Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Palmer 7: Round 19


At long last, we've come to the final house in Round 19! This one's a new household, belonging to Clam Hannon and Lily Palmer.


Hi, guys! Settling in ok?

Clam: Yeah...we just finished moving in all our stuff.

Just? Your wedding was weeks ago. What have you been doing this whole time?


Ahh...never mind, then...


I'm surprised that took this long.


Lily: ...No, Clam...I'm going to have a baby...

Clam: So, like this one will be ours? It'll be here all the time?

Great grasp on the situation there, Clam...

Clam: Does this mean we're not going to be on babysitting duty for your sister anymore?

Lily: I guess it does...I'm meeting her at the flea market later on. I guess I can break the news to her then.


And the baby should be here in time for HarvestFest...


Clam: I guess I should get a job now, huh?

That tends to help, yes....


Lily: Rose! I'm so glad you could come...where are the twins?

Rose: They're with Daisy. I sent the babies to daycare.

Wait...so you do realize that daycare is a thing?

Rose: Well, yeah...but I'm not going to just send all of them to daycare all the time...


Lily: Well, actually, that's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about...I'm pregnant!

Rose: Oh...

Lily: Yeah, so...

Rose: That's great! This way the babies will have some friends to play with!

Lily: ...Well, that's...not exactly....

Rose: Oh, you know, I've actually got to get going. I'm meeting a friend over at the lounge...good luck selling your wood carvings or whatever...

Lily: It's paintings, actually...


Any takers?

Lily: Not really, but to be honest nobody seems to be buying anything out here. They're all more interested in the living statue over there.


Clam: Did you tell her?

Lily: I tried...

Clam: We can't keep taking care of her kids and take care of our kid. That's...too many kids.

Lily: Well...our baby isn't here yet. We've still got some time...


You were saying?


Clam, she's in labor. I think she can do whatever she wants...


Besides, I don't think we have time for a hospital visit...


It's a girl! Welcome, Sparrow!


Wait, really? Another girl? Ok...welcome, Raven...


Lily: Well, I guess it makes sense...after all, both Clam and I are twins, right?

Eh...sort of...

Lily: Wait...sort of? What do you mean, sort of?

Um...nothing. Forget I said anything...


Well, they're both very cute.


You guys are still hosting Harvestfest?

Clam: Yeah...it's not such a big deal, Plus, it gives everyone a chance to see the babies. Kind of a two for one thing.


Clam: Lily? Where does this thing go?

Lily: What thing?

Clam: This weird...twisty paper thing...

Lily: How should I know? This is the first time we've done this!


Lily: I don't want to bring this up at Harvestfest dinner!

Clam: Well, you have to bring it up sometime! We've got two babies of our own now. We're not a daycare! The daycare is a daycare!

Again, great grasp on the situation, Clam...

Lily: (sigh) I know, you're right...but still, Harvestfest doesn't seem like the best time to bring it up.


Besides, it looks like you're pretty occupied right now.

Lily: I'm so glad Dad taught me how to cook...


Amaryllis: Aunt Lily! Story!

Lily: (sigh) Your Mama's right in the other room, honey...go see if she'll read to you for awhile.

Amaryllis: No....I want Aunt Lily to read!


Betta: So, twins, huh? Who could have guessed?

Lily: Well, I did have a bit of a clue...I guess it runs in your side of the family too?

Betta: Sort of. My uncles were a set of twins. What about you guys? Were you two the first set?

Rose: If you can call it that...

Betta: Huh?

Rose: Mom never told you...did she?

Lily: Told me what?

Hey...who wants to go meet the new babies?


After all, this might be the only chance...

Mikel: What was that?

Nothing...nothing...


I guess I should be thankful that this came up after dinner and we didn't have two more mouths to feed.


Happy Birthday, dear Sparrow...


Yes! We haven't had an independent toddler in awhile...


Aww, she got Clam's hair!


Happy birthday, dear Raven...


....Of course the other one would be fussy...


Man, there's going to be a lot of blonde toddlers around town...


Should I assume Raven received a similar makeover?

Lily: Pretty much. She's got some braids that Sparrow doesn't.

Good to know...


Lily: Did you get the uniforms laid out?

Clam: Yup. All set.

Lily: Good. I've got to leave early to pick up Iris and Amaryllis on the way.

Clam: Wait...we're still doing that?

You know, I think I'll let you two work this out on your own. Because believe it or not, it's time for me to be moving on to round 20! 


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: And round 19 is officially complete! (Aside from the scorecard, that is.) I cannot believe that we're at round 20 already. I also cannot believe that we had another set of twin girls. My game tends to go in spurts when it comes to the gender of babies, but we still just had a lot of girls in a row. Clam and Lily are a really cute couple, though. Now, stand by for the Round 19 scorecard!

No comments:

Post a Comment