Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Lytle 1: Round 17



Last round was a rough one for the Lytle family with the family still recovering from the almost-death of their son Hunter. Sadly, Nimbus died of old age as well, which didn't do much to help Emerald's emotional state. 


Emerald: Wasn't that fun, Mom?

Wasn't what fun?

Charley: Oh, we've just been for a walk around the neighborhood.

At this time of night?

Charley: When you've worked in entertainment as long as I have, this is morning to you...I'm just going to go rest for a minute, dear.

Emerald: Are you ok? I can get you something from the kitchen...

Charley: Oh, Emerald, I'm perfectly fine getting a glass of water...

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?


Really? We couldn't even make it to sunrise?





Looks like you got here just in time, Hosnian...


Emerald: Mom?

Here we go again...


Goodbye, Charley...


Emerald: (crying)

Hosnian: It'll be ok, Em...I promise.

Tell you what, Hosnian...you stay here while I call the cavalry...

Hosnian: What cavalry?

Her brothers?

Hosnian: Oh, yeah...they should probably know, huh?


Gee, it seems like this just happened...

Forest: Hey there, little sister...


Hunter: You sure you don't want to come crash with us for a few days? I'm sure Zyrtec would love having his aunt around.

Emerald: Thanks, but I'd really rather stay here. Besides, I'm going to graduate soon anyway...


Really soon, apparently. I guess this is the round of badly-timed birthdays...


Hosnian: Um...how you doing, Em?

Emerald: ...

Hosnian: I'd say Happy Birthday, but...

Emerald: I know. Thanks anyway. And thanks for fixing the sink...I didn't even notice it broke.

Hosnian: No problem. I just hope I did it right.


Oh, good. Garnet's here. That'll improve the situation.

Garnet: So...no parents. You two must be planning an epic party, huh?

Hosnian: Dude...what's wrong with you?

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Hosnian on that one...


I guess this is the epic party he was talking about? Better than nothing, I guess. Happy Birthday, dear Emerald...


And she would roll "cheerful" as her third trait...


...This couldn't have been on the same day? We get to have two awkwardly timed birthdays in a row?


Emerald: As soon as you get home I'll have your cake waiting for you.

Hosnian: Em, it's ok...I can make it when I get home.

Emerald: No, it's your birthday. Besides, what else am I going to do all day?


Emerald: Hello? Hey, Pine. No, really. I'm fine. Really. Listen, I've got to go. It's Hosnian's birthday, and I haven't even started on his cake yet. Yes I do too know how to make one! I don't need to call Moss...


Um...about that cake?


Oh, you did have one.

Hosnian: Yeah...

Sorry I missed the picture.


Hosnian: Look, Em, I know that this isn't really the usual way of moving in together...but...


Yup, that didn't take much time.


Well, Emerald's smiling. Something must have gone well last night.

Hosnian: It did for me...

Emerald: Me too...


Hosnian: Emerald, I know this must seem so fast but I can't wait anymore...will you marry me?





Emerald: Are you kidding? Of course I will!


Hosnian: I can't wait to tell everyone...


Emerald: Um...hold that thought...

Hosnian: Em...are you ok?


I think she's just fine, Hosnian...


Hosnian: You're...what?

Emerald: Pregnant.

Hosnian: But...we only did it once.

I'm pretty sure that's all it takes...


I guess we better get this wedding done now while Emerald still fits in her dress.


Hey, Alderaan...wait, you guys are doing the wedding here?

Alderaan: I think it's quaint. Besides, I'm getting sick of going to the same place over and over.


Unicorn: Aunt Emerald, you look like a princess...

Emerald: (laughs) Thank you, girls...


Forest: Hold on there, buddy...we don't know what's in that.

Emerald: It's ok, Forest-we opted for the non-alcoholic punch when we found out that...um...

Forest: Found out what?

Emerald: Um...found out that so many kids were going to be here...


All right, let's get this show on the road before any more secrets get almost-dropped.





Great, now we have random dancing and levitating children...








Sprite: Aunt Emerald? Are you going to have a baby?

Emerald: What?!

Sprite: Well, that's what people do when they get married, right?

Emerald: Oh...well, you know, maybe...


Universe: What an amazing wedding! I wish I'd thought of having it at home...

Yeah, I don't know if that would have worked out so well for you. You know, the whole triple wedding thing.

Universe: Oh, yeah...

Emerald: Well, you know, we were kind of in a rush...

Universe: Really? You don't say?

Emerald: Universe...can you keep a secret?

Universe: ...It's true, isn't it?

Emerald: Isn't what? I haven't said...

Universe: You're pregnant!

Emerald: Shh! Keep it down, will you?

Universe: I can't believe it! My little cousin's going to have a...wait, why are you keeping that a secret? Hosnian knows, doesn't he?

Emerald: Of course. But my brothers don't...

Universe: Do you really think they'd care? I mean, Planet and Galaxy...

Emerald: Universe, have you met my brothers? They already treat me like I'm made of glass. If I tell them I'm having a baby I swear they'd all move back in!

Universe: Well, they're going to find out eventually you know.

Emerald: I know, I know. I'm just waiting for the right moment.



Hosnian: Well, that went pretty well if I do say so myself.

Other than the 200 dishes that are still all over your yard, sure.

Emerald: She's got a point. Maybe we should get started on cleaning...


Or...


Looks like we're doing everything at home. It's baby time!


It's a girl! Welcome, Jade! 


Emerald: I'm...a mom?

Yup, you sure are!

Emerald: ...

You should probably go rest. I'll just give you guys a hand redecorating in here...


Hosnian: Now, where did Mommy get to..

First lesson in baby care, Hosnian...they don't tend to answer questions very well. 

Hosnian: Well, do you know where she is?

Um...


(sigh)

Hosnian: Em? You OK? I...um...got the baby back to sleep...

Emerald: ...

Hosnian: You want to tell me what's up?

Emerald: It's just not fair! She should be here, Hosnian! Both of them should. My brothers were right. I'm not ready to do this! I can't do this by myself!

Hosnian: Hey, hey...it's alright. You're not alone, ok?


Case in point...

Hosnian: Yeah, maybe it would be a good idea to get out of here for a minute. We can drop Jade off at daycare on the way.

Emerald: Dropping her off at daycare already...some mother I am..


Hosnian: Um...hey there, little guy! What are you up to?

Finn: I dunno...

Hosnian: Why were you spilling flour and chocolate all over the lawn?

Finn: I dunno...

Hosnian: Ours isn't going to do that, is she?

Um...no, of course not...


Pine: So, when can I come by and meet my new niece?

Emerald: Oh, um...soon.

Pine: You need any help? I mean, my guys can't really babysit just yet but...

Emerald: I'm fine, Pine...

Rey: Aunt Emerald!


Emerald: Hey there...

Rey: Did you have the baby?

Emerald: I...I sure did. You have a brand new cousin!

Rey: Can I come see? I can help-I'm big now!

Emerald: (sigh) Yeah, sweetie. I'd like that.

Well, while you're working out a babysitting schedule I'm just going to get moving on to the next house. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, now do you see why I moved Hosnian in a little bit early? (Charley actually almost died while I was taking the holiday pictures-that's how little time she lasted into the week.) You also may have noticed the club icons above her brothers' heads-I figured it would be easier to get them all together at once if I created a club for them. They really do call Emerald constantly-I ended up only going on one visit to Pine's but I'm pretty sure all of them invited her over. And yeah, I have no idea what's going on with the weddings where Sims all decide to dance instead of sitting down. It's super creepy with children involved because that group dance animation isn't made for them, so they stretch/levitate through the whole ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment