Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Howard 2: Round 19


Last round, Sadness Howard was shocked to discover that between her painting and her father's blog, she had become something of a celebrity. With her daughter Kiwi growing to a child and her second child, Kumquat, on the way, Sadness decided to lean into this new identity. She ended up hosting a meet and greet with her sister Hope, where Kiwi displayed her own talents to the crowd. Meanwhile, Cyrus continued to work at his gardening career and the family celebrated Winterfest.


Hi, guys!

Sadness: Oh...hi there mysterious voice.

Cyrus: We were just...um...


Say no more...


Well color me surprised...


Sadness: I have some good news...

Cyrus: You found a way to potty train him faster?

Sadness: No...not exactly...I'm going to have another baby!

So, pretty much the exact opposite of what you were thinking.


Sadness: Come on, guys. Let's go.

Kiwi: Where are we going?

Sadness: We're going to go spend some family time at the beach while Dad's at work.


Is it really family time if you're lying on a lounge chair while they're in the water?


Kiwi: Wanna see something cool?

Kumquat: Yeah!

Kiwi: Watch this. I bet I can get everyone to come out of the water to watch me sing...

What are you gonna do, yell "shark!"?


Whoa! That is quite a tan there...

Fan: Sadness Howard? I can't believe it's really you...I just have to have your autograph!

Sadness: Ok, just this one. I'm here with my kids, and...

Fan: Oh, that's right! You have kids! Hey, is that your daughter singing over there?


Yup, it sure is...looks like Kiwi decided to put on an impromptu concert on the beach.


Kumquat: Daddy, how come people don't throw money at me?

Cyrus: Huh?

Kumquat: The people at the beach..they all threw money at Kiwi. No one throws money at me...

Cyrus: What beach did you guys go to?


You know, I have a bad feeling about this but sure...feed the plant...


And it looks like he's not the only one who's very uncomfortable right now.


And I guess we're going with a home birth...


It's a girl! Welcome, Tangerine!


I guess the suntan isn't genetic...good to know.


Hi, Hope! Here to meet your new niece?

Hope: Of course! Where is she?

Sadness: She's upstairs. You're going to love what we did with the nursery...


Hope: Wow, you're right. It's so fun and colorful in here. Kiwi was ok changing rooms?

Sadness: Yeah, once we told her she would have her own bathroom downstairs she opened up to the idea. Plus, she doesn't have to hear crying all night long.

Hope: Well, that's good...has anyone else been by to see her yet?

Sadness: So far just you...but Riley's dropping by later.


Riley: She's so cute...it almost makes me miss when my two were little.

Sadness: Almost?

Riley: Well, I can't say I miss the diapers.

Speaking of...I don't know if anyone's noticed the green cloud around the baby?


Sadness: ...Did you start the laundry?

Kiwi: Yeah, I needed my costume cleaned for tomorrow...was I not supposed to?

Sadness: I...didn't know you knew how to do that...

Something tells me Kiwi just got herself a new chore.


Cyrus: Come on...just drink the bottle...please?


Don't worry, Cyrus. Soon she'll be throwing food off to the high chair...


Happy birthday, dear Tangerine...


And it looks like we're gonna have another hug machine in play group.


Hmm...I like the hair, but everything else needs an update...


Starting with a swimsuit!


And what better place to spend Splash Fest than the ocean?


Wait..there are sprinklers on the beach?

Kiwi: They put them out for Splash Fest!

Well, that was nice of them...


I don't remember story time being a part of Splash Fest...

Sadness: I'm just trying to keep them away from the dock...

What's on the dock?

Kiwi: Daddy's setting up the fireworks!


Kiwi: Is it dark enough now, Mom?

Sadness: Yes, I think so...ok, stand back guys...





Nothing like fireworks over Sulani...


And I guess the party isn't over yet...


Tangerine: Grandma!

Yeah, probably a good thing she meets her grandma now...

Disgust: Why is that?

Um...no reason...say, isn't it almost time for cake?


Happy birthday, dear Kumquat...


Well, hopefully having a famous mom will help him with that.


And hopefully she can also help him choose a better outfit.


Much better. And now, I've got to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice. And...I just realized I forgot to label Tangerine in the end picture. Oops! Finally, we hit summer-when it's actually appropriate to have people go to the beach! Sadness's fame did take a backseat this round, but that's to be expected when having another baby I guess. I think Splash Fest might be my favorite holiday these guys have. Don't get me wrong, I love when they get stuff from Father Winter. But watching everyone play in the water and lighting off the fireworks is really enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment