Sunday, July 1, 2018

Bernard 4: Round 17



Last round, Luke continued to devote himself to his work at the police station in a misguided attempt to catch his father committing a crime. Unfortunately, this meant that he didn't have as much time to spend with his daughters, Tempera and Crayola. This became very apparent on the girls' birthday, when he mistook the new toddler Crayola for her big sister-something that didn't sit well with his wife Cindy.


Hey, Tempera...

Tempera: Hi mysterious voice! Want to see my scout board?

You signed up too huh?


Man, this scouting program has some impressive enrollment numbers...


And I guess we've got another holiday...


Tempera: Dad? Can I go to Uncle Poe's house?

Luke: Sure, honey...hey, while you're over there, can you tell them about the party?

Party?

Tempera: Yeah...for New Years!


Tempera: Are you coming over for New Years?

Eclipse: What's New Years?

Tempera: Well, I'm not sure exactly but I know we get to stay up late...and yell stuff.

Celestial: Cool! I'm in!

Universe: Tempera, you might want to start heading home...it's really coming down out there.


Sure, let's send the child home by herself in the blizzard...


Ok, New Years Eve. Let's do this...


Tempera: I'm going to stay up all the way to midnight...

Crayola: Me too!

Tempera: No way. You're way too little. You'll never make it. 

Given that most toddlers in this town are awake at 1AM anyway...I'd say she has a shot.


All right, let's get everybody over...


Tempera: Hi, Uncle Poe!

Poe: Hi there, Tempera...you look very pretty...

Luke: Hey there, little brother.

Poe: Good to see you, Luke...now where's that buffet you promised me?


Luke: Tempera, how about you give that thing a rest?

Tempera: But Dad, that's what New Years is for!

Luke: Oh, that's not true...

Well, she's not old enough to drink yet so staying up late and making noise is pretty much all that's left...


Leia: Happy New Year...

Luke: You too. I was starting to think you wouldn't make it...

Leia: Are you kidding? I wouldn't miss it....but you try getting three kids dressed and out the door, plus Mom and Pine.


So...now that the party's underway, how about we talk resolutions?

Tempera: What's a resolution?


 It's something you want to do in the new year....like, finally start working on your aspiration.


Tempera: Oh, I get it..,.I want to become a Griffon scout!

Well, judging by all the other scouts so far, that seems pretty easy.


How about you, Cindy?

Cindy: I've got a promotion coming...I can feel it!


Luke: Ah, here you are...what are you doing out in the snow?

Leia: Just needed some fresh air...so, you're finally going to start that aspiration of yours, huh?

Luke: Better late than never, I guess...I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time...

Leia: Hey now...enough with the regrets. It's New Years...

Again, that's kind of what New Years is for.

Luke: So, drinking, staying up late, making noise, and regrets?

Yup. Great holiday, isn't it? Speaking of making noise, you two may want to head back in. The countdown is going to start soon.


Everyone: 5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!

Tempera: I did it! I said up all the way to midnight!


Tempera: And I got a badge!

The staying-up-late badge?

Tempera: No! I talked to so many people at the party I got the sociability badge!


Well, that's one resolution down...


Luke: Oh, hey Mom...yeah, I can drop by today...


Luke: Did you have a good time last night?

Jamaica: Oh, it was wonderful. I just wish we'd known about these holiday things when you kids were little.

Luke: Yeah, the girls have been loving them...


At least we're making some time for play group...


Or play-pair, I guess. Man, there's almost no toddlers left in town...


Oh, right...I guess it's work time.

Luke: Yeah...





Luke: So did you see what they looked like?

Witness: What who looked like?

Luke: The criminal...

Witness: What criminal? There was a criminal here?

Luke: (Sigh)


All right, well, let's give this a shot...


Luke: You! I know it was you! You are under...


So another great day then...


Luke: (Sigh) I stayed for another half shift and I still couldn't find the right person...

Did you ever think...you just weren't made to be a detective?

Luke: Maybe...


Luke: So...how are things down at the restaurant?

Cindy: Oh, just as crazy as always...

Luke: Do you think having another bartender would help?

Cindy: ...Really?


Luke: I won't be able to help you right away, of course. I'll have to work my way up...

Cindy: I'll help you!


All right then, it's all settled...and that's two resolutions down!


Nice work!

Cindy: Thanks...I figured if I relaxed a bit before work...


Cindy: Yes!

All right! That's all 3 resolutions complete!


Um, Tempera? I love that you're shoveling, but usually you shovel the snow off of the deck...


Well, if you guys are following the pattern of the rest of the town I'm guessing Luke and Crayola?

Cindy: How'd you know?

Call it a hunch.


Tempera: Hey! The snow's all gone!

Well, winter's almost over...


Happy birthday, dear Luke...





...and Crayola...


Man, we've been lucking out with the child traits this round...


Huh...not bad, but maybe another hairstyle would work better.


There we go. Now, you guys enjoy the rest of the party...I've got to be moving along. I'll see you guys next round! 


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And...it's Spring! So New Years Eve was pretty fun. Surprisingly most of the party guests actually watched the countdown. And finally Luke is out of the detective career...I had always intended to have him move over to culinary eventually, but truthfully I was also getting pretty frustrated with the suspect selection process. (Seasons actually threw another monkey wrench into that, because the descriptions for outfits are for a Sims' everyday wear, not their hot or cold weather gear.) I might try detective with another Sim eventually, but it was time for Luke to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment