Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Bernard 7: Round 19


Last round, the Bernard family grew by quite a bit when Bahama had two back to back pregnancies. The first added another son, Crate, while the second added a daughter, Basket. Meanwhile both she and Sage continued to advance in the entertainer career.


Hi, guys!

Bahama: Oh...hey mysterious voice. 

Is it cleaning day?

Bahama: We have two toddlers and a baby. Every day is cleaning day.


Well, except for tomorrow...that's Campfire Night. 


Drum: Aunt Haiti!

Haiti: Hey there, little guy...where's your brother?

Drum: I dunno...


Found him...


Yeah, great. Let's add fire to the mix...


And once again, we're celebrating a birthday on a holiday.


Although having your birthday at a Weenie Roast is admittedly less cool than having it on New Year's Eve...


Cyprus: All right...let's get another log on there.

Bahama: Don't you think it's already high enough?

Cyprus: Aw, come on...it's not like Campfire Night happens every day. Let's go for it...


(sigh) Against my better judgement, let's go inside for Basket's birthday...


Happy birthday, dear Basket...


Another charmer? Man, that play group is going to be nothing but hugs.


Aww, she's cute...but I think we'd better change her outfit. She's gonna get way too hot in that...


And speaking of getting too hot...I knew leaving the fire unattended was a bad idea.


Drum: Daddy? Why are you spraying Uncle Croix?

Because Grimmy isn't on the guest list.


Ok, before we do this...we put out the campfire, right?

Bahama: Yes...

Good. Just wanted to check before we made him flammable. Happy birthday, dear Drum...


Ok, not the worst combo ever.


Not bad...I actually don't mind that outfit too much.


Nice going, Bahama...


And it looks like Sage is not too far behind...although, I'm pretty sure the goal of a playdate is to entertain the kids, not the parents.


Bahama: Did you have a good time today?

Basket: Yeah...I liked when Daddy sang.

Bahama: Me too...Maybe we should send him every day, huh?


Crate: Wanna play?

Drum: Not now, Crate. I'm doing my homework...


Drum: Why does Crate follow me around all the time?

Bahama: Well, because you're his big brother...

Drum: Yeah, well, Basket is his little sister. Why doesn't he go play with her?


Because it looks like she's making her own friends...


Um...yeah, sure. Let's submit music...


Don't tell me...Marvin's back?

Drum: Is Marvin the monster? See, Dad? I told you someone else could see it! Spray harder!

Sage: (sigh) If it will make you go back to bed...


Bahama: Ok, now you two be good for Grandma tonight...

Your mom's babysitting again?

Bahama: Yeah...Sage and I both have to work. 


Drum: You know, you don't have to babysit me anymore, Grandma. I'm big now!

Bermuda: Oh...is that so?

Drum: But...um...since you're here...do you want to play chess with me?


Nice going, Sage. You're that much closer to catching up to Bahama...


And it looks like we get one more birthday before I head out.


No big party this time?

Bahama: No...after the fires we decided to keep this one low key.

Can't say I blame you. Ok, then...Happy Birthday, dear Crate...


Huh...haven't seen Self Assured come up in awhile. 


Well, I can see that you quite literally have your hands full, so I think it's about time for me to be moving on...


Good luck, guys. I'll see you all next round...


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: We're inching ever closer to the end of Round 19! I don't know what it is about those campfires-are they supposed to set fire to anything and anyone near them? Because it seems like every time I set one up someone ends up in flames. Luckily Sage was able  to put Croix out before it was too late. (Not that Croix is going to be around for much longer, anyway, but...) Anyway, Basket might just be one of my new favorite toddlers in town. She is absolutely adorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment