Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Lytle 4: Round 19



Last round, the Lytle family was trying to keep up with their 4 growing children. Oldest son Zyrtec joined the drama club at school. Middle child Tylenol had also aged to school-age by the end of the week. Meanwhile, twins Claritin and Allegra made sure the family's mop never stayed put away for long.


...Oh, right. And Hunter adopted a puppy from his brother. Because this house really needed a dog to liven things up...


And I see it's birthday-central around here this week.


Oh, no...they're awake.

Leigh: It's ok. I've got a plan...


Beach day, huh?

Leigh: Yup. You know, it's funny. When we try to give them a bath at home they throw a fit but dunk them in some water here and it's the most fun they've ever had. Ok, girls...now stay where I can see you, please.


Tylenol: Check it out! There's snorkeling out there! You think Mom will let us?

Zyrtec: Sure! We're both big now.


Zyrtec: Mom? Can we try snorkeling? Please? I promise we'll be careful...

Leigh: Well...ok. Just stay where you can see the bottom.


Well, with the boys occupied I guess I should go check back in on the twins.


Looks like we're still having fun here too...


And I see Allegra is trying to take the beach home with her.


Tylenol: Hey, check it out! I found a shell that makes noise!

Please don't bring that thing home. Your house is loud enough as it is.


Zyrtec: Wanna treat, boy?

That treat is bigger than his head, Zyrtec...


Hunter: And what's this number?

Claritin: 5!

Hunter: That's right! You're so smart!


Hunter: Just a little bit longer. Hang in there...

A little bit longer until what?


Ah, I see. And if one is growing up, that means...


...Not exactly what I was going for, but ok...


And I guess he took after his dad...


Sprite: Hey, boy...remember me? You got so big!



Ok, enough with the canines reunions. Let's get this show on the road...Happy birthday, dear Claritin...


Hey, a trait and an aspiration that match!


Happy birthday, dear Allegra...


Why doesn't this surprise me?


And we're still pretty much identical. Great...


Zyrtec: Hey, you should come to Drama Club with me after school tomorrow!

Claritin: Can I, Mom? Please?


Leigh: Sure. I don't see why not.


Leigh: Should I sign you up for Drama Club too?

Allegra: Ew! No way!


Allegra: Ew, no! I want to go to Scouts with Tylenol!

Leigh: (sigh) Ok, then...


Claritin: Milkshake! Stop...

He's just happy to see you. You've been gone for awhile.

Claritin: Yeah...Drama Club is long...


Leigh: So, how was drama club today?

Claritin: Great! I have five whole lines in our next play!

Allegra: Big deal. I'm halfway to earning my second scout badge.


Looks like Milkshake wants to join in on the discussion. (I've never seen a dog do this before...it's adorable.)




And I guess the kids weren't the only ones having birthdays.


Leigh: Can you believe it? We're almost middle aged.

Hunter: Hey, now. I don't know if we need to go that far...


Fern: Uncle Hunter? Did you really die once?

Allegra: Of course he didn't die, dummy. He's right here! How could he be here if he died?

Fern: Well, my Mom said...

Hunter: Hey, you know what? I think it's just about time for cake!

Probably best we save that story for later...


Happy birthday, dear Hunter...





Happy Birthday, dear Leigh...





Allegra: What's so great about drama club, anyway?

Claritin: You get to put on costumes and makeup and stuff...

Allegra: Is that it? In Scouts we get to do all kinds of cool stuff...


Allegra: Who needs drama club to put on makeup? We can do that right here!

Tylenol: Did Mom say you could play with her stuff?


I'm gonna go with no...


Allegra: Huh? What do you think?

Claritin: I think you're gonna be in big trouble when Mom sees you.


It's ok, Milkshake. He's just floating. But good to know in case we ever need a lifeguard...


Leigh: I don't want you going into my makeup anymore. It took forever to get that lipstick out of the rug.

Allegra: I just wanted to show Claritin that she doesn't have to be in drama club to wear makeup. She can come to Scouts instead...

Leigh: Your sister isn't in Drama Club just because she gets to wear makeup...


That's right. She also gets to wear a very classy looking hat. Maybe they're doing a production of Newsies?


Whatever it is, it's obviously going well.



Oh, right...Love Day....


Tylenol: Happy Love Day, Allegra...

Allegra: You're giving me a Love Day present? That's so weird...

Tylenol: Yeah...but then I get my Give Back badge.

Allegra: Oh, ok...hey, if I give it back to you maybe I'll get mine, too...


Man, is everybody's birthday falling on a holiday around here?


Zyrtec: Aunt Leia? The next time you fight a giant flower can I come too?

Leia: I don't think there's going to be a next time for that one, Zyrtec...


Leigh: Ok, everyone...dinner's ready...

Dragon: Um...is dinner just grilled fruit?

Leigh: I thought it would be healthier...


Don't worry, Dragon. We're still having cake. Happy birthday, dear Zyrtec...


Haven't seen that one in awhile...


...And that is exactly what I would expect a Party Animal to wear. But...maybe we should find something a little more...age appropriate?


Much better....


Once again, how did you get promoted on a holiday?

Hunter: Not sure...but maybe we should celebrate?


Shouldn't one of you be watching the kids?

Hunter: I am watching them. They're right there...I think. It's kind of hard to see with the sun...


Well, the twins are actually behind you, so...


Oh, no...looks like the sun hurt more than just Hunter's eyesight. And unfortunately, it's just about time for me to be on my way. I'll catch up with you all next round. In the meantime...maybe try and find some aloe?


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And as you can see, Hunter wasn't the only one who got sunburned! I tried to keep an eye on them but with the 4 kids around too it was just a lot to keep track of. I liked having two of the kids in each activity, although it does highlight how much more involved Scouts is than Drama Club. And you may have noticed that I finally broke down and bought the Vintage Glamour stuff pack on this lot. I don't think anyone in Tranquility Creek is at the point of needing a butler, but the furniture is nice and the kids interactions at the vanity table are really cute.

1 comment: