Sunday, October 1, 2017

Bernard 5: Round 16




Last round Alderaan and Thunder set up their new home as newlyweds. Alderaan soon found herself pregnant and gave birth to a son, Chimney, while advancing in the entertainment field. She even entered the local karaoke contest when the new parents went out for date night.


Hi, guys!

Chimney: Hi voice!

What's been going on around here?

Alderaan: Oh, you know. The usual. Chimney was just about to help me practice my guitar, wasn't he?

Really?

Alderaan: Sure. He's my coach.


Chimney: Mama...sing pretty.

And he's doing a great job...


Thunder: Sorry I missed you coming home last night...I must have passed out just after Chimney did.

Alderaan: That's ok. I don't expect you to wait up for me. At least I got to see you before you head into work...how long before you have to leave?

Thunder: Um...about an hour...why?

Alderaan: Well, maybe we could make up for last night...


Yeah, good luck explaining this if he's late for work...


Although I guess this could be a pretty good excuse.


So how do you plan to chase around 18 toddlers while you're pregnant...

Alderaan: Actually, I have another plan...


Ahh, I see. Everybody loves a sing-along...


Universe: Hey, great idea with the guitar!

Alderaan: Really?

Universe: Yeah, the kids all seemed to love it. And you've got a really great voice-you ever think about performing for adults?

Alderaan: Oh, um...not really. I mean, I did karaoke once but...

Universe: Oh, you should try again down at the bar. There's a contest there twice a week and some of the contestants are awful...you'd win for sure.

Wait...you have the triplets plus Asteroid at home...how are you finding time to go to a karaoke bar?

Universe: Oh, Asteroid is a great babysitter...he has this cute game he plays with them where they try and finish up that rocket my mom put in the yard-it's adorable.


Nestle: Ha ha...I pottied faster than you!

Um...Nestle, honey? Has anyone ever taught you about the word privacy?


Alderaan: There we go...a special breakfast for a special day...

Wow, French toast. What's the occasion? And shouldn't you guys be over at the park right now?

Alderaan: We're taking the day off from play group. If I did my calculations right...


Ah, I see. Probably a good idea to stay home then.


And I guess we are actually staying at home...


I think this is it...


Seriously? Another girl? This is quite the streak. Welcome, Balcony...


And she takes after her dad too...speaking of, where is he?

Alderaan: He's still at work...he'll be home in a little while. This way I can get her settled into her new room.


So, how's everybody adjusting?

Thunder: Great. Chimney's a great big brother, aren't you Chimney?

Chimney: I tell Daddy when the baby cries!

Where's Mommy?

Thunder: Alderaan went back to work today.


I see..nice job, Alderaan.


Not sure what a restaurant called "Villa Bovine" would offer in the way of breakfast, but sure. Let's go.


Alderaan: Hi, Mom...

Aruba: Hi, honey...congratulations again on the promotion. I'm so proud of you.


Alderaan: So you really let Hosnian move out?

Aruba: I know, I know...but he'll be graduated soon enough. The house sure is quiet now, though.

Alderaan: What about Cori?

Aruba: Even she's keeping to herself more these days. She spends most of her time on her computer...

Alderaan: Well...so does Dad.

Aruba: That's true...


Aruba: So how's my new granddaughter doing?

Alderaan: Getting bigger every day! She'll be out of the bassinet soon...


Yeah, really soon apparently.


And I guess Thunder gets to do the honors. Promotion and a toddler. Big day for you...


Happy birthday, dear Balcony...


(sigh) All right, fussy it is...


And she got her mom's hair color at least...


Alderaan: Ok, Balcony, time for your first night in your big girl bed!

Balcony: Not tired!

Alderaan: (sigh) How about I sing you a lullaby?


Alderaan: ...How I wonder what you are...

I think that did the trick.

Alderaan: Finally. Now maybe I can get some sleep...


Chimney: Mommy...

Uh-oh...looks like it's time for the second show.


Alderaan: Come on, buddy...let's go back to bed.

Chimney: Mama sing...

Alderaan: Oh, honey, I don't want to wake up Daddy...

Chimney: But you sing for Balcony...

Alderaan: (sigh) All right, one song. But then it's right to sleep.


So you're on playgroup duty today?

Thunder: Yeah...I hope I didn't forget to pick anybody up.


Thunder: Hey, Candy...can I ask you something?

Candy: Just a minute...Starburst, honey, keep your diaper on please...sorry about that.

Thunder: That's ok. I was just wondering...you're an entertainer too, right?

Candy: Yeah...tell Alderaan I said congratulations, by the way. She totally deserved that promotion.

Thunder: I know. She actually almost won the karaoke contest downtown...

Candy: Which one?

Thunder: There's more than one? Um...I think we were in the spice district.

Candy: Ugh...don't go to that one...the rooftop lounge is so much better.

Thunder: I wish I could just convince her to even enter again. I think losing kind of rattled her.

Candy: Well, who said you have to go on contest night? Those karaoke lounges are open all the time, you know. They even rent them out for parties.


Thunder: Huh...you know, we do have a party to throw.

Well, I guess that could work...


Alderaan: Thunder, why are the kids still up?

Thunder: I had them take an extra long nap this afternoon. I thought we'd do something special for Chimney's birthday.

Alderaan: This late at night? None of the playgrounds are going to be open...

Thunder: We're not going to a playground. We're going to the rooftop karaoke lounge downtown.

Alderaan: Thunder...

Thunder: Relax, it's not contest night. And it will just be us there. Plus, it'll be fun for Chimney to have his party at a grown-up place.


Lightning: You know, this doesn't seem like the best place for a toddler's birthday.

Alderaan: That's what I said. I just hope these railings are high enough.

Well, let's get to the cake and then we'll have one less toddler to keep track of.


Happy birthday, dear Chimney...


Huh...there's been a lot of vegetarian kids around here.


At least he got a normal outfit.


Thunder: So?

Alderaan: Ok, you were right. This was a nice place to have the party...

Thunder: Well, thank you, but I wasn't exactly talking about that. I think we could all use some entertainment...

Alderaan: Thunder....

Thunder: Come on, it's just us here! And the kids love it when you sing. Think of it as Chimney's birthday present.

Alderaan: (sigh) Ok...when you put it that way...


Chimney: Go Mommy!

Balcony: Mama sing pretty!

Thunder: See? The kids agree with me. You're going to win the next contest for sure.

Well, as much as I'd like to stick around for that, I have to be on my way now. Happy birthday, Chimney. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another one that's taken me forever to write, and another baby girl added to the streak. I swear, I'm not influencing it with strawberries or music! And obviously, Alderaan couldn't actually sing the kids to sleep (I so wish they had included that as an interaction) but both of them did really enjoy watching their mom play the guitar. I had initially planned for Alderaan to enter the karaoke contest again, but I forgot it only happens on certain nights. She'll win one eventually!




No comments:

Post a Comment