Friday, October 13, 2017

Lytle 4: Round 16



As we reach the end of round 16, we have a few mew households to add to the town. This one belongs to Hunter Lytle and his new wife, Leigh Ames. Hunter had a rather eventful entrance to young adulthood when he unexpectedly died of laughter at his sister's birthday party. Luckily, his brothers decided on a wishing well as a memorial rather than the traditional tree, and Leigh was able to wish him back to life.


So...you doing ok?

Hunter: Not you too...

Well, you know, you did die the last time I was with you...

Hunter: You're as bad as Leigh...she's been a nervous wreck ever since we moved. She barely lets me out of her sight...


Leigh: There you are...I've been looking for you...

Hunter: (whispers) See?

Leigh: What was that? Are you alright?

Hunter: Yes, honey, I'm fine...


Ok, Ok, I get it...you're healthy.


Oh, yeah, I guess you would have to get back into your career. Kind of surprised to see you going with culinary.

Hunter: Really? Why?

Well, that one time you and your brothers tried to bake a birthday cake...

Hunter: That was one time. I've improved since then. But do me a favor and don't mention that story to Leigh...I don't need her worrying about fires now on top of everything else.


Something tells me Leigh's going to have some other things on her mind...


Leigh: Oh, you got an easel?

Hunter: Yeah...I figured I needed a hobby.

Leigh: Oh, that's great! So that means you can leave that silly restaurant job...

Hunter: What? Who said anything about leaving my job?

Leigh: Well...painting brings in much more money than working at a restaurant ever would. And plus, it would let you stay home with me...I mean, with the baby, when it comes.

Hunter: Leigh, I'm not quitting my job...

Leigh: Just promise me you'll think about it...


Hunter: Yes, please...


Pine: So...how's the new house working out?

Hunter: Great. Filling it up little by little. How are the triplets? Did you tell them about their new cousin?

Pine: Oh, yeah, they're super excited...

Hunter: What?

Pine: Nothing, just...you're ok?

Hunter: (sigh) Pine...

Pine: I know, I know...I shouldn't be so worried. After all, you're the big brother here, right?

Hunter: (laughs) Right.

Pine: Say, you want to come down to the flea market? Maybe find something for the baby's room?

What would you buy for a baby's room at the flea market?

Hunter: Thanks, but...I probably shouldn't. Leigh...hasn't been herself lately. 

Pine: Probably the pregnancy. Leia got weird, too..

She did?

Pine: Well, not around you. Anyway, just think about it.


So it's any day now, huh?

Hunter: Yeah...

Any guesses on boy vs. girl?

Hunter: Well, with my family it's probably a boy...after all, my mom had 5 boys before she finally had Emerald.

That's true...maybe you guys will be the ones to break the streak...

Leigh: What?

Never mind...


Leigh: Ow...

You ok?

Leigh: Yeah...just my back. I've been sitting her writing for hours.

Maybe you should get up? Go for a walk?

Leigh: No...no, I need to stay here...you know, just in case.

Just in case what? Hunter's at work...

Leigh: Exactly...what if something happens?

How would you being home help if something happened at Hunter's job?

Leigh: Look, I'm not leaving, ok?


Hunter: (coughs)

Leigh: Are you ok? 

Hunter: Yes, Leigh...I'm fine. Just ate a bit too fast, that's all.

Leigh: Don't scare me like that...oh...

Hunter: What?


Looks like that scare sent her right into labor...


So...no hospital?

Leigh: No, I'd rather stay here.


Leigh: I think this is it...

Well, the bassinet's here so I think you're right. How do they know when to deliver...

Leigh: Is this really the best time for this?

Right, right...sorry.


Finally! I mean...Welcome, Zyrtec...


Leigh: Hi there, Zyrtec...I can't wait for you to meet your Daddy...wait, what time is it? He should be home by now...


Don't worry, Leigh. Looks like he's late for a good reason. Congrats, Hunter!

Hunter: Thanks!


And so the parade of visiting relatives begins...


Hunter: Well, here he is!

Leia: Aww, he's adorable. Finn's going to love having another boy in play group.

Hunter: Oh, yeah...do we have to like, register for that or something?

Leia: I don't think so...you just kind of show up. I've got a spare outfit I can give you.

Hunter: Great, thanks...say, could I ask for kind of an odd favor? Could you maybe...hang out with Leigh for the afternoon while I'm at work?

Leia: Um...sure, I guess...


Leia: So...how have you been doing since the baby?

Leigh: Fine...I don't get to write as much as I used to, but I'm still managing.

Leia: I was telling Hunter how excited the other boys in play group are going to be to see Zyrtec...

Leigh: Oh, right...um...listen, I was wondering...do you think maybe you could take him?

Leia: Well, it's kind of a group for toddlers and their parents...you'll see. Everybody's super welcoming. You'll both have a great time. Besides, he's still in his bassinet. You've got some time.


Or not...


Happy birthday, dear Zyrtec...


At least he's not fussy...


And he's pretty much a mini-Hunter.


Leigh: Zyrtec, honey...pay attention to Mommy, please.

Zyrtec: No more cards!

How long have you been doing this?

Leigh: About 3 hours...

3 hours? My attention span isn't that long...

Leigh: Well, I'm just trying to make sure he keeps up...

Keeps up with what?

Leigh: The other kids. I know this playgroup thing is a great experience and all, but I can't spend all day at a park...what if something happens? 


Like Hunter getting promoted again?

Leigh: (sigh) That's not what I meant and you know it.

Leigh, you can't sit around the house waiting for a disaster to strike...look, Hunter doesn't work until 3 tomorrow. How about the two of you take him down together?

Leigh: Well...ok...but if anyone else has another "accident"...


Somehow I don't think this is the kind of accident you were talking about...

Hunter: Good try, buddy, but next time try to get it in the potty.

Leigh: Yeah, is the the parks department? I just have some questions...when were the toys at the toddler park last inspected for safety? Uh-huh...and what about the food? Well, then how do we know  what he's eating? I see...and are the bathrooms equipped for them? We have one who's potty training...yes, I know all of them are. Are there potties in the bathrooms or not?

Most of them don't seem to know it but yes, there are.


Leigh: I'm still not sure about this...

Hunter: Will you relax? There's 15 other toddlers who go to this thing every day, none of them have gotten hurt...right?

Not to my knowledge.

Hunter: See?


See? I told you you'd have a good time.

Zyrtec: Look, Mommy...I'm  up high!

Leigh: Zyrtec, get down from there...you could fall!

Well...sort of. Unfortunately it's just about time for me to be moving on...looks like we'll have to work on it next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: We're nearing the end of Round 16! And finally, we have another boy! Nothing too eventful on this lot yet-these guys are really still settling in. I realized once I loaded this lot just how much of an overlooked middle child Hunter was-he barely has any skills compared to his brothers or Emerald. One more lot to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment