houston: (sigh) Maybe Wind will help me decide...I'm seeing her tonight for Love Day.

Isn't she out of high school already?

Houston: She is...but we can still hang out and watch a movie.


Houston: Happy Love Day, Wind...

Wind: Thank you...

Houston: We should have the place to ourselves tonight. Madison went out with some friends and my parents are going out to eat. 


If they ever manage to make it out of the house, that is.


And about having the place to yourself...

Houston: Come on, Caramel...

Wind: It's ok. What a cute kitty...

Houston: ...Cuter than the other two?

Wind: What?

Houston: Nothing, nothing...


Um...Susana? Is there a reason you're wearing your wedding dress?

Susana: What? It's a formal restaurant so I wore my formal clothes.

I really need to do a fashion intervention with some of you guys.


But I guess I should worry about everyone's party attire first.


So where are we going?

Houston: The park. We were a little worried because of the weather, but it looks like it's going to hold up.


Not wasting any time here. Happy birthday, dear Houston...


...Hm, wouldn't have pegged you as being the jealous type.


And now that you two are the same age again, I guess you've got some catching up to do.

Houston: You could say that.

I'll give you guys some space


Flick: So, what are you going to do with his room?

Madison: What?

Flick: You know, when Houston moves out...

Madison: I...don't think I'm going to do anything with his room...

Flick: Aww, come on! If Hank was leaving before me I'd so be taking over his room!


Well, as much as I would like to stick around for the rest of the party, I really should be on my way. Houston, I'll catch up with you at University. Everyone else, I'll see you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another one off! As for which cat will be leaving with him...that will have to remain a mystery for now. Houston will definately only be taking one cat, though. The Flenderson house will be full enough. (Right now I'm leaning towards either Peanut or Caramel so I can at least tell the remaining cats apart.) And after so many rounds of Buzz living in San Myshno, he finally did something for his "City Native" aspiration that I totally remembered that he had the entire time. (Honestly, I've been toying with the idea of moving the family once Buzz passes away, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment