Sunday, July 1, 2018

Palmer 4: Round 17


Last round, the Palmers were still trying to cope with the unique challenges of living in an apartment building. With their son Houston now a toddler and Susanna becoming pregnant with their second child, Madison, the goal of moving to a private penthouse took on a new sense of urgency. By the end of the week, Madison had entered the toddler years and Houston had started school.


Morning, guys...

Buzz: (yawn) Is it? I wouldn't know...

I take it you guys are still on...uneasy terms with your neighbors?

Buzz: That's one way to put it. And with this...what's it called, again?

Weather?

Buzz: Yeah...anyway, with this weather stuff now we can't even go outside and escape!


Houston: Cool...the sky water's back!

Rain. It's called rain.

Houston: Well, whatever it's called I want to go play in it!

Just be careful-it's not as hot out as it used to be.


I'd imagine it makes for better paintings, though...

Buzz: I guess it's sort of pretty...and at least the air isn't so hot anymore.

That's because it's fall now...

Buzz: Wait, what? We're on a really high floor...I don't think falling is a good idea...

No...that's...not what I meant at all...



Houston: This is so awesome...hey, does this mean I don't have to take a bath?

Unless soap starts falling from the sky too, I don't think so...


Um...is there any reason we're reading  bedtime story at 3PM?

Houston: Because the people next door wake us up in the middle of the night. So we have to go to bed right after school.

Man, I give you guys credit for trying to make this work...


Houston: So...how's play group?

Madison: Ok...I climbed up the big tunnels!

Houston: Cool...


Buzz: Hey...what's that?

That would be snow...

Buzz: It's snowing? I've got to get a better look at this...


Buzz: Huh...

What?

Buzz: Not as cool as I thought...

Well, it was just a little flurry...I don't think it's going to stick.

Buzz: Stick? Snow is sticky?

Um...sort of...


Madison: What are you doing?

Houston: We have a project for school...

Madison: Can I help?

Houston: No!...I guess you can watch, though...

Madison: Ok...

You're a really good big brother, Houston...


Buzz: Huh? Oh, it's you again...listen, this really isn't a good time...

???: Hey, man, what's with the getup? You should come next door, Bakko's got his place nice and toasty...

Uh-huh...tell me something, is it also raining inside Bakko's apartment or is the umbrella just a fashion statement?


...and you broke the fridge. Ok, I think visiting time is over...


Houston: Mom? Who was that guy?

Buzz: He's Mr. Jang's cousin, apparently, but I'm not so sure he's telling the truth.

Houston: I thought it was rude to come into people's houses without asking first.


Houston: Hey, Marvin...you're not supposed to come till tomorrow!

Tomorrow? What's tomorrow?


Oh, I see. Another holiday.

Houston: Yup! And we get to wear costumes, and we're going to have a big party...


Buzz: Ok, Madison..do you want to be a monster or a princess for the party?

Madison: Monster!

Susanna: Are you sure?

Madison: ...No, princess!

Buzz: You're sure you want to be a princess?

Madison: ...No, monster!

This looks like it could take awhile...


Luckily Houston seems to have made up his mind more quickly...


And I see we went with a monster...

Madison: Monster princess!

Huh?

Susanna: Just go with it...it's the only way we could get her to pick.


Aww...


Looks like a fun party...

Houston: Yeah, and we can stay up real real late, because tomorrow's a holiday too...

Really?


Um, I'm almost afraid to ask this...but what is life day?

Buzz: I think it's about remembering people that died? We're still kind of new at this whole holiday thing, you know.

I see...but nobody's died at your house yet.

Buzz: I know. That's why we're heading over to my sisters' house.


Eve: Hey, Buzz...

Buzz: Wasn't the ceremony this morning beautiful?

Ceremony?

Eve: Yeah...the life day ceremony. 

Oh, that's where you all went this morning. Sorry I missed it.


Ok, then...let's get into the Life Day spirit I guess...I have to admit, this isn't as much fun as the other holidays.


Madison: Houston, did you ever meet Grandma?

Houston: Oh, sure. She came to visit us all the time when I was little. She was really great...

Madison: I wish I 'membered her...

Well, you do have the same name as her if that helps...which I only just now realized...

Buzz: Come on, kids...time to head to the park!


What life day tradition is this?

Buzz: It's not. Life Day just happened to line up with something else...


I see. Happy birthday, dear Buzz...


Congratulations...

Buzz: Oh, we're not done yet...


Happy birthday, dear Madison...


Ok, those fit together well...


...Not bad, but I kind of liked that other hairstyle on you...


Nemo: Welcome to the old folks' club, little brother...you feeling it yet?

Buzz: I only aged up an hour ago...

Nemo: Hey, that's all it took with me!


There we go, much better...


Buzz: Susanna, where have you been? I haven't seen you for the entire party...

Susanna: I know...I was just on the phone with the bank.

The bank? You guys have a bank?

Susanna: Of course...

Buzz: Well, what did they say?

Susanna: ...We've got enough!

Buzz: Really?

Susanna: Uh-huh!


Well, I'd say congratulations but it looks like Buzz and Susanna are a little...preoccupied right now. I guess I'll catch up with you guys in round 18!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And Fall arrives! I know with these guys living in an apartment there wasn't as much outdoor stuff on this lot. Hopefully these guys will be able to do more weather related activities once they move into their new penthouse! And yes, they finally do have enough money saved up! Next week is moving week!

No comments:

Post a Comment