Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Flenderson 2: Round 4


Last round, Noah Flenderson and his fiance Jennifer moved in together after graduating from high school. They had a simple wedding ceremony in their home, and Noah quickly found a job at the local science lab. By the end of the week, Jennifer had given birth to the couple's first son, Stratus.


Hi, guys!

Jennifer: Hi, mysterious voice!

What's going on?

Noah: Oh, we were just...talking...


Whoa! Give the mysterious voice time to get out of the room, at least...


Um...what are you doing?

Noah: I'm trying to surprise Jennifer. I brought this home from work...


Did you just upgrade the fridge with that...thing?

Noah: Yup! Now I'm going to do the stove...





How exactly is turning the stove into a guitar an improvement?

Noah: I can fix it...


Oh, that's even better...an on-fire lamp...


Noah: Sorry, honey...

Jennifer: I don't know why you wanted a new stove anyway...our old one worked just fine.

Noah: I was just trying to make the kitchen nicer for you.

Jennifer: Noah, neither of us really cook. The last thing we need to be worrying about is our kitchen appliances. 


Maybe Noah can transform-ray up another bed...


Happy birthday, dear Stratus...


Wow, you're a handsome little guy.

Stratus: Thanks!

Have you picked an aspiration?


Stratus: I want to be an artist!

Ok, creativity it is!


Although it appears we're not done with babies around here...


Jennifer: I'm glad we didn't sell the cradle yet...


Noah: Guess what, buddy? You're going to be a big brother!

Stratus: Really? Can I have a little sister?

Noah: Well, maybe...we really don't get to pick.


Noah: Stratus, what did you do to this thing?

Stratus: I don't know...it just started squirting.



What are you up to, Stratus?

Stratus: I'm making pictures for the baby's room.

Aww, that's sweet...but does the baby even have a room yet?

Stratus: Mom and Dad are building it a little at a time.






Wait, shouldn't there be a supply catalogue or something for that?


So you guys really have to dig up your own materials?

Noah: Of course. Where else are we supposed to get them?


Well, I guess he dug up enough stuff. Congratulations, Noah.



Noah: Hey Abbie...

Abbie: Oh, hi Noah.

Noah: Can I ask you a question?

Abbie: Sure.

Noah: What do you know about aliens?

Abbie: ....Nothing. I don't know anything about them. Why are you asking me? I'm not even on the Alien Study team. Go ask them.

Noah: Oh, um...ok. I just thought that maybe you might know...something they don't...



So, after that thing set your appliances on fire you decided to fire it at people?

Noah: It's not set to "transform". It's set to "mind control." 

I think that might get you in trouble with HR, Noah...


Uh-oh...I think karma might be coming back to bite somebody...


What happened, Noah?

Noah: I...I don't know...


Congratulations, Jenifer.

Jennifer: Thanks! But...I think it's time.

Time? Time for what?



Ok, we missed this last time...let's head to the hospital.


Noah: Baby's coming...what do I do? What do I do?

Jennifer: You don't do anything. I'm going to go check in at the desk.


Wait...what is that? 

Jennifer: I'm not entirely sure...


Is that...glue?

Jennifer: Are you sure this is the right machine for this?


Well, I'm quite sure how that machine did it but the baby's here! Looks like we've got another boy!


Make that two boys...


Jennifer: I can't believe I have three little boys...

Were you hoping for a girl?

Jennifer: Well, I didn't really have a preference. But I know Stratus was hoping for a baby sister.


Um, Noah? Forgive me for saying this but...it appears you have put on a little weight.

Noah: I know. I must be eating too many snacks from the vending machines at work.

Yeah...sure, that must be it.


Stratus: Mom, can we take them back and exchange them for sisters?

Jennifer: No, Stratus. You three will be great friends when they get a bit bigger. You'll see. 

Stratus: But I bet girl babies would cry less...


Stratus: Gee, Dad..you sure have been eating a lot.

Noah: Well, I've been working hard, son. And it's making me very hungry.

Uh-huh...


Noah: OW! 

Maybe you should see a doctor?

Noah: No, no...it's just gas, I'm sure...


At least it's not affecting his work performance any...


Oh, thank the saints...


Ok, let's do this...


Happy birthday, dear Cirrius...


Not bad. Have you picked an aspiration?


Cirrius: I want to be a great artist, just like Stratus!

Maybe Stratus will end up liking his brothers after all.



Happy birthday dear Nimbus...




How about you? Have you chosen an aspiration?


Nimbus: I want a lot of friends!

Ok, social butterfly it is...

Noah: Ow! My stomach...


Ok, that's it...you're going to the hospital...


Jennifer: Come on, Noah...let's go get you checked in. I'm sure the doctor will be able to figure out what's going on.

Really? Jennifer, look at him...


Noah: It's just some indigestion...

Doctor: Um...I don't think so, Mr. Flenderson...


Well, Stratus should be happy....


Jennifer: What the...Noah, what happened?

Noah: I'm...not entirely sure.


Looks like you ended up with a daughter after all, huh?

Noah: Yeah, but I never expected to end up with one this way.

Well, as much as I hate to leave you guys I have to be on my way. You go ahead and get Rain settled back home. I'll see you guys next round.





A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And that wraps up round 4! I'm actually having much more fun with Noah's science career than I thought I would. That transform ray is downright addicting, even if it does result in some unexpected fires. And I don't know how the science lab isn't riddled with HR lawsuits from all the mind control experiments. Stratus actually did get angry after the twins were born; the first thing he did after his parents got home from the hospital was to beat up his giant stuffed animal. 

On to round 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment