Thursday, August 24, 2017

Doe 1: Round 16



Last round, Garnet and Amethyst Doe settled into life in elementary school. Garnet continued to flaunt his kleptomaniac trait, but somehow managed to avoid getting caught. Meanwhile, Christin and Mackerel continued to advance in their careers.


Morning, guys!

Christin: Hi there, mysterious voice.

So what's on the agenda for today?

Christin: We're taking the kids down to the new community center; they have a music room where Amethyst can practice her violin.

Community center?


Huh...is this place new?

Christin: Yeah, it just opened. Turns out that kids library was such a success they built a version with adult classrooms, too.

Garnet: Ok, well, see you guys around...

Christin: Whoa, there, buddy...I want you both to stay with me until Amethyst goes in for her violin practice. Come on, we'll go to the kids room upstairs...


Garnet: Come on...let's sneak out of here when Mom's not looking...

Amethyst: No way! I want to keep playing! We don't have one of these at home.


Garnet: Mom! I'm bored...this stupid place is so babyish...

Christin: (sigh) Garnet, if you're bored, you can go downstairs and play basketball with your father until it's time to go. Your sister hasn't even started her violin lesson yet.

Garnet: Ugh...fine...


Um...we don't appear to be in the gym...

Garnet: I'm going...I'm going. I just thought I left something in here.

You left something in the toddler nursery?

Garnet: Uh...yeah...that's my octopus down there. One of the stupid babies probably took it...

Garnet...we really need to have a talk...


Oh, good...we finally made it to the basketball court.

Mackerel: That's it...just a little bit to the left...


Garnet: Guess what? While you were at your stupid violin class, I made 5 baskets and I got a new toy!

Amethyst: A new toy? Garnet...

Garnet: Don't worry, it's not some stupid doll. I don't have to hide it in your room.

Amethyst: Garnet you need to stop stealing stuff! You're going to get in trouble!

Garnet: Not if nobody finds out...


You might get in trouble for blowing up science class, though...

Christin: (sigh) I was waiting for something like this to happen...yes, of course. Whatever you need to do. I'll support it.


Mackerel: You seriously told the school to punish him?

Christin: He destroyed other kids' projects, Mackerel...

Mackerel: I'm sure he didn't mean to do it. Did you even ask him about it first?

Christin: Well, the school wasn't about to put him on the phone to explain himself...but if you think you know what's going on so well, why don't you go talk to him?


Mackerel: Hey, bud...so, your mom told me you got in trouble at school today.

Garnet: It's not my fault! I told the other kids it could explode but they didn't believe me...

Why would you bring a project to school that could explode in the first place?

Garnet: Because mine was just better than theirs!


Amethyst: Thanks to you, I have to do my whole project all over again!

Garnet: Well, next time don't put your stupid little kid projects next to my real science stuff...

Amethyst: You know the whole class hates you, right? 

Garnet: Eh...who needs them. I'll be out of that baby school soon anyway.


Well, at least that science practice paid off somewhere...


Nice going, Mackerel...

Mackerel: Thanks.


Oh, good...Marvin's back...

Amethyst: Dad...


Mackerel: Don't worry, honey...the monster's all gone...





Christin: Mackerel, we need to talk about Garnet...

Mackerel: Don't worry, I talked to him about the science lab stuff. We agreed to not bring the real chemicals in to school anymore.

Christin: It's not just that...I've been trying to get his birthday party together, and I can barely find any kids who want to come.

Mackerel: Huh...that's strange. Wonder why...

Really? Mackerel, do you remember what you found in his backpack?

Mackerel: Yeah...I guess a kid who walks around with dishes in his bag would have a hard time making friends...

Mackerel...have you ever heard of the word "Denial"?


Well, looks like Christin was at least able to find a few guests...


Garnet: Ha! I win!

Hermes: No fair! You cheated!

Garnet: No I didn't...

Hermes: Yes you did! You knocked all my tokens down!

Garnet: Hey, you didn't have to stop and pick them up...

Man, I can't imagine why so many kids didn't want to come...


All right, let's see if he's any better as a teen...Happy birthday, dear Garnet...


No surprises there...


And I think an outfit makeover is in order.


Clam: Um...dude, you need to see this before you go to school tomorrow...

Garnet: What?..."Garnet Doe Survival Strategies?" What the hell is this?

Clam: Well...some of the other kids aren't exactly thrilled that you'll be back with them in high school.

Garnet: Oh, that's just dumb...what'd I ever do to them?

Well, costing them recess for weeks on end seems like a logical starting point...

Clam: What? So...it was you?

Garnet: No! She doesn't know what she's talking about! And anyway, why should I care what a bunch of losers say about me on a website?




Haiti: Hey there...why are you looking so stressed? It's your birthday...

Garnet: Ugh...just...thinking about high school tomorrow, I guess.

Haiti: Eh, don't worry about it. It's really not that different. Besides, I'm sure you're smarter than at least half of the teachers.

Garnet: Yeah, probably...

Haiti: You up for a game of foosball?


Huh...you know, these two might work pretty well together...

Garnet: What?

Haiti: Ha! I win!

Not so fun from the other side, is it Garnet?


Nice job, Christin...

Christin: Thanks...I'm just glad I was able to pass off reviews of the Rainbow Room's drinks as actual articles.

Um...on a less positive note...


Christin: (sigh) I really thought he was going to grow out of this.

I don't get it...if you know he's doing it...

Christin: I want him to admit it. The stealing is one thing, but the lying is something else altogether...

Well, I think your chances of that happening are slim to none.

Christin: I know...


Christin: Garnet, we need to have a talk...I found this book in your backpack. It says it's property of the school...

Garnet: Yeah...I borrowed it from the library. No big deal.

Christin: Garnet...we both know that's not true...

Garnet: What, so now I can't even do my homework without getting in trouble?


Mackerel: You've got to lighten up on him, Christin!

Christin: Lighten up? You were the one who found all that stuff in his backpack on the first day of school!

Mackerel: Well, that was a long time ago! Besides, he's...

Christin: Mackerel, I swear, if you bring up his grades again...you know, being smart and stealing are not mutually exclusive!

Mackerel: ...what?

Christin: (sigh)...

Um...pardon the interruption, but...any reason Amethyst appears to be eating French toast for dinner?

Christin: Oh...sorry, honey...I guess I got distracted.

Amethyst: It's ok...I like French toast.


Christin: Shouldn't you have finished your homework last night?

Garnet: I was busy...

Christin: Doing what?

Garnet: I don't know...stuff...

Mackerel: Hey, leave the kid alone...he's finishing it either way.


Do I want to know where you got that?

Garnet: No...probably not.  So why don't you quit asking?


Christin: Interesting new poster...I don't remember buying that.

Garnet: Yeah...that's because the soccer coach was handing them out...geez, can't I finish my homework without being interrogated?

You are so lucky I can't follow you to school...


Oh, right...Amethyst. I almost forgot she was here.


Hopefully she'll have more friends than Garnet did...


Snow: Man, school is so much better now that your brother's gone...we actually get to have recess again! It's too bad you have to go to high school with him now.

Amethyst: Um...yeah...


Happy birthday, dear Amethyst...


Man, she is just losing the trait lottery, isn't she?


At least she actually got a nice hairstyle...


Christin: I can't believe my little girl's already a teenager...

Amethyst: Mom...

Christin: How about we start giving your room a bit of a makeover, huh? I mean, it's not like you'll be needing that dollhouse anymore..

Amethyst: Pack up the dollhouse...um....sure, yeah! Great...but...there's one thing I have to do first...


Amethyst: Dude...this seriously isn't funny. You need to get those stupid stolen dolls out of my room now!

Garnet: No way! Where would I even hide them? They're dolls.

Amethyst: Garnet, Mom's about to start packing up the dollhouse any minute... 

Garnet: Looks like you'd better start thinking of some excuses and quick...

You're seriously going to let your sister take the fall for something you did in elementary school? I mean, it's not going to work, but still...

Amethyst: She's right, Garnet. You know Mom already knows...she's just waiting to catch you in the act.

Garnet: Which is never going to happen, now is it? Besides, now you've been lying about it for just as long as I have...


Christin: Are you sure you don't want help packing that stuff up? It's pretty heavy...it took your father 3 hours to put the thing together.

Amethyst: No...no, I got it. 

Christin: Are you sure you're alright?

Amethyst: (sigh) Yeah...yeah. Um...I should probably get started.

Well, as much as I would like to stick around and help with the redecorating, I have to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Well, Garnet avoided getting caught for another week. Now that he's out of elementary school he's started swiping a wider variety of stuff, like the poster, while he's at school. At least it's better than the dollhouse dolls that I can't put anywhere but on the floor. Eventually this stealing will catch up with him...I just haven't decided when or how.

No comments:

Post a Comment