Friday, November 10, 2017

Howard 1: Round 17



Last round, the Howard's eldest daughter Sadness graduated from high school after a rocky last few days of her teenage years. Soon, she was engaged to her high school sweetheart Cyrus, and by the end of the week, the two were married. Meanwhile, younger sister Hope grew from a child to a teenager.


Disgust: I'm telling you, I heard it...

Heard what?

Herbert: Oh, hey mysterious voice. Disgust thinks she heard a noise outside last night.

Disgust: I know I heard a noise outside last night! It was loud, and really high-pitched...it was like nothing I'd ever heard before.

Herbert: You probably just dreamed it...

Maybe you two should lay off the late night ice cream?


Oh, hey Betta...

Betta: Come on, it's just one movie...besides, Hermes is going to be there...

Hope: Why do I get the feeling you invited him?

Betta: I might have greased the wheels a little...Erica and Thistle are going too. It'll be like a fun couples night!

Hope: Except that Hermes and I aren't a couple...

Betta: Not yet you're not...


Hope: Can you believe them?

Hermes: I know...this movie better be good...

I didn't even know this place played movies.

Hope: Technically they don't...they just have the screen and stuff upstairs and we put the movie on ourselves. 


At least they decorated the place...

Hope: That was so boring...

Erica: Yeah, I mean, how many times can you watch a building explode anyway?

Hope: I better get home...now that I'm the only one there my parents actually notice that I'm gone...


Herbert: Did you hear that?

Hope: I didn't hear anything...

Herbert: I could have sworn...

Hope: Dad, remember what you told Mom? It's just you imagination...


Although I guess it could have been the two ghosts sitting in the living room...


What are you doing?

Disgust: I was coming out here to get the mail and...this is going to sound crazy, but I swear I saw something run behind this rock...

Well...is there anything behind the rock?

Disgust: Well not anymore...

I think you need to get out a little...

Disgust: Maybe you're right...I think tonight might be a good night to check out that new bar down by the wharf...

...There's a wharf?

Disgust: Of course...we just haven't had any reason to go there before.

I see...well, you lead the way then...


Hope: Mom, where are you going? We just got here?

Herbert: Oh,  she probably thinks she saw her mystery creature again. I keep telling her, it's all in her head. There are no furry little...


Um, Herbert? You were saying?

Disgust: What the...what is that?

Well, it appears that...


Disgust: This is it! This is what I heard the other night! Herbert! Come here! Quick!


Herbert: What is it, Disgust? They were just about to start happy hour...whoa!

Disgust: See? I told you I heard something.

Herbert: What is that thing?

Well...remember when you got promoted that time and you asked me what a cat was?

Herbert: ...Is this a cat?

Yup.

Herbert: Where did they come from? There's like a million of these things around here...and why are they all following us?

Disgust: I...I think they're hungry...


Well it looks like you managed to make a friend.

Disgust: So, you know about these...what did you call them? Cats?

Yup.

Disgust: Do you think...I could take this one home with me?

I don't see why not, but you'll need to pick a name for it.

Disgust: Hmm...I like Amygdala.

Hard for me to spell, but otherwise very fitting...have you ran this by Herbert, by the way?

Disgust: I'm sure he won't mind...look how sweet it is...


Disgust: There we are...

Herbert: So let me get this straight. You were terrified of these things 2 days ago and now we're buying food for one?



Not that you need to...Amygdala seems to be having a hard time leaving her street life behind.

Disgust: Herbert, quick! Get your camera...you have to see what she's doing!


Huh...looks like Herbert's got some competition in the social media department.


So, you enjoying your new friend...

Disgust: She's adorable!

I have to say, I always kind of thought of you more as a dog person, but...

Disgust: A what person?

Oh, a dog? It's kind of like a cat, only...different? It's hard to explain...

Disgust: Wait...so there's more than one kind of...furry thing?

Yeah...

Disgust: Well we have to get ourselves one of those!

Wait, Disgust...


I think you might be moving a little fast here.

Disgust: Why? Look how many of them there are!


Wait, who are you?

Adoption Agent: The pet adoption agency sent me over...

Pet adoption agency? You guys didn't even know what these things were until two days ago...

Herbert: Hey, there...

Adoption Agent: So...you think it's a match?


Herbert: Wait, so...we can have more than one of these things?

Adoption Agent: Sure...why not?


Looks like we're getting a dog, too...welcome, Cortex...


Herbert: So...now what?

Well, first I would introduce your daughter to her new roommates...


Hope: ...Um, mysterious voice?

I'm guessing you have some questions...

Hope: Yeah, a few...


Herbert: They're called pets. The brown one's called a cat and the black one's a...um...what is it again?

A dog...or a puppy if you want to get technical.

Herbert: Right.

Hope: Uh-huh...and what exactly do they do?


Um....apparently one of them can guide Santa's sleigh...

Disgust: Santa? Is that another kind of animal?

(Sigh) No...


You should really go an get that looked at...

Disgust: You mean these things aren't supposed to do that?

You mean glow? No, they're not. And she doesn't sound too happy, either.

Disgust: You're right...what should I do?

Well...maybe take her to a vet?

Disgust: What?

(Sigh) Leave it to me...


Disgust: She looks even more miserable here than she did at home!

Of course she does. She's a cat at the vet. Just trust me...


See? They'll fix her right up.

Disgust: $750? How often do these things get sick anyway?


Vet: There we go...all better...


And we're back to eating everything except the cat food...are you really ok with this?

Disgust: What? There's only 3 of us living here, and I have to cook way too much for my job. At least someone's eating it!


(Laughs)

Disgust: What's so funny?

Nothing, it's just...it appears Amygdala is afraid of the stove.

Disgust: What?

Take a look behind you...


Disgust: Aww, Amygdala, the stove isn't scary...

It is if she walks on it...maybe you should start learning some recipes for salad.


Oh, right...the puppy. I got so preoccupied with Amygdala, the Red-Footed Alley Cat that I almost forgot about her.


Herbert: Oh, hey Sadness...yeah, we'd love to have you come by. We've got something amazing to show you...


Sadness: (sniffs) What's that smell?

Herbert: Oh, that must be the surprise...

Sadness: Um...I'm not sure I want to see a surprise that smells like that...


Sadness: What the...they're like...little furry things! Where did you get them?

Herbert: Well, that one your mother found outside a bar...and this one we had some guy bring over. They'll bring you one too if you want...

Sadness: I think we need to finish the house first, Dad...


Congrats, Disgust! We might top that culinary career yet!

Disgust: Not if I can't use my stove, I won't.

I'm sure the cat will be fine...

Disgust: But you saw how scared she looked...maybe I can desensitize her to it somehow...

Yeah, good luck with that...


Hope: So, is this one going to be this tiny forever?

Herbert: Huh...maybe I should have asked that guy...I mean, she can't even walk up the stairs...


Don't worry, Herbert...I think I know what those sparkles mean...


Happy birthday, Cortex!


Herbert: What the...you're huge!

Something tells me she won't be having problems with the stairs anymore.


Well, as much as I'd like to stay and watch Cortex enjoy her newfound freedom, it's just about time for me to be moving on. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Cats and Dogs are here!! I don't think I've been this excited for a pack yet. Pets in TS4 are seriously adorable. I love that each one has hidden quirks or fears, like Amygdala and the stove, that you cannot pick or see. It was hilarious when she started cowering away from the stove...especially because she also loves to eat human food. And I'm really glad that I got to see Cortex age up; she grew on the last night of the week. (She really did start licking Herbert's shoe when he was talking to Sadness...I don't think I've laughed out loud at a Sims game like that in a long time.) The vet clinic worked great as well. Someone will end up being a vet...I'm just not sure who yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment