Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Bernard 1: Round 17


Last round, the Bernards discovered that having two sets of parents in the same house isn't always easier when Bermuda and Khloe disagreed on how to handle their respective children. Meanwhile, the eldest daughter Bahama grew to a young adult and married her high school sweetheart, Sage. Cyprus and Haiti entered high school, and Bermuda continued to chase her dream of catching 20 types of fish.


Hey there, guys!

Haiti: Hi mysterious voice...

Ezekiel: Ok, now listen. You two be careful tonight, ok?

What's tonight?


Croix: The town is having a costume party at the arcade for the all the hight school kids...something about a holiday with pumpkins and candy...I don't get it but the kids are all excited.

I see...so, I take it everybody's got a costume picked out?


I should say so...That's quite a number for a teenager. You'd just better hope that dye comes out of your hair.


Now, let's look at Cyprus...oh, no....

Cyprus: What?

Do you even know what you're dressed as?

Cyprus: Um...metal dude? I don't know, it just looked cool.

And it looks like Haiti isn't the only fairy, either.


Or the most inappropriately dressed...don't you think that's a little...short?

Corellia: Come on, it's a costume...


Haiti: Hey there, mystery man...nice look.

Yeah, I can see why Garnet would gravitate to a costume designed for sneaking around...


Cyprus, should you really be holding a knife wearing that mask?

Cyprus: What? She's wearing a mask too.

Yes, but hers you can see out of...


Clam: Dude...I thought we agreed I was going to be Jetpack Guy and you were going to be the black robot dude...



Haiti: So what's up with the mask?

Garnet: What? It's a costume party...besides, I figured I'd have a better time if I could go incognito. Less dirty looks that way.

Haiti: Yeah, what's up with that? Everybody keeps looking at you like you ran over their dog...

Garnet: Huh? What's a dog?

Haiti: I don't know, I heard it on TV...but still, what's gotten into everyone?

Garnet: Ok, well...remember back in elementary school, how we kept losing recess every day?

Haiti: Yeah, that was the worst...

Garnet: Well, get this...everybody thinks I'm the one stole everybody's stuff.

Haiti: What? But that's crazy! And even if it wasn't...that was so long ago!

Garnet: Yeah...wait, what? You...wouldn't care if it was true?

Haiti: Of course not...we all did stupid things as kids. It's not like you still do it or anything...

Garnet: Ha...yeah...


Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this pairing...


This one makes more sense, though again, I feel like that mask is just making everything more difficult...


What are you guys still doing up?

Bermuda: Are you nuts? I'm not going to bed until they are both home. I know what happens at those parties...

Ezekiel: Hon, they're at the public arcade. They're not sneaking around in an alley...


I see the other set of parents are less concerned.

Khloe: Croix, honey, why don't you take a break? You've been at that all afternoon...

Croix: In a bit...I keep losing at this one spot that I know is going to get me in the tournament tomorrow...


Oh, hey Cori.

Cori: Yeah, hi. So...is it true?

Haiti: Not you too...

What?

Cori: The entire school is talking about how Haiti and Garnet Doe were making out at the party last night...


Haiti: We weren't making out...we kissed like, once....

Cori: But you did kiss him...

Haiti: Yeah, so?

Cori: Haiti, you know everybody hates Garnet, right?

Haiti: Yeah, he told me...you don't actually believe all those stupid rumors about him, do you?

Cori: Well...

Haiti: Cori! Come on...I can't believe everybody's still so hung up on stuff that happened back in elementary school. Which, by the way, he didn't do...

Cori: Let me guess, he told you that?


Uh-oh...looks like the teenage drama is going to have to wait.





Well, this week just took an unexpected turn.


Goodbye, Khloe...


Haiti: Cyprus...wait!

Cyprus: Leave me alone...


Oh, right...Croix wasn't home...

Croix: What...what happened?

Sorry, Croix...it was just her time.

Croix: But...I'm not even an elder yet...what about Cyprus?

Cyprus? He's handling it...um....he's just handling it.


How you doing, Cyprus?

Cyprus: Oh, just great...it's just so wonderful when your mom dies before you're out of high school.

I'm sorry, Cyprus. But...it was just her time.

Cyprus: Yeah, well...what about all the other kids' moms, huh? Why wasn't it any of their times? And why'd she wait so long to have me then, anyway?

Well, I'm not sure, but...

Cyprus: I thought so. You're just as useless as everybody else...


Huh...

Cyprus: What now?

It's just...seeing you and Cori next to each other like that...you two kind of look alike...

Cyprus: (laughs) Cori's adopted...she doesn't look like anyone. 


Gee, this seem familiar...


Let me guess...you fielded the call from the school?

Bermuda: Yes...I just didn't know what to tell them. I know that what he did was wrong, but...given everything that's happened...plus, Croix didn't seem that thrilled when I had them punish him last time.

Maybe you need to clear your head for a bit? You haven't left the house in awhile.

Bermuda: You know, you're right...there's someplace I've been meaning to check out.


An abandoned mine shaft?

Bermuda: I think I finally know how to crack it open...


Huh...it's kind of pretty down here.

Bermuda: Yeah...and look, fishing spots...

Ahh, now I get it.


What on earth is that?

Bermuda: I don't know, but it's going on the wall.

Well, this place is less creepy than the vampire lake. I'll give you that.


Um...should I be concerned that he's still wearing his ninja suit?

Haiti: Oh, he's just being silly...I think.


Haiti: See? I told you...

Garnet: Told me what?

Haiti: Oh, not you. The mysterious voice. She thought you'd still be dressed as a ninja.

Garnet: Well, actually...that costume's coming in handy. For um...projects.

Haiti: Projects? What projects could you have to do dressed as a ninja?

Garnet: Um...you know....ninja projects. Come on, let's head inside. I'm starving.


Garnet: So...what are you going to have?

Haiti: I'm not sure...hey, is this place vegetarian?

Garnet: Vege-what?

Haiti: Vegetarian. You know, without meat? I've been vegetarian since I started school.

Garnet: How should I know? I don't even know what half of this stuff is!

Haiti: Guess I'll just have to take a chance...the pasta sounds ok, but what exactly is the volcano part?


Garnet: Blech! Maybe I should have gone vegetarian too...

Again, there is a perfectly good diner across the street...


Haiti: Hey, Cyprus, I thought maybe we could work on our essays for English together? Cyprus?

Cyprus: Whatever. I'm going to my room. Leave me alone...


Oh...hey there Croix.

Bermuda: Croix, listen, we need to talk...

Croix: Ok, shoot...

Bermuda: Well, it's just...I've barely seen you since...you know, since Khloe died. And you know, I think Cyprus really needs you right now...

Croix: Listen, when Ezekiel dies and you  have to deal with your kid losing a parent, then I'll be happy to listen to your advice. But until then, I'd appreciate it if you'd mind your own business!

Well, at least now we know where Cyprus gets it.


Haiti: Mom, can we talk about Cyprus? He's been acting super weird...

Bermuda: Well honey, his mom just died...

Haiti: I know, but...he's not even acting sad. He's just...

Bermuda: Honey, everybody grieves in their own way. You've just got to give him his space...why don't you go out with that nice boy you met at the costume party?

Haiti: You're actually telling me to go out on a date?

Bermuda: Sure...just don't stay out too late. 


Where are we?

Haiti: The island bluffs. I heard Bahama talk once about how her and her friends used to hang out up here.

Garnet: So...you sounded pretty upset about something on the phone. What's up?

Haiti: Ugh...my stupid family...

Garnet: What's going on?


Haiti: Well, my aunt just died this week. And Cyprus...well, I know it's his mom and everything, and...

Garnet: Wait...Cyprus is your cousin? I always thought he was your brother.

Haiti: He was...or, he used to be, sort of.

Garnet: I know what you mean...my sister and I used to be real close too.

(laughs)

Garnet: What? We did...once.

Well, you've got one heck of a long term memory. I'll give you that.


Garnet: How about we find somewhere a little more...private?

Oh, no...I know that look...


(sigh) Like mother, like daughter I guess...


Garnet: Huh? Did you hear something?

Haiti: I don't think so...that was...wow!

Um, pardon the interruption, but perhaps the two of you should be getting home before sunrise?


At least all that time in front of the computer was good for something...


Bermuda: Cyprus, honey, you doing ok?

Cyprus: Ugh...for the last time, yeah. I'm fine, ok?

Bermuda: Ok...I'm just worried about you. Haiti said you've been acting a little off at school...

Cyprus: Yeah, well, before you go taking her word for anything you'd better check what she's been up too...

Bermuda: What does that mean?

Cyprus: Tell you what, how about you go "worry" about your own kid and find out? I'm going to my room...


Oh, hey Bahama. Nice moment to drop by.

Bahama: I wanted to give you guys some time....I heard about Aunt Khloe. How's...

Ezekiel: Cyprus? Well, he's...come to think of it, I don't know.

Well seeing as how it's only the second time I've seen you this week I wouldn't expect you to be up on everything.

Ezekiel: I do know that your little sister has her first boyfriend, though...

Haiti: Dad!

Bahama: No way...ok, spill it. Who is he?

Ezekiel: I think I'll leave you two alone to catch up...


Haiti: Ok...so, his name is Garnet...

Bahama: Wait...Garnet Doe?

Haiti: Yeah...you know him?

Bahama: Just a little...he was just coming into school when I was graduating, but...well, there's no way all those rumors were true anyway.

Haiti: Oh, no....they're definitely not. I don't know why everyone at school avoids him-he's the nicest guy! And he's really...good...

Bahama: Wait...what? You two....where?

Haiti: We went out to the bluffs a few nights ago...couldn't say that I expected my first time to be in a bush, but...

Bahama: Haiti!

Haiti: What? It's no big deal...

Bahama: Haiti, it's a super big deal...you're not even out of school yet...

Haiti: Man, what happened to you? We were just having a little fun, that's all...



Haiti: Hey, Betta? Guess what...it happened! Yeah! No, I'm totally not lying. Hold on, I just have to make sure my mom's not upstairs and then I'll tell you everything...

Well...as much as I'd like to hear Haiti's retelling of her romantic evening in the bushes I think it's about time for me to be moving on. I'll see all you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Well, it's one day late, but Happy Halloween, everyone! I had intended to post this last night but I got home from work and promptly fell asleep. I ended up buying Spooky Stuff when it went on sale earlier this month, so I figured a Halloween party was in order. This house is always tricky to write...I do feel bad that Ezekiel and Croix keep getting the short end of the stick, but given that they are the only two that have off-lot jobs, they're just not around and thus in fewer screenshots. And yeah, Haiti and Garnet...those two will make quite a pair, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment