Saturday, October 21, 2017

Bernard 6: Round 16



And at long, long last we finally come to the last house in Round 16. This one belongs to the middle child of the Bernard brood, Han, and his new wife Lori. 


So, how have you two been settling in?

Han: Ok, I guess.

Married life treating you well?

Lori: You could say that...


Whoa! Ok, I get it...give me some warning, at least.


No surprises here...


Han: And you're 100% sure...

Lori: For the 100th time, yes! I'm going to have a baby...

Han: Ok, just checking. Because I saw this show once about this woman who thought she was going to have a baby, but it was really this creature that had gotten inside her body and...

Han! Is this really the best reaction you can give?


Huh...odd career choice for a newly pregnant woman...


So what about you?

Han: What about me?

What are you planning to do for money?

Han: You're looking at it!

Um...

Han: I decided to take up painting! Check it out! I'm a natural!

Huh...

Han: What? You don't think it's good?

Oh, no...um, it's great. It's just...you never showed much interest in painting before.

Han: Well...how would I have? Leia started hogging the easel as soon as she was big enough to use it.

That's true...


Oh, hey there Sage.

Sage: What..oh, right. I forgot about you. You're...not coming over to us next, are you?

Don't worry, you guys have a whole other round before I stop by your place.

Sage: Oh, good...I mean...

Don't worry, I get it.


Han: Huh? What was that?

....What was what?

Han: I thought I heard something...I guess I'm not used to so much quiet.

Kind of different being out on your own, isn't it?

Han: Never thought I'd end up missing all the chaos...

Well, maybe it's a good thing. I mean, you were kind of stuck in the middle of all the craziness...maybe now you can finally figure out a little bit about who you are. You know, find your own style.

Han: Yeah...you know, maybe you're right...


Um...Han? This isn't exactly what I meant...

Lori: What you meant about what?

Well, I just told him that...

Lori: Oh...never mind, I think I'll have to get the story later...


Looks like we're off to the hospital!

Han: Hold on, let me just go change first...

Yeah, good plan.


Ok, again,not exactly what I was thinking...I guess this is going to be a very formal birth.


Receptionist: Hello, there...are you here to have a baby?

Lori: Yes...how did you know...

That's pretty much all this hospital does.

Receptionist: Are you here alone?

Lori: Oh, no, my husband...Han? He was right here...

Hold on, I'll find him...


Han...this lounge is supposed to be for the doctors...

Han: What? I'm hungry...besides, I've seen people have babies on TV. This is going to take forever.


Not exactly, Han. You'd better get down here...


...Really? Another girl? I thought we broke that streak...Welcome, Madrid...


She's cute, though.


Wow, and right after giving birth too. Nice going.


So I take it it's not as quiet around here anymore.

Han: No...not so much. I didn't cry this much, did I?

Well, it was kind of hard to tell who was crying around your house...


Speaking of, feel like dropping by for a visit?

Han: What about Madrid?

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll be ok at daycare for awhile.


Um...is there a reason that every time we come over here the triplets are out on the front lawn...badly in need of a diaper change?

Jamaica: They just got home from that play group they go to...I don't know who's running it this week but they've got a lot of room for improvement.


Jamaica: Doesn't anybody take you kids to the potty at this playgroup thing?

Padme: No...sometimes I take me, but today I forgotted. 

Jamaica: I really don't see the point of this whole thing, Leia. I mean, there's three of them here already...it's not like they don't have anyone to play with. You kids were fine just playing with each other...

Leia:  Mom, we almost killed each other...

Han: Multiple times. I think I still have a scar from the "Don't Wake the Llama" incident.

Well as lovely as these childhood memories are I think we'd better be getting back home...

Han: Yeah...Lori will probably be worried if Madrid's still at daycare when she gets home.


Or not...how long have you been home?

Lori: Oh, just a little bit...I went right out for a workout after I got back.

So, you didn't notice your daughter's been at daycare all afternoon?

Lori: She has?


Well, she's not anymore. And it looks like soon she'll be a lot harder to miss.


Happy birthday, dear Madrid...


Like I said, harder to miss. Hey, at least it's not fussy.


Aww, she looks just like your cousin Corellia did...which is weird, because Cori's adopted, but whatever...


Lori: Are you excited for your first day of play group tomorrow?

Madrid: Mama, what's gonna happen at play group?

Lori: Oh, well, you're going to meet lots of other kids...and there's lots of fun stuff to play on.

Madrid: Mama come too?

Lori: No, Daddy's going to take you. I have to go to work tomorrow.

Han's taking her to play group? Thanks for the heads up; I'll have to have the wardrobe discussion with him now.


Madrid: Can we go yet?

Han: Ok, honey. Almost. Daddy's just got to get ready...

Yeah, um, Han? Can we have a quick chat?


Han: Sorry, we've got to head out now if we're going to make it there on time.


Well, at least Madrid is dressed right...where are these uniforms coming from?

Han: I don't know...Lori just laid it out and told me to put her in it. Seems a little silly to dress them up so much to come play on a playground.


Oh, hey there Luke.

Luke: Hey...

Han: Say, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be down at the bar by now?

Luke: Dude...you know I don't work at a bar. I told you before I told Cindy, man.

Han: Of course I know that. I'm just keeping up appearances!

Yes, because your current company is going to be aware of that...


Half of them aren't even awake anymore. I think it's time we headed home.


Wow, nice going.

Lori: Thanks...well, time to head out for a jog...

Wait, don't you want to spend some time with Madrid?

Lori: Oh...of course. Madrid, honey? 


Lori: Come on, sweetie. You can come with Mommy on her jog and tell me all about play group...

Not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess it's close enough. Looks like it's about time for me to be heading out anyway...

Which officially brings us to the end of Round 16! Stand by for the scorecard!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And Round 16 is over!!! This one took me a long time to write. You may remember that Han rolled the insane trait when aging to young adult. Apparently his insane trait manifests as wearing completely random clothing that is often inappropriate for where he is going. (Although given that this seems to be a glitch with townies at the moment too, he doesn't really stand out all that much.) I didn't tell him to wear his tux to the hospital. That was all him. And yes, we had yet another baby girl. I'm going to need to go gallery shopping for male townies in a couple rounds once all these guys grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment